By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

Hyruken said:
Seeing as stores came out yesterday and today saying they have seen increase in 360 sales from 200% to 600% i think it is pretty safe to assume VGChartz is waaaaaay out on this weeks numbers.

Which stores?  Links?

Around the Network

the ps3 still trumps the 360 this week.

Lets see what the price cut can do next week but all i can say is that u am not impressed yet. but at least it has outdone the ps3 in america

The price cut effect should have been more this week, as it is really big the first week, then falls to stabilize at (hopefully) a higher number.

With sales up "100 percent", over that weekend, doesn't bode too well, but we'll see next week how the sales pan out.

Hawkeye said:
The_God-of_war- didn't DS/Wii win WW in both console and handheld? PS3 didn't win...

DS and Wii don't count, obviously. It has been this way for sometime...

sales will be alot better next week overall. and i think the sales will sustain for the rest of the year at around 80k or more in america, because of the lineup of games and now this new price cut.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

I've pecked around my local stores this week while looking at HDTVs and browsing games, didn't see any Arcades (doesn't necessarily mean they sold, I don't think they were well stocked to begin with), still pros to be had, and a few elites here and there.

I think a lot of stores never stocked the Arcade well because it was not a big seller. Wonder if we'll see a short rise and then extended legs into the holiday season as stores adjust to the newfound popularity of the Arcade model.

The effect of the price cut won't last very long in my opinion.

360's problem isn't price, it's lack of appeal.

They don't have any type of gimmick just games. No one really cares about games, so that won't cut it. It needs a gimmick to generate hype. Price cuts aren't going to be a big deal at this point.

I was expecting at least 100k for the 360 even after only 2 days of sales.

I'd imagine next week will be big though, with Japan seeing a moderate hardware boost coupled with the further effects of the price cut in NA.

really with the price of a console being that low (360) it should be doubling ps3's sales

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT