By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

Naum said:
why would anyone even buy the arcade verion? it's pretty much just a half Xbox360

mmm because there are people that just want to play instead of getting a lot of stuffs (demos, music....). People sometimes forget that not everyone is like we are. Some people just want a console to play one or 2 days a week, that they just get it because they like to play and thats it.

And thats why someone would buy an arcade version (=

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
holy SH**T

with a price cut and still below PS3,,,,but I guess next week will be better for 360.

The price cut only took affect for 2 days!

most people, almost everyone, doesn't even know when a price cut is coming, we now it 'cause we follow the gaming news

''Hadouken!''

Wii back too over 100k Ps3 keeps selling good, also 360 good sales, it will definitly be interesting next week too see the numbers from Us and Japan.

I personally sold three Arcades shortly after the price cut went into effect at our store (within the next three days, while we usually sell one a week, if that).

However, they were all bought by people replacing their Pros. :S

I also sold an Elite. The idiot was spending an extra $100 on what is nothing more than a black coat of paint and a larger HDD, yet he was asking me about used controller and game prices. If you're that worried about money, why the hell are you getting an Elite? xD

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:
360 Price Cut was only for 2 days but even still the inital day of the cut should see the highest sales of the week. Very dissappointing tbh.

360 steady death confirmed = depends on nexts week sales

It is the cheapest console but is outsold by the most expensive by $200 dollars WW by about 40k-50k weekly and some weeks 80k+. I can't wait to see Xbots like StarCraft and MrStickBall try to spin this.

"But, but we have LIVE and the most RPGS" or "Sales arn't everything" or even "Wait till holidays."

Please don't call people "xbots"...

Soul_tech10 said:
Jlmadyson said:

PS3 72,162

Uh Big no, will be clear and apparent in NPD. Unless of course VGC drops PS3 by large margins in the next few weeks. The shipment numbers for this quarter will be so off VGC it's not going to be funny. At this rate VGC will have the difference betwee the PS3 and 360 at close to 5 million even by the end of this quarter. That is simply not going to be the case. That would mean somehow the PS3 wiped out nearly a million in shipment difference this quarter, no way, no how. In fact, the shipment difference is probably going to be even bigger between the two than it was on June 30 of 5.89 million.

With VGC being off -13k for the 360 and 40k+ for the PS3 with NPD in August this is going to be interesting going forward because they have now added even more to the PS3 than last week.  Unless adjustments are made going forward they are going to be off quite a bit this month indeed.

uh Big yes,

dont forget that VGC tracks sales data for the AMERICAS, not ony USA, u jerk

Don't call people jerks. Flaming is not allowed on this forum.

makingmusic476 said:
I personally sold three Arcades shortly after the price cut went into effect at our store (within the next three days, while we usually sell one a week, if that).

However, they were all bought by people replacing their Pros. :S

I also sold an Elite. The idiot was spending an extra $100 on what is nothing more than a black coat of paint and a larger HDD, yet he was asking me about used controller and game prices. If you're that worried about money, why the hell are you getting an Elite? xD

Yeah, the elite pricing is strange

A year and a half ago, it was the only 360 with the Zephyr (?) motherboard, 100 extra gigs of Hard drive space, an HDMI output, and a HDMI cable plus the coat of paint.  One would argue that the newer motherboard was worth the price of entry, and everything else was extra, which it was, so the extra price was fine for reliability.

But with the motherboards the same across all skus, HDMI the same across all skus, and with only the hard drive space to differentiate between the pro and the elite, there's no reason to buy the elite over the pro, unless you really want to download stuff.  :-/

The elite should be 350 at most.

I am Very Suprised at 360 sales, see what next week brings

Too low 360 sales for me, good for ps3....waiting for next week