By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
wonder why Sony wasn't willing to show anyone playing any of their games?

Because they're all fake. It's all CG ;)

Obviously. A pretty poor E3 from all perspectives. With Sony doing worse and worse I wonder if this conference will even help them?

Yeah they're doing worse and worse... I think it's over for Sony, time to get out of the video game business.

Honestly, pretty much yeah. Like I said the Playstation 3 serves no purpose for Sony anymore except to siphon money out of their pocket book.

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
Sony was probably the only one who took the event seriously

LMAO

yahh that explains it.

BTW, was I the only one who left the MGS4 trailer feeling a little unimpressed with the graphics? The trailer looked cool story-wise but everything just looked... flat. Was I expecting too much out of this game?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:
1.nintendo (just for the wii balance board)
2.sony
3.MS

really? you think the balance board is better than NCsoft going exclusive to Playstation, InFamous, Haze and UT3 exclusive through the holidays, PSP redesign and a crazy bundle of PSP lite, Daxter, Family guy and 1gb mem stick for $199.99, exclusive star wars battlefront PSP game, Killzone 2 kicking booty with a pre alpha build, Home integration on PC (booting directly into games with friends from home demonstrated) Singstar/myspace page for Singstar PS3. UT3 having mods and sony embracing it etc.

interesting how a concept that existed on the original NES beats what sony showed, but to each his own.

well im not a big fan of mmo games or fps.

ratchet and clank looked cool but there was nothing there that really amde me say wow, i mean the graphics for mgs4 and killzone were very good yes but they just didnt do it for me.

homes pretty cool though i really like the direction they're taking with it.

singstar doesnt appeal to me at all, im looking forward to guitar hero but, im probably going to get it for wii since it will be cheaper.

but seriously the possibilites are endless with that boardand its' far superior to the nes one. i really hope developers take advantage of it.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Celb said:
Gballzack said:
Sony was probably the only one who took the event seriously

LMAO

yahh that explains it.

Honestly, since last year everyone basically boycotted E3 almost out of existence and with Sony the only one this year needing good press, it would kind of make sense they're the only one who actually cared about or tried at the event.

Around the Network

LOL

This thread is full of unlimited awesome.

E3 sure brings out the b*tch in everyone

Let's dance!

ckmlb said:

They did say it was pre-alpha. We saw a tiny level too.

They can call it what they want but when a game is playable with polished textures, physics, and graphics, I have a hard time calling it "pre-alpha". Sounds like they're blowing their own horn on this one to imply that the game is somehow going to improve graphically many times over when we know that's not going to be the case.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

They've been working on it for awhile and are definitely pouring a lot of resources into it. They're working so hard to try to prove the PS3 is superior to the 360 that they're really missing the point. If it's so superior why does it take a massive effort to show it? 135+ man team working years to make something that will in all likelyhood look slightly better than what's on the 360? And that's not even a given considering it's coming out next year and we have no idea what improvements games on the 360 will have by then (EA has their franchises now running at 60fps on the 360, who knows what they can now do if they reduced it down to 30fps and used the extra resources for other things).

Possum5454 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:
1.nintendo (just for the wii balance board)
2.sony
3.MS

really? you think the balance board is better than NCsoft going exclusive to Playstation, InFamous, Haze and UT3 exclusive through the holidays, PSP redesign and a crazy bundle of PSP lite, Daxter, Family guy and 1gb mem stick for $199.99, exclusive star wars battlefront PSP game, Killzone 2 kicking booty with a pre alpha build, Home integration on PC (booting directly into games with friends from home demonstrated) Singstar/myspace page for Singstar PS3. UT3 having mods and sony embracing it etc.

interesting how a concept that existed on the original NES beats what sony showed, but to each his own.

well im not a big fan of mmo games or fps.

ratchet and clank looked cool but there was nothing there that really amde me say wow, i mean the graphics for mgs4 and killzone were very good yes but they just didnt do it for me.

homes pretty cool though i really like the direction they're taking with it.

singstar doesnt appeal to me at all, im looking forward to guitar hero but, im probably going to get it for wii since it will be cheaper.

but seriously the possibilites are endless with that boardand its' far superior to the nes one. i really hope developers take advantage of it.

fair enough, just two different types of gamers you and I if those graphics did nothing for you then i can understand why you are excited for the wii board , sorry, its just hard gauging peoples opinions(other than the usual suspects here) but it seems youre tastes fit right in line wiht what Nintendo showed so i dont see how anyone could argue with ya.

Sony's was most flash and pizzaz, Nintendo's was most interesting to me, and MS was nothing new.

So....

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. MS

Nintendo's overwhelming video's of people playing made Sony 1st.