By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

all three were below par. but if i had to pick a winner among the 3
1. Tie Sony(PSN Games, UT/Haze Exclusives/Infamous/NC Soft Deal) / Nintendo (FPS Zapper, Online Play, Wii Kart, Wii Wheel, Wii Board + Wii Fit)
3. Microsoft (No major announcement, the lollipops were not funny)

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:
1.nintendo (just for the wii balance board)
2.sony
3.MS

really? you think the balance board is better than NCsoft going exclusive to Playstation, InFamous, Haze and UT3 exclusive through the holidays, PSP redesign and a crazy bundle of PSP lite, Daxter, Family guy and 1gb mem stick for $199.99, exclusive star wars battlefront PSP game, Killzone 2 kicking booty with a pre alpha build, Home integration on PC (booting directly into games with friends from home demonstrated) Singstar/myspace page for Singstar PS3. UT3 having mods and sony embracing it etc.

interesting how a concept that existed on the original NES beats what sony showed, but to each his own.

Its his opinion you know, he might not like shooters or even know who NCsoft is. Might hate portables and could give a rats ass about family guy. Mods my be completely foreign to him. Please realize different people like different things. Your opinion is not definitive in an way shape or fashion. He likes what he likes, and he owes you no explanation the same way you dont owe him one for liking what you like.

IMO they went like this:

Sony

Nintendo

MS

A ton of the stuff Sony showed for PS3 didnt really excite me one bit. But MGS4 did. Only one game yeah, but their PSP lineup was what I liked. Nintendo lost IMO because they showed some great stuff but ignored DS, Although Mario Kart online Galaxy looking amazing and 32 player MoH kinda makes me salivate. Had they announced their DS games at their conference instead of afterwards (HELLO THERE ADVANCE WARS 2 AND MARIO PARTY DS YAY!) I may have placed them even with Sony, but they didnt. They spent a ton of time on Youtube montages and sales charts that Im personally all to familiar with anyway.

MS did well also but hampered themselves by sticking to the 2007 lineup. Basically we got mega announcements out of Sony and Nintendo. Online 12 player Mario Kart early next year is insane and came out of nowhere. inFamous looked fantastic and was a total out of nowhere surprise. MS showed good looking stuff but no shockers at all unless Disney movies and Scene it gets you hot. Thats why they bring up the rear.

Lastly I was surprised to see Sony not even try a little to court that casual audience. As ridiculous as Scene it and Disney movies are, hell its an attempt. Sony doesnt seem to be interested. But I think the market is going to adopt more casual gamers whether they prepare themselves for it or not. 

Xyrax said:
steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:
2.sony
3.MS

really? you think the balance board is better than NCsoft going exclusive to Playstation, InFamous, Haze and UT3 exclusive through the holidays, PSP redesign and a crazy bundle of PSP lite, Daxter, Family guy and 1gb mem stick for $199.99, exclusive star wars battlefront PSP game, Killzone 2 kicking booty with a pre alpha build, Home integration on PC (booting directly into games with friends from home demonstrated) Singstar/myspace page for Singstar PS3. UT3 having mods and sony embracing it etc.

interesting how a concept that existed on the original NES beats what sony showed, but to each his own.

Its his opinion you know, he might not like shooters or even know who NCsoft is. Might hate portables and could give a rats ass about family guy. Mods my be completely foreign to him. Please realize different people like different things. Your opinion is not definitive in an way shape or fashion. He likes what he likes, and he owes you no explanation the same way you dont owe him one for liking what you like.

IMO they went like this:

Sony

Nintendo

MS

A ton of the stuff Sony showed for PS3 didnt really excite me one bit. But MGS4 did. Only one game yeah, but their PSP lineup was what I liked. Nintendo lost IMO because they showed some great stuff but ignored DS, Although Mario Kart online Galaxy looking amazing and 32 player MoH kinda makes me salivate. Had they announced their DS games at their conference instead of afterwards (HELLO THERE ADVANCE WARS 2 AND MARIO PARTY DS YAY!) I may have placed them even with Sony, but they didnt. They spent a ton of time on Youtube montages and sales charts that Im personally all to familiar with anyway.

MS did well also but hampered themselves by sticking to the 2007 lineup. Basically we got mega announcements out of Sony and Nintendo. Online 12 player Mario Kart early next year is insane and came out of nowhere. inFamous looked fantastic and was a total out of nowhere surprise. MS showed good looking stuff but no shockers at all unless Disney movies and Scene it gets you hot. Thats why they bring up the rear.

Lastly I was surprised to see Sony not even try a little to court that casual audience. As ridiculous as Scene it and Disney movies are, hell its an attempt. Sony doesnt seem to be interested. But I think the market is going to adopt more casual gamers whether they prepare themselves for it or not.

stfu and read my whole post before you start quoting me and getting condescending.

rocketpig said:
Gballzack said:
LET THE BATTLE OF PRE-ALPHA, ALPHA and BETA SEMANTICS BEGIN!!!

Heheh, exactly. Go ahead Steve, it's a pre-alpha. I really don't care enough to argue about it. There are plenty of other things to discuss.

you cared enough to call out my post saying it so i simply responded, take care.

Xyrax said:
steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:
2.sony
3.MS

From before you tried to teach me a lesson:

steverhcp02 said:
Possum5454 said:

well im not a big fan of mmo games or fps.

ratchet and clank looked cool but there was nothing there that really amde me say wow, i mean the graphics for mgs4 and killzone were very good yes but they just didnt do it for me.

homes pretty cool though i really like the direction they're taking with it.

singstar doesnt appeal to me at all, im looking forward to guitar hero but, im probably going to get it for wii since it will be cheaper.

but seriously the possibilites are endless with that boardand its' far superior to the nes one. i really hope developers take advantage of it.

fair enough, just two different types of gamers you and I if those graphics did nothing for you then i can understand why you are excited for the wii board , sorry, its just hard gauging peoples opinions(other than the usual suspects here) but it seems youre tastes fit right in line wiht what Nintendo showed so i dont see how anyone could argue with ya.

but thanks for the lesson on opinions. You should maybe look into a foot in mouth lesson sometime soon.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
rocketpig said:
Gballzack said:
LET THE BATTLE OF PRE-ALPHA, ALPHA and BETA SEMANTICS BEGIN!!!

Heheh, exactly. Go ahead Steve, it's a pre-alpha. I really don't care enough to argue about it. There are plenty of other things to discuss.

you cared enough to call out my post saying it so i simply responded, take care.

Well accprding to the killzone developers, it is a pre PRE alpha not a pre alpha.

mM

For us gamers (~3% of Earth's population):

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft

For the rest of the world:

Nintendo
Nintendo
Nintendo

GF said:

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft

Nintendo
Nintendo
Nintendo

Way to cover! well done.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
GF said:

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft

Nintendo
Nintendo
Nintendo

Way to cover! well done.

Just like all the people before me who has divided the winners between the hardcore and the casual gamers, but in a more original way I think. :) I'm still waiting on any of your sales predictions for the PS3 after the price cut and OMgDz WinNiNG E3! H0Ly CrAP! ;)

They were all underwhelming. (I have yet to watch any videos, though.) Here's my quick take on everything:

3. MS was the biggest snore. No price drop? You have got to be kidding me. Though one a couple weeks later will allow the news to not be drowned out by all the noise from the show. And I don't think Scene It will entice casual gamers to the 360. They should really bring that game to the Wii since it already has the proper controllers.

2. Moving right along to Nintendo, at least there was a surprise. WTF with the Wii Balance Board? It's definitely unique, but how many different controllers and attachments are there going to be for the system? Nintendo's bringing out their own wheel shell for Mario Kart Wii in 1st Q 2008. Oh and the Wii Zapper looks like crap. C-R-A-P! All in all, everything promised for this year is coming out, plus a few extras that won't excite too many. Then again, they can't even make enough system to satisfy current demand. So why do anything to drive it even higher? ;)

1. Sony probably had the best presentation by default. They got to announce the somewhat slimmer, lighter, yet it looks almost exactly the same, PSP. Not that it's a bad thing. A faster UMD Drive and longer battery life make this a PSP 1.1. And it's a decent price -- $200 with Daxter, Family Guy UMD, and 1 GB Mem. Stick. They pushed forward with their games, announced a few timed exclusives, and didn't really f&^% anything up. Which is a lot better than last year.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer