By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

1. Sony

2. Microsoft

3. Nintendo 

Around the Network

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

Your assesments are well made.  I can't wait to see what all this balance board is capable of.

To me, both Sony and Nintendo won this. Different audiencies, but both very exciting. I lean more on Nin, but that's totally personal taste. I'm just not very much into action stuff (shoot, slice, blow, race...).

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I didn't really find any of them impressive. You may count that as a Sony/Microsoft victory if you want, as all things being equal I would definitely be more excited by the Nintendo stuff. =P

I just hope there's still stuff they haven't showed us yet. Last year they did stuff like announce SSBB after the main event, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Around the Network

I wasn't really impressed by anybody, by MS's showing was definitely the worst. Bad timing, too. Halo 3 can't come quickly enough.

1) Sony
2) Shared Nintendo / Microsoft

Of the two runners up Microsoft had the most impressive titles, but nothing we hadn't seen before except for some IMO not really impressive Viva Pinata minigames and IMO with the most impressive title shown Assassin's Creed which is a multi-platform title shared with the PS3. Nintendo showed Wii Fit which may not appeal to everyone, but I liked it, it seems like a modern version of the Amiga joyboard from 1982.

Killzone is awesome!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

Nintendo played it cool and low. Sony went all out to make the PS3 look beautiful and they did.

Overall, not really impressed by anything. No earth-shaking ground-breaking surprises whatsover. I rate the E3 conferences overall a C-. As predicted, this year is pretty much blah. Even the PSP redesign was kind of glossed over, though it addressed the main flaws -- it's smaller, longer battery life, and shorter loading times.

We'll see if the hand-on from the showroom floors and back-room demos bring up anything exciting.

Nintendo

didn't watch the microsoft one, watched the sony one.

Reason: WiiFit.
Why not Sony? Home a huge disappointment.

I won't ever play any FPS games, so if you think i'm biased, I very well am.

On earlier threads, I said I wasn't impressed by the Wii board. And after watching the Sony presentation, I'd say Sony had it wrapped up. But that's when I missed the 30 minutes for the Wii Board presentation. Now that I've caught up with the video, I like it a lot more.

My god, the Wii Board is gonna be the best selling peripheral ever.

the Wii is an epidemic.