By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

ok don't get me wrong sony was good but the 2 guys that were presenting were boring as hell. I don't know if I have ever heard jokes that bad before (the whole wookie and home jokes wtf was that all about). This is supposed to be a press conference Ive been reading these forums for a wile now and Ive read that sony's audience is early teens threw people in the late 20s who are core gamers how many core gamers do you know that listen to a guy who's balding and most likely in his mid 40s tell me why would you go to sum one like that for video game advice? How is that supposed to appeal to the core audience? I view E3 as a way that companies appeal to the mass core crowd (if thats who your trying to sell your product too that is) I just feel sony might want to start looking for some new to present there products.

If it wasn't for the presentation being lame(not the product, the presentation)and feeling that the presenters were odd I would rate sony #1 but Im going to have to
give Nintendo #1.

1. Nintendo
2. Sony
3. Microsoft

(sorry if your balding nothing personal but this generation is caut up on looks) 

Around the Network

I think Sony had the most to prove and did well. They are criticized for not having much software right now so they wanted to showcase what they had. How many of these titles will make it out this year remains to be seen. Still by next year it will make more sense to get a PS3 as games, games, games seem to be it's main philosophy. Little Big Planet and MGS4 stood out for me. Home is interesting but doesn't really add anything to gameplay so I'm not too sure of it yet.

Nintendo's conference always has the least style compared to the other guys. Also Nintendo tends to be more secetive about their projects so I was let down with their showings. Many of these games I saw at the last E3 but it's nice to see that they are further along. The Wii balance board is a winner and will expand Nintendo's reach into untapped markets. It will probably make the Wii an even more sought after prize. I imagine the Wii will take the 2008 crown.

I didn't see the Microsoft conference so I have no oppinion about it.

donovan517 - I view the E3 Press Conference to be appealling to the press - who then give the information to the consumer, without the need of the balding-man.

1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

but all were pretty much yawn.

1.Sony
2.Nintnedo
3.M$

mM
Around the Network

I was dissapointed that Nintendo didn't announce much.

Anyways,
1. Sony
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

How the mainstream media reacts to E3 will set the stage for the momentum of each system. I'm not sure they will pick up stories on how many games the PS3 has coming for it but the Wii balance board is a legitimate story. Yoga poses ftw.

wonder why Sony wasn't willing to show anyone playing any of their games?

1. Sony
2. nintendo
3. microscope

Samuel - what about the millions of people that watch G4 and the live broadcasts on the internet they also see the presentation from the companies as well and they also remember things for example I'm not going to forget how they made fun of Regie and his weight lol the funny things people usually remember the dumb stuff people forget . for example when a consumer goes to say target they see nintendos scale most likely there going to remember regie and his "muscle weighs more then fat"comment. when they remember this there going to think back to what they also saw on nintendos presention of the scale and remember the soccer game and that 39 other games that come with the product.