By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

If you ask me no one really had a great conference. They were all kind of off. I think it may be the new format.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Didn't Konami's President say something about not thinking the PS3 will move enough copies of MGS4 in an interview somewhere, like on one of those video game shows?

steverhcp02 said:

Killzone 2 kicking booty with a pre alpha build

Let's not get quite so far ahead of ourselves here. Pre-alpha build? Uh, no. They were showing gameplay and good-looking gameplay at that. Pre-alpha means absolutely nothing is finalized and they're still working on the engine, physics, etc.

That's obviously not the case with this game.

It did look mighty fine, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

1.Sony
2.Nintendo
3.Microsoft

I don't get you guys talking about Nintendo wins the press confrence if you are a casual gamer? 1st of all most "casual gamers" do not give a shit about E3 . Obviously if you are a Nintendo fan Nintendo's releases are what you are looking for. I was hoping for more mature themed games not all about the same ol same ol . Wii fit looked intresting.

Looking at an objective view Sony nailed it mostly the Price and lack of games were issues and those issues were addressed with Vigor. Added to the fact they showcased Home looks like Live will have a Rival. Also was impressed with NCsoft deal (Played City of Heroes Lineage and Guild Wars liked them all)

As for Microsoft if you bought a 360 for Halo you made a Great choice but for the time after that Microsoft doesnt look like they have much of a plan.

rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

Let's not get quite so far ahead of ourselves here. Pre-alpha build? Uh, no. They were showing gameplay and good-looking gameplay at that. Pre-alpha means absolutely nothing is finalized and they're still working on the engine, physics, etc.

Im sure ill get called gullible, but ill take it straight from the Dev's mouth over messageboard folk, thanks. And they can show playable parts of games in pre alpha, it just means the entire game isnt yet ready or ready to be tested throughly from start to finish, i believe...they have already said 1/2 of the animations arent final and the physics arent done either as far as animations and textures go too....

Never have i heard pre alpha games are (unplayable) it is just a term used for progress of a title so it entirely possible for what we saw to be pre alpha, imo. 

Around the Network

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, in that order. But whatever, they were all pretty much boring.

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh

Sony was probably the only one who took the event seriously

rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

They did say it was pre-alpha. We saw a tiny level too.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
wonder why Sony wasn't willing to show anyone playing any of their games?

Because they're all fake. It's all CG ;)

Obviously. A pretty poor E3 from all perspectives. With Sony doing worse and worse I wonder if this conference will even help them?

Yeah they're doing worse and worse... I think it's over for Sony, time to get out of the video game business.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

rocketpig said:
steverhcp02 said:

Game is obviously somewhere between alpha & beta.

Alpha is simply "engine" and "proof of concept". Its playable, that is always a sign that alpha is reached.

Also - how long have they been working on this baby? 3 years? If it is truly still pre-alpha, then the game won't be released until 2010.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099