By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So come on then - who had the best conference??

From the sight of many Japanese gaming users kept awake until now (of cource all night long...)

1. Nintendo : They showed amazing tools! And they showed concrete software release date!

2. Sony : What's interesting is only new PSP... others are very boring and sleepy.

3. MS : Nothing is interesting and new... 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

Sony won in the minds of the hardcore gamer only.

Nintendo dominated E3 in a casual perspective.

MS.....uh...i guess it was ok.

In reality there is no winner, it's all a matter of opinion also. I think Nintendo was the most interesting, Sony showed nothing new really, neither did MS, neither did Nintendo. Most of them talked about what was already coming. I think at E for All there will be a bigger emphasis.

I wouldn't be so presumputuous to say Nintendo won anything. Sony put on the best show, and even then the whole affair seemed lack luster.

I tend to agree with everyone here, which is really saying something, because there's lots of disagreement. Let me explain.

I think Sony put on the best show. This is a hardcore-oriented show, and thus, Sony's hardcore-oriented games were the right thing to do here.

On the other hand, I still think Nintendo's direction (as shown at this conference) will lend it the most success, and that Sony and Microsoft will continue to lose gobs of money in their apparently unabated chase for hardcore gamers.

Simple example: I bet IGN-type sites will say that Sony had the best show. It's a site for hardcore gamers. However, I just turned on CNBC, where they had a little blip about the show, and they said almost nothing about either Sony or Microsoft. And why would they? To non-gamers, it's just more shooting and slicing and car racing, only now with even better graphics.

The only thing they focused on was the Wii Fit board. That's it, that's all they were interested in. And frankly, I think that represents the way most people would think -- if most people watched Gamer shows. Sony put on the right show for the right audience; Nintendo may have the games of the future, but this wasn't a show for those types of people. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Hmmmm. I didn't see Sony's so I wont judge.

I think Microsoft won becuase while Nintendo's and Microsoft's conferences were basiclly the same(game demos mostly) Microsoft went more indepth with them.

Scene it is still a stupid game if they wish to nap the non-gamer audience.

EDIT:Gballzack, I DO NOT what to see the rest of your avatar. Can you please get some better avatars.

Around the Network

they were all lame......... i think every one was crappy especially MS

microsoft was the worst i expected better..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Confined to the presentations, Sony was the best. In the larger scheme, though, I think Nintendo was the winner as neither Sony nor MS did much to overcome their problems (this year, anyway).

MS still has time to do a price drop, but the can't wait too long. There's still a legion of PS2 fans out there without new games and looking to get into the fray. So long as the 360 and PS3 look comparable, the bulk of them will likely go PS3. MS needs to convince them to switch consoles, and that'll take a 1-2 punch of both the games AND a cheaper console.

Nintendo rocked the place. Bee and Boo Marios look awesome. Wii Fit should be a ton of fun. Mario Kart... Yummy, I LOVE battle mode. A SSBB, I'm so tickled we got a date for you.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Yea really Gballzack c'mon, you are kinda over the edge with the avatars aren't yea. I am actually surprised though, anyone else been to Kotaku? They declared Nintendo the winner of the press conferences based on the amount of clicks for the video feed.

Sony's press conference was the most misleading. Obviously most people are falling for it. Seriously, what did they actually announce? One new exclusive, that's it. Did they give release dates for said exclusives? No. It is probably a title for late 2009 and what we saw was probably a CG video for InFAMOUS. It's probably barely even begun production yet. Not saying that game won't live up to some awesome hype, just that it ain't coming out for ages. I think Sony has literally given us the names of every title they have in development so far.

Microsoft sucked ass by far the most. They have been out longer than everyone else and has the largest installed base, they should have had something to announce.

Nintendo seems like the odd one here because we all know damn well they have lots of other games to show, but they didn't. We haven't seen anything about Disaster or Project HAMMER, not much on Smash Bros. They could have done better for the hardcore easily, but they chose not to. Maybe they aren't taking E3 as seriously. Who knows.