By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will continue wiining streak over X360

Very funny title, though Rock_on you really gotta let go of the fanboyism and acknowledge that the Wii does exist and it's going to put a bit of a wrench into your gaming world unless you realize that more and more games are going to be Wii exclusives and there will be games you want to play. It's like Gamecube and Xbox fans last gen eventually accepted PS2 was the dominate console and had to get one to get the most out of gaming, Wii doesn't have to be your favorite console just at least accept it exists lol.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
It will last one more week..........

1st.... Theres shortages of 360's in japan

2nd... The impending 360 price cut in usa

Enjoy it while you can

360 will keep an overall lead over ps3 until the next xbox launches in 2011

After the new xbox launches its........ GOODNIGHT SONY

I dont understand you....

I read your sig, and all that jazz about you not liking Sony. I even went and did what you asked in the Sig. I fail to find why you hate them so much. The post that you made above is poposterous and I feel it is obviously driven by Sony hatred. Please, could you tell me why you hate them so much?

Because your reasoning alludes me...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
DRock067 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Darn it I misspelled winning lol. Such is life and PS3 looks like it will be unstoppable in regards to X360 not being able to match it in weekly console sales. 80GB and 160GB will boost PS3 hardware sales, combined with HOME out soon and a truckload of PS3 exclusive games on the way.

PS3 is going to smash X360 in console sales.

What exlusives does Sony have coming out?

Resistance 2- for the hardcore Shooter fans (Resistance will be the big one)

Little Big Planet- For everyone (It's yet to be seen if this matters past the current PS3 owners)

Socom-Confrontations-for the stratagy shooter ppl (eh... socom has a large userbase, but really Resistance may eat at it some)

Valkyria Chronicles-for the JRPG enthusiests (A Sega game so take this with a grain of salt)

SingStar Vol.2- for casuals (you mean for Europeans? The series doesn't do very well in the US)

Disgaea - for SRPG fans (low key game)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm- for all the narutards (Can they hold their own against Ubisoft Montreal? We'll see how it compairs to it's competitor on the 360)

MotorStorm PR-racing heads (Dirt is a better game than the first Motostorm was perhaps this will improve drasticly on the series)

Buzz-Casual gamers (not a factor)

and a few others I cannot remember...

I really think Resistance is the big release and pretty much everything else is ify.  MotoStorm does have a big following, but can it hold it's own when other big titles are out?  I'd put Socom and Naruto as likely to follow in numbers behind MotoStorm, but really I'm going to say that Resistance is the big game.

CGI-Quality said:
DRock067 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Darn it I misspelled winning lol. Such is life and PS3 looks like it will be unstoppable in regards to X360 not being able to match it in weekly console sales. 80GB and 160GB will boost PS3 hardware sales, combined with HOME out soon and a truckload of PS3 exclusive games on the way.

What exclusives - are you kidding me?

What exclusives that matter?  Resistance 2, Motostorm, LBP and that's pretty much it... with Socom and Naruto possibilities, but with some pretty big titles comming down at the same time... I don't think they will shine as much as they could have.

CGI-Quality said:
Cueil said:
CGI-Quality said:
DRock067 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

What exclusives - are you kidding me?

What exclusives that matter?  Resistance 2, Motostorm, LBP and that's pretty much it... with Socom and Naruto possibilities, but with some pretty big titles comming down at the same time... I don't think they will shine as much as they could have.

As far as when, the end of 08, or that and beyond because as far as Im concerned they have THE best exclusive line-up PERIOD.

And no it's not because I support Sony it's just take a look at the variety the 360 IMO has nothing on that except their party support and even that doesn't touch Sony's OWN (not 3rd party) line-up.

What game sold more PS3's...hmm.. a first party title?  NO... a 3rd party title... MGS4 sold almost enough PS3s to take on the Wii that month.  The only showing that was more impressive was the Halo 3 numbers.  You shouldn't play down third party support when your system's biggest first party system seller is God of War 3 and that over a year off.  That being said this certainly has been a good year for PS3 owners in terms of games and more people to play with online, but I'm still waiting for some 3rd party company to get the balls up to do a crossplatform online game where you are part of two warring factions... PS3 owners and 360 owners... that would be awsome!

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Lolcislaw said:
It doesn't matter because Wii kicks PS3's ass.

In my world I do not even acknowledge the existence of the Wii. To me it is PS3 Vs X360 console war.

Ummmm...  But buying a Wii for $250 is $250 less to buy a PS3 for those who are choosing between the two.  This stuff happpens ya know?

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Ronster316 said:
It will last one more week..........

1st.... Theres shortages of 360's in japan

2nd... The impending 360 price cut in usa

Enjoy it while you can

360 will keep an overall lead over ps3 until the next xbox launches in 2011

After the new xbox launches its........ GOODNIGHT SONY

Hurting Sega fan? fail. The PS3 will have more units sold than the 360 by Q3 '09.

I agree with the prediction, PS3 will sell more consoles but 360 will get more and higher quality games (especially JRPG).

Auron said:
I agree with the prediction, PS3 will sell more consoles but 360 will get more and higher quality games (especially JRPG).

Oh?  Higher quality JRPGs? Where? That's right...nowhere

Cueil said:
Auron said:

Oh?  Higher quality JRPGs? Where? That's right...nowhere

Only three this gen. ToV, LO, possibly SO4. I'll get IU when I can, but that's a horrible story+too much characters.