By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will continue wiining streak over X360

if the ps3 gets a price cut in europe it would smash the 360 in europe by a mile

Around the Network

outsell it every week? Nah i am sure they will get a handfull of weeks here and there, but few. Pas it by the end of the year? not a chance but I think cutting the 360 lead to around 3 mil is very likely. With all that said I am not cinvinced the price cut will be a major long term factor. We already saw how the july "Price cut" turned out, and I really don't think the Arcade at 199 is going to be all that big of a deal. As far as the holidays go the 360 lineup is not as good as last years and the PS3's is better, and we all know how last holiday season turned outI think both PS3 and 360 fanboys need to get seriously grounded from some of the posts i see in this thread.

How are they going to cut the lead down 2 million consoles when there is a big price cut comming... it seems very very likely....

PS3 will be outsold every now and then when the 360 releases a huge title...

299 and more High quality exclusives........ with this SONY would dominate.... but it's not happenning anytime soon..... the price part anyway.....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I think the XBOX360 price cuts will bump sales up over PS3 for at least a week, maybe a month.

I can see PS3 winning long term though because of Blu-Ray (which is why half the user base bought the damn thing in the first place, say what you want about Wii catering to casual gamers, but Sony is catering to NON-gamers)

It probably will overtake it but it will be much later on, Maybe about May 2010.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

ps3 will outsell 360 (total) for the remainder of the year, thats a no brainer, but it will be outsold by it for at least some weeks.

It will last one more week..........

1st.... Theres shortages of 360's in japan

2nd... The impending 360 price cut in usa

Enjoy it while you can

360 will keep an overall lead over ps3 until the next xbox launches in 2011

After the new xbox launches its........ GOODNIGHT SONY

I liked the thread. Specially the title... WIIning... It really remembered something... lol

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

DRock067 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Darn it I misspelled winning lol. Such is life and PS3 looks like it will be unstoppable in regards to X360 not being able to match it in weekly console sales. 80GB and 160GB will boost PS3 hardware sales, combined with HOME out soon and a truckload of PS3 exclusive games on the way.

PS3 is going to smash X360 in console sales.

What exlusives does Sony have coming out?

Resistance 2- for the hardcore Shooter fans

Little Big Planet- For everyone

Socom-Confrontations-for the stratagy shooter ppl

Valkyria Chronicles-for the JRPG enthusiests

SingStar Vol.2- for casuals

Disgaea - for SRPG fans

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm- for all the narutards

MotorStorm PR-racing heads

Buzz-Casual gamers

and a few others I cannot remember...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)