By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Here it is Folks! Why FFVII is one of the BEST GAMES EVAA!!!

I absolutely love the Materia system in this game

Around the Network

well, the thread title is right, it is one of the best games evaa.
Definitely in the top 1000000 somewhere.
as for criticisms of FFVII, i agree with most of the above posts.
i prefer FFIX though so what do i know.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I never played the game in my life!! I need this game ASAP!

Thanks for the clarification on why FFVII is the best game eva!!!

Kasz216 said:
StanGable said:
Something that everyone has neglected to point out about Cloud (the so called main character of FF7) is that somehow, without any explanation whatsover, he went from a regular military guy that couldn't do shit, to a badass in similar strength to Zack (if that's Aeris' former b/f's name, can't fully recall) and Sephiroth when they were both in their prime as members of Soldier.

I guess the theme is anything you can do I can do better???!!!??? Cuz Cloud is definitely the best one at it since he just said he would be like them and next day he was no longer afraid of anything and would kick ass back and forth. Go figure!

Oh... that one was because he was injected with the Jenova cells.

As was Zack and ever other member Soldier. It still makes little sense honestly.

Garcian Smith said:
NiKKoM said:
So why are we wasting time on forevercloud3000?? He is one of the biggest fanboys on this site.. of Final Fantasy & the PS3.. He even compared FFvii with Star Wars and Star Trek (and Buffy) as a cultural phenomenon in another thread.. We can't argue with him.. he doesn't listen..

He's not even an entertaining fanboy like CrazzyMan; he's just an all-around terrible poster who thinks he's some sort of forum superstar.

WOW NikkoM, again? You keep coming back to my threads why? You say you don't like them yet you constantly return to either bash me or flambait my threads. Garcian, I barely know you, what calls for such hatred, i do not know.

First off, I was loosely joking with the "Star Wars" thing (in a manner of speaking). FFVII is no where near as well known. Yet that does not change the fact it has decent percentage of popularity. Enough to make it Pop Culture.

I dont see the issue with this(or my previous ones) you guys find. I started this thread for a little discussion on how I think FFVII is the best game evaa(at least RPG wise). I also stated at the bottom of my post  that I wanted people to say if they don't like it or think a different one is better than give details. Thats it. I am not dismissing anyone's OPINION I am simply arguing theirs as they argue mines. Is there something wrong with that?

People like you two are SAD! Constantly trolling other people's threads just to try and point out every tiny flaw. O look I spelled something wrong, BURN HIM! That I must say is retarded. If you don't like the topics I start, why even show up?

And if anyone has a fat head it is you too, constantly showing up with this holier than thou attitude. I never claim to be anything other than me, I am a bit fanboyish but isn't everyone. Fonboyishness, at least mines, stems from an adoring love for a product that I have ran through the gauntlet and it has survived. It is in no way blind love, It has been very well earned. Yet I am not afraid to point out their flaws.

In Closing: if you are not going to add anything to the discussion, STAY OUT PLEASE! There is no need for you here...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Garcian Smith said:
I'm not going to waste time writing an essay in response to that original post, so I'll just respond point by point:

1) FFVII didn't revolutionize the way that video game stories were told. It simply copied and popularized the formula from the Lunar games (released years earlier on the Sega CD). In addition, the invention of the cutscene-heavy game is the worst thing to happen to video game stories since the FMV game.

2) One-dimensional characters do not a good story make. Go play Planescape: Torment or KotOR 2 if you want to see good characterization in a game. Or, hell, read a good book.

3) If you're going to keep making these long, verbose threads, then please please PLEASE learn how to write at some level above that of a 13-year-old.

Played Lunar,Hated Lunar, Sega CD a joke. And all the previous RPG big hitters such as FF1-6 and DQ or whatever you can throw at me all paled in comparison as far as disernable characters go. And the FMV/ Cutscene heavy games are still very much liked by many. I personally see Cutscenes as a reward for getting so so far in a game. Eye candy is very much so appreciated

One dimensional? WhateEVER dood. The characters were so awsome. You want one demensional? Play Legend of Dragoon. Played the Kotors and they are good and all but they dont hold that sense of attachement that FFVII's characters do. Never played Planescape but I doubt it can rival a FF game, obviously as I have never heard of it before. You cant expect someone to know every single RPG that ever comes out either.

I read..........alot. I love to see characters develop over time and become stronger with their opinions of life.

Lastly, I dont know where ur hostility comes from but I will suffer your hatred. If you dont like my threads then why even show up at the party? Ppl from the last thread I made asked for this one so....

PS: This is the interweb, learn to speak the lingo. PPl are not going to proofread everything they type especially if they are multitasking chores as I am doing right now.

You've never even heard of Planescape : Torment and you claim to be an RPG expert? Real RPGs started on the PC (aside from the original dice-board ones). You are a huge fail, my friend.

Darc Requiem said:
Kasz216 said:
StanGable said:
Something that everyone has neglected to point out about Cloud (the so called main character of FF7) is that somehow, without any explanation whatsover, he went from a regular military guy that couldn't do shit, to a badass in similar strength to Zack (if that's Aeris' former b/f's name, can't fully recall) and Sephiroth when they were both in their prime as members of Soldier.

I guess the theme is anything you can do I can do better???!!!??? Cuz Cloud is definitely the best one at it since he just said he would be like them and next day he was no longer afraid of anything and would kick ass back and forth. Go figure!

Oh... that one was because he was injected with the Jenova cells.

As was Zack and ever other member Soldier. It still makes little sense honestly.

Zack was physically stronger than Cloud and pretty much everyone else other than Sephiroth. What the story of FFVII is trying to portray is that that strength derived from Zack's confidence. Zack lost that Confidence while facing Sephiroth, he was his mentor and friend. Cloud had to face him himself as he was now overwhelmed with rage and fury (Seph hit Tifa). He obtained the confidence to face Sephiroth and wounded him badly.

The seens of Cloud vs Sephiroth in the flashbacks are also metaphors for the struggle between JENOVA and the PLANET. Jenova is a parisite that feeds off of the living. The Planet, even while weakened, will defend itself from a much greater force.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

"First off FFVII revolutionized how a story should be told."

We're done. The story and gameplay were both steps backward from the SNES ones.

FFVII revolutionary glitz and marketing in the JRPG, that's it.

forevercloud3000 said:
Garcian Smith said:
NiKKoM said:
So why are we wasting time on forevercloud3000?? He is one of the biggest fanboys on this site.. of Final Fantasy & the PS3.. He even compared FFvii with Star Wars and Star Trek (and Buffy) as a cultural phenomenon in another thread.. We can't argue with him.. he doesn't listen..

He's not even an entertaining fanboy like CrazzyMan; he's just an all-around terrible poster who thinks he's some sort of forum superstar.

WOW NikkoM, again? You keep coming back to my threads why? You say you don't like them yet you constantly return to either bash me or flambait my threads. Garcian, I barely know you, what calls for such hatred, i do not know.

First off, I was loosely joking with the "Star Wars" thing (in a manner of speaking). FFVII is no where near as well known. Yet that does not change the fact it has decent percentage of popularity. Enough to make it Pop Culture.

I dont see the issue with this(or my previous ones) you guys find. I started this thread for a little discussion on how I think FFVII is the best game evaa(at least RPG wise). I also stated at the bottom of my post  that I wanted people to say if they don't like it or think a different one is better than give details. Thats it. I am not dismissing anyone's OPINION I am simply arguing theirs as they argue mines. Is there something wrong with that?

People like you two are SAD! Constantly trolling other people's threads just to try and point out every tiny flaw. O look I spelled something wrong, BURN HIM! That I must say is retarded. If you don't like the topics I start, why even show up?

And if anyone has a fat head it is you too, constantly showing up with this holier than thou attitude. I never claim to be anything other than me, I am a bit fanboyish but isn't everyone. Fonboyishness, at least mines, stems from an adoring love for a product that I have ran through the gauntlet and it has survived. It is in no way blind love, It has been very well earned. Yet I am not afraid to point out their flaws.

In Closing: if you are not going to add anything to the discussion, STAY OUT PLEASE! There is no need for you here...

Ehm because this is a forum where you can discuss things but time after time you have proven not to have the ability to discuss something.. you say something, claims that they are facts and don't listen or ignore other posters.. In mine and Garcian post history you can clearly see that we don't do the bolded.. weren't you banned because you went on calling people idiots.. & some of your threads were closed because of flamebait?? 

and Chrono Trigger, FF4, FF6, Xenogears are better then FF7.. at everything..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Final Fantasy 7 = the greatest game ever made.

It was undisputed till recently but holds the crown alongside MGS4 nowadays.