By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Here it is Folks! Why FFVII is one of the BEST GAMES EVAA!!!

oops !..i also forgot to state that FF9 is much better than ff7

Around the Network

ya even though i rate Ocarina of Time a 10 and FFVII 9.75, I still believe FFVII is the best game ever because of it's story and fun gameplay

StanGable said:
Something that everyone has neglected to point out about Cloud (the so called main character of FF7) is that somehow, without any explanation whatsover, he went from a regular military guy that couldn't do shit, to a badass in similar strength to Zack (if that's Aeris' former b/f's name, can't fully recall) and Sephiroth when they were both in their prime as members of Soldier.

I guess the theme is anything you can do I can do better???!!!??? Cuz Cloud is definitely the best one at it since he just said he would be like them and next day he was no longer afraid of anything and would kick ass back and forth. Go figure!

Oh... that one was because he was injected with the Jenova cells.

FFVI is the best FF because twesterm says so,all of you must obey.

ctk495 said:

FFVI is the best FF because twesterm says so,all of you must obey.

I say the same, the graphics are gorgeous, the story is awesome and the music is incredible.

Around the Network

First off FFVII revolutionized how a story should be told. The characters were the center of the story, something that FFXII strayed away from.  Character development was strong and fleshed out the story to get you to care for every single one of them once you think about what they really mean to the story.

How does it revolutionize how stories should be told? is there only room for one type of story telling. Many books tell stories in a few of ways. Omniscent, character, narrative are you saying that one is better than the other? You seem to be focusing on an upward in regards to characters being the center of the story. I found FF 4 & 6 to be character driven also. Getting Tera in part two is rather an emotional scene.

Cloud: the main character with the spikey hair. Cloud is a tad cold at first and is only about the MONEY! This changes over

Cecils plight personal demons were just as deep if not more so. He has done aweful deeds in his past and must come to terms with his murderous actions. Though I do feel it was done so a little early in the game.

Tifa: the child hood crush of cloud. Who can honestly say that she was not the perfect girl nxt door? She was tough, self

Aeris: the lovable flower girl. Aeris was the perfect girl for Cloud in every way. If you played the game, Cloud's mom always

Sephiroth: the GREATEST VILLIAN EVER! He has so much depth. And how bad ass is a serial killer who is obsessed with his

Jenova: The calamity from the sky, the dark harbinger of doom. Well no one really knows where she came from, its all GAIA: the planet. A planet that lives and breathes, that actually has a soul. When the planet feels threatened it will Barret: the stereotypical black man, who swears every chance he can get. He has a very profound intelligence about him Cid: Only person in the game with a worse potty mouth than barret. In love with his assistant/wife but treats her like dirt

Yuffie: energetic ninja from Wutai. She wants to earn her peoples honor back, andd she will do it by stealing materia from Cait Sith: the spy from Shinra. He is actually cool becuz the entire time i was trying to geuss who he really was. I forget the

Vincent: Vampire like character. Very doom and gloom in personality. He is racked with guilt and inner turmoil do to his love LUCRECIA! Lucrecia is actually the carrier of sephiroth(not his mother). She technically birthed him and it caused her to see visions of the future and the disaster he would bring. Vincent also might technically be Seph's father.

Red XIII: enough said, his names Red XIII! INSTANT COOLNESS FOR THE TALKING LION!

Final Opinion:

I think people now a days have found it to be cool to not like FFVII becuz many feel it has been overly done. It is the few in the series to get sequals, spin offs, etc and the few that are jealous becuz there favorites did not get the same kind of recognition have poisoned the masses into hating this game. FACT: SE would know which one is their most popular by which one sold and continues to sell the most. FACT: FFVII still sells TODAY offline and in niche shops for unreasonable prices but ppl buy them anyway becuz they simply love the game.

First I never thought FF7 was the best even before it was a trend. I thought the first part of FF7 was awesome. The pacing was absolutely perfect in Midgard. I found FF7 came out at the perfect time to pickup a new crown of young gamers and had good marketing. FF7 deserves it's sales.

I've always thought that FF4(2 US) was the best. Why FF4 simple, It's the version I got into first and thus has strongest sentimentality. I could go on about the characters personal trials, broken friendhips, the reaslism of the rotating part...... but it doesn't matter. I found FF4 to just be better, but it doesn't make it the best.

FACT:Final Fantasy is the best selling RPG worldwide, many are duped into believing it is DQ but that is just balarky. Check the comparative sales, DQ SUCKS! The last DQ sold well only becuz their was a FFXII demo in it(yes I am one of the idiots who bought it just for that too, stupid I know).

So anyone who dare say that FFVII is not the best is a tad dilusional.

In my other post I also said it was a Pop Cultural Phenomenon. Becuz it is. The game has touched millions who still revel in its greatness even today (me right now for example) which you just dont see for the other games besides stuff like MARIO and HALO.

FF7 is definetly made it's way into culter. So did DQ. DQ defined a word for heal in Japan. DQ 3(?) was the reason for games being released on weekends. DQ3 also saw an increase in theft for this game. DQ3 made cultural phenomen. More so than FF7. I don't see any new words in the Japanese language for this game. Then again I don't pay that much attentnion.

FF7 is certainly easier to play over DQ however, for they take on different directions for RPGs. FF is designed to be more straight entertaining while DQ holds onto the more hardcore level, equipment grind. You have a preference for FF I respect that.

If you dissagree with my opinion, post it here and give a full detailing post on why you dissagree. Tell me which one is better than it and why you think so....

Hmm so I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU and what I find for personal opinion is lessened because your right? Isn't that a more self centered view of the world. If thats the case I really can't agree with a biased person because your chosing based on personal preference. How about we just enjoy our games.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

you spelled SSBB wrong

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Generic Japanese Anime Villian, check,
Generic Japanese Anime Hero, check,
Generic Japanese Anime love interest, check
Generic Japanese Anime Story, major check,
lifting lots of things from Phantasy Star 2, that's a major check

seriously Ultima 3's story has way more depth than final fantasy 7's just due to the gargoyle thing, and frankly neither sephiroth nor kefka are interesting they're just generic evil villains, making a villain sadistic is pretty easy,
if you want an interesting villain look at scorpio in Dirty Harry, Ozymandias in the Watchmen (this has nothing to do with the movie coming out), Beatty in Fahrenheit 451 or the red queen in Through the looking glass... she can be considered the antagonist.
Interesting villainy doesn't come from brutality or power in is found in other places,
and frankly in terms of brutality neither of them touch kid miracle man (check out Olympus by Alan Moore, if you can), and in terms of power , and the abuse of power none of them touch miracle man (the Golden Age by Neil Gaimen)

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:

seriously Ultima 3's story has way more depth than final fantasy 7's just due to the gargoyle thing, and frankly neither sephiroth nor kefka are interesting they're just generic evil villains, making a villain sadistic is pretty easy,
if you want an interesting villain look at scorpio in Dirty Harry, Ozymandias in the Watchmen (this has nothing to do with the movie coming out), Beatty in Fahrenheit 451 or the red queen in Through the looking glass... she can be considered the antagonist.
Interesting villainy doesn't come from brutality or power in is found in other places,
and frankly in terms of brutality neither of them touch kid miracle man (check out Olympus by Alan Moore, if you can), and in terms of power , and the abuse of power none of them touch miracle man (the Golden Age by Neil Gaimen)

You can say that for 90% of JRPGs

Riachu said:
masschamber said:

You can say that for 90% of JRPGs

yes and that alone would disqualify them from being the best game ever.... except phantasy star 2 that didn't lift anything from phantasy star 2

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!