By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Here it is Folks! Why FFVII is one of the BEST GAMES EVAA!!!

Ah screw i'll do a few to make a point...

Locke: Celes love interest for one. I mean, i could go on... but that's good right? I mean some consider him the main character!

Strago: One of the few who know the secrets of the Espers... a good paralel to Terra. Since he has magical powers naturally too... but can feel.

Cyan: A living reminder of Kefka's Every time he shows up he reminds you how heartless Kefka is.

Shadow: Already explained

Sabin: Edgars brother. He contrasts Edgar... without Sabin, Edgar's character and personality would be lost as simply just an egotystical ladies man. Without Sabin Edgar isn't the same character.

See the theme here? The support characters support the story and it's characters.

Edgar isn't the same without Sabin.

If you get rid of Red XIII who does that effect?

Yuffie, Caith Sith? If you completely removed them from the game.... who do they change?

They are supporting characters who support nothing.

Around the Network

Cait Sith is utterly useless, Yuffie is useful for material leveling though (good double growth weapon).

Neither has an effect on the story.

vdoesntforgive said:
Soriku said:

OK, I like this...

Yuck.

Nomuras take on Zidane is so much worse than the original.

Actually, Dissida Zidane is much closer to the original Amano artwork than the FF9 design.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Amano did the in-game character illustrations for FF9.

On Topic:  I really think FF7 is a good game and I also like FF6 alot too.  I was an FF fan since 4 came out and sometimes I get tired of the elitism that comes from the pre-FF7 fans.  FF9 is still my personal favorite.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Xen said:
Cait Sith is utterly useless, Yuffie is useful for material leveling though (good double growth weapon).

Would Yuffie and Cait Sith benefit from affecting the story?

So why are we wasting time on forevercloud3000?? He is one of the biggest fanboys on this site.. of Final Fantasy & the PS3.. He even compared FFvii with Star Wars and Star Trek (and Buffy) as a cultural phenomenon in another thread.. We can't argue with him.. he doesn't listen..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Xen said:

If a character has no effect on the story, and offers nothing in terms of gameplay you've got to ask "why are they there."

Riachu said:
Xen said:

Why would they get benefits? the ones who could benefit is the story & game.

I posted only to show my opinion and agreement with Kasz.

ROFL! You fanboy you didnt need to start this thread. You have an avatar of cloud and your name has cloud in it. Just stop please.

Xen said:
Soriku said:

@Xen

lol. FF IX > FF VII in every way. Music, characters, battle system, villains, etc. were MUCH better than FF VII.

@WoW

Only if you like bald guys with suits and sunglasses :P They looked like secret agents lol.

Wow, how is the FF IX battle system better? by wating a minute till you character finally does something? Music they are about equal, villains FF IX wins, story FF VII wins, characters, FF VII again...

Agreed about the FFIX battle system. The gauge loads too slow, and it takes a while for the character to perform the move. I didn't like the trance. It would always come up at the worst times, like at the very end of the battle.  I disagree with you about the story though. FFIX's story is better. The black mage part was awesome. It was very interesting. The FFVII story isn't very good, IMO. Characters are about the same. Zidane is better than Cloud though.

NiKKoM said:
So why are we wasting time on forevercloud3000?? He is one of the biggest fanboys on this site.. of Final Fantasy & the PS3.. He even compared FFvii with Star Wars and Star Trek (and Buffy) as a cultural phenomenon in another thread.. We can't argue with him.. he doesn't listen..

He's not even an entertaining fanboy like CrazzyMan; he's just an all-around terrible poster who thinks he's some sort of forum superstar.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom