By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

Square's profits haven't been fantastic lately, and there is no doubt that the game will make much more profit being on the 360 and the PS3, than just the PS3 alone.

I think it would be more fairly assume that Sony didn't pay them at all, rather than Microsoft having bribed them. If Sony didn't pay for exclusivity, then why should Square-Enix give them their biggest game as an exclusive, when they can make much more profit porting it to a console with a larger userbase in the US?

Especially when that new console is notorious for selling 3rd party games very well.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

His answer only makes sense. The Final Fantasy series is very successful over here in NA, and they want to release it on a platform that's very successful. Don't even try mentioning Wii, because you know what I mean.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Where did they deny the bribe? How much did MS pay you for this?

puertoecuanama said:
they didnt deny it.
i highly doubt they didnt. i mean come on microsoft is rich and dey love to use dat money to their advantage.

So does Sony.

axumblade said:
Wasn't this already proven when Square Enix was like "Hey. We wanted to expand the audience" or something? That's probably the only reason there haven't been the same 10 threads on the front page that plagued it a few weeks ago.

What you make sense, but i've seen too many Sony fanboys whom have taken this the wrong way. I'm glad that at least you understand this.

Around the Network

squareenix probably seen combined sales of multiplatform games like cod4, gta4, dmc4 and assassins creed.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

sorry but its hard to believe it

he was payed to say it

Sure they didn't.

i think thats probably the reason so4 is going 360 first
since in the JRPG market japan x360 is owning all consoles, and the wii and DS combined!!

/sarcams.

excuse while i got play wii sports and puke rainbows.