By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

So they didn't deny it.

Around the Network

Amazing how this is going to affect my little consumer brain... >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Lol.. right.... Success huh... yeah I guess they could spin it that way...

Shadowblind said:

Lol, PS3 fanboys are having so hard a time understanding FFXIII is on 360 now...sad.

I don't remember 360 fanboys going ballistic when Bioshock was announced for PS3.

Oh...and check the signiture.

Huh?? You ask why? Ever heard of PC version of Bioshock? Google it and you'd find the answer. Next time try justifying your sig better. You failed doing so this time.

Sony fanboys are so quick to say Microsoft "bribed" for something. At least it is a smart business. I mean, Halo won't get them far in the long run really. So they go find talent. Why can't people just suck it up and realize that Microsoft are doing their own thing just like Nintendo and Sony are doing theirs? (wii mote and blu-ray.)

Around the Network

Isn't it surprising how Sony fans tried to come at the Wii earlier and now they are starting to come at the 360 now? They are super desperate now?

Str8knox said:
Sony fanboys are so quick to say Microsoft "bribed" for something. At least it is a smart business. I mean, Halo won't get them far in the long run really. So they go find talent. Why can't people just suck it up and realize that Microsoft are doing their own thing just like Nintendo and Sony are doing theirs? (wii mote and blu-ray.)

I don't think "Sony Fanboys" real care if the game goes to other systems, but when companies say there was no cash/resources involved it gets people pissed.  We all know MS has cash and loves to spend it, its a great move on their part, just don't bullshit people and sale it was becasue we love the 360 or want to expand our audience.

Jo21 said:
Griffin said:
couchmonkey said:
It could definitely have been Square Enix's own decision...it makes a lot of sense to put the game on both systems, and I've been arguing that third parties will go this direction since about 18 months ago when it became obvious that the HD systems weren't selling that well and the budgets were sky-high.

Then again, it could definitely have been a bribe. Microsoft has piles of money and have openly used it to buy a number of exclusives and timed exclusives like GTA 4 and Rock Band 2.

Actually, looking at my last statement, I guess maybe that's the best reason to think it's not a bribe: Microsoft usually admits it when it's a bribe.

If SE was worried about sales the game would be coming to each system and in each region.  SE is also keeping Star ocean as a 360 exclusive, even though it has a small userbase in Japan, SE's main market. The 360 also has a diminishing market share in the world.  SE is also producing many other JRPG'sexclusive to the 360, either timed or permanent.

exactly.

why to release them exclusive to a the smallest market?

its a shoot in the foot... they could make the multiplatform.

the last star ocean had greater sales in america.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Jo21 said:
Griffin said:
couchmonkey said:
It could definitely have been Square Enix's own decision...it makes a lot of sense to put the game on both systems, and I've been arguing that third parties will go this direction since about 18 months ago when it became obvious that the HD systems weren't selling that well and the budgets were sky-high.

Then again, it could definitely have been a bribe. Microsoft has piles of money and have openly used it to buy a number of exclusives and timed exclusives like GTA 4 and Rock Band 2.

Actually, looking at my last statement, I guess maybe that's the best reason to think it's not a bribe: Microsoft usually admits it when it's a bribe.

If SE was worried about sales the game would be coming to each system and in each region.  SE is also keeping Star ocean as a 360 exclusive, even though it has a small userbase in Japan, SE's main market. The 360 also has a diminishing market share in the world.  SE is also producing many other JRPG'sexclusive to the 360, either timed or permanent.

exactly.

why to release them exclusive to a the smallest market?

its a shoot in the foot... they could make the multiplatform.

the last star ocean had greater sales in america.

But the combined total sales of the Ps3 version would pass the 360 version WW.

Yup they didn't "pay"...I guess they didn't pay for Star Ocean either...They didn't pay. The companies in Japan just like Microsoft more then Sony and Nintendo...It all makes sense.