By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:

And all those JRPGs had to have been bought. Why else is Star Ocean 4 not even coming to the PS3, and the Last Remnant is being delayed on the PS3, while the 360 version is still coming out on time if SE is "platform neutral"?

Sony didn't send the development kits in time, Microsoft did. Thats the explanation I heard.

Money. That's why it's abbreviated M$.

You mean the stuff that Nintendo has in spades and Sony USED to have?

And unless you forgot about inFamous, Motorstorm: PR, GT5, the new Naruto, GOWIII, etc. then yeah, KZ2, Socom, and R2 are EVERY anticipated Sony release.

Most of those games are for teenage boys...

And by no means is this "uncivil"......just kind of pointing out the obvious. The "space marines" type games are the ones the sell and move hardware, the JRPGs don't...at least not on that platform. The only reason M$ even goes for those types of games is to try and "revive" the 360 in Japan, and it's failing, so they need to just stick to NA and EU, where it's at least worth it to try

78 million games sold in the million sellers list are not space marine titles. Also as far as im aware JRPGs have sold better on the Xbox360 than the PS3 so far, since they currently have a compelling JRPG offering then a larger proportion of that market segments going to buy an Xbox360 won't they?

haha omg considering the amount of JRPG that have been released

and not a single one been a quality name. folklore? come on

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:

And all those JRPGs had to have been bought. Why else is Star Ocean 4 not even coming to the PS3, and the Last Remnant is being delayed on the PS3, while the 360 version is still coming out on time if SE is "platform neutral"?

Sony didn't send the development kits in time, Microsoft did. Thats the explanation I heard.

And unless you forgot about inFamous, Motorstorm: PR, GT5, the new Naruto, GOWIII, etc. then yeah, KZ2, Socom, and R2 are EVERY anticipated Sony release.

And by no means is this "uncivil"......just kind of pointing out the obvious. The "space marines" type games are the ones the sell and move hardware, the JRPGs don't...at least not on that platform. The only reason M$ even goes for those types of games is to try and "revive" the 360 in Japan, and it's failing, so they need to just stick to NA and EU, where it's at least worth it to try

78 million games sold in the million sellers list are not space marine titles. Also as far as im aware JRPGs have sold better on the Xbox360 than the PS3 so far, since they currently have a compelling JRPG offering then a larger proportion of that market segments going to buy an Xbox360 won't they?

#1 SE has't even RECEIVED 360 dev kits for FFXIII........so wtf?

#2 Uhhh.....Sony is an electronics and appliances company, so their money is still in "spades" as they are the top hardware manufacturer in the world right now.

#3 No they aren't "space marines" but what types of games ever made 360 sales go up significantly from the previous week? It wasn't the likes of Lost Odyssey. It was Halo, Gears, COD4, etc. And they only have those JRPGs because of MONEY!!!! Platform neutral? Yet the 360 gets SE exclusives?

well ofcourse there not gonna say that they bribed

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Coca-Cola said:

http://www.talkxbox.com/article2633.html

“I think the most obvious reason that they made the announcement is just looking at the success of our console...Square has done games for us in the past, and I think there’s a point where Square just has to look at the Xbox 360, the install base and attach rates that we’re seeing and actually has to make a decision on their own that it’s the right thing to do for them" said Pennello, speaking to MundoRare.

“I think it’s easy to assume that something’s going on behind the scenes, I think the more obvious answer is we’re doing really well and the game creators want their games to be where the most people and the most consoles [are], and right now that’s the Xbox 360.”

Square wanted this game on Xbox360.

Believe it.

I'm actually convinced now that the reason why FFXIII-X360 exists is more because of the lack of Sony bribing to maintain it exclusive as opposed to MS bribing to make it multiplatform.

Kasz216 said:
Gobias said:
Ronster316 said:

Well, this is in the microsoft discussion section so im gonna add my views............... Lets go back to 1994 shall we when the Famicom-playstation launched......... SONY HAD NO DEVELOPERS...... and the only knowledge that they did have in gaming was stolen from nintendo by sonys precious ex president ken "thief" kutugari..... Sega and Nintendo were already gaming Hardware and Software PIONEERS.... who can argue with nintendos best games like mario, zelda and donkey kong ect.... and who could argue with Segas rich history in gaming? Sonic, Virtua fighter, shinobi ect.... the point im getting at here is i love how sony fanboys try to make out as though Microsoft are a company that pay for everything???? HOW DO YOU THINK TEKKEN AND WIPEOUT GOT ON TO PLAYSTATION CONSOLES IN THE FIRST PLACE???? yeah, thats right, the almighty dollar, sony PAID FOR THEM.... money talks.... Sega and Nintendo have more gaming talent in thier little finger than sony will EVER HAVE.... sony bought thier success.... Nintendo and Sega EARNED IT.... so next time you talk about microsoft "buying" a game...... consider this......... SONY HAD NOTHING IN THE GAMING BUSINESS UNTIL THEY WAVED THIER CHEQUE BOOK AROUND..... bottom line_________

You've got some issues dude.

Yeah... though he is right. All Microsoft is doing is what Sony did when they broke in.

People either should except buying things (which microsoft likely didn't here) as an acceptable practice, or not an accpetable one.

If you choose the second...

You can't support any console and should just go to PC gaming.

Sure nintendo didn't buy any exclusives too my knowledge but they've used force to get them.

Sega amusingly didn't buy exclusives... and instead just created versions of the games they wanted... and those versions were often better.

The Sega Sports series were better then the PS1/EA sports games in every way.

I could not have put it better myself..... (Although i gave it a bloody good try lol)

What some people don't realise is that if i had a choice there would be no SONY and no MICROSOFT....... they are both evil corporations......... Gaming was already reaching its peak before sony came along....... 3D gaming was getting taken to the next level by Sega thanks to Virtua fighter..... Nintendo were making Groundbreaking games like Mario kart and super mario world.......... did we really need all these big corporations?

I have a 360 but i have said all along, i would trade it in tomorrow if Sega made a comeback......... im my eyes im simply supporting a company who i BELEIVE can KILL the company that killed my most favourite gaming company of all time.........

I rest my case..............

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:

I don't know if the RED statement is right.

What JRPGs does the PS3 have besides the ones for future release? and Besides Folklore....

I don't see where your basis of JRPGS selling better on 360 comes from..... Clarify... Explain... Enlighten me!

I hope this thread dies sooner.. It's getting old...