By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

Would M$ admit: we gave SE money for them to bring FFXIII on 360?

Around the Network

lol SORRY i laughed at all the crap above my post.

@Ronster

take a timeout and take you're medications/maintenance pills or whatever that'll keep you sane/calm in this forum.... You're arguments are really out of the line and looking like an eyesore.

Hint:
CAPSLOCK/SHIFT BUTTON.

You'd get there buddy.. Just a little brain cells and breathing would do.

Then why then not puting it on xbox 360 JP? Or Wii for better instal base.

Gobias said:
Ronster316 said:

Well, this is in the microsoft discussion section so im gonna add my views............... Lets go back to 1994 shall we when the Famicom-playstation launched......... SONY HAD NO DEVELOPERS...... and the only knowledge that they did have in gaming was stolen from nintendo by sonys precious ex president ken "thief" kutugari..... Sega and Nintendo were already gaming Hardware and Software PIONEERS.... who can argue with nintendos best games like mario, zelda and donkey kong ect.... and who could argue with Segas rich history in gaming? Sonic, Virtua fighter, shinobi ect.... the point im getting at here is i love how sony fanboys try to make out as though Microsoft are a company that pay for everything???? HOW DO YOU THINK TEKKEN AND WIPEOUT GOT ON TO PLAYSTATION CONSOLES IN THE FIRST PLACE???? yeah, thats right, the almighty dollar, sony PAID FOR THEM.... money talks.... Sega and Nintendo have more gaming talent in thier little finger than sony will EVER HAVE.... sony bought thier success.... Nintendo and Sega EARNED IT.... so next time you talk about microsoft "buying" a game...... consider this......... SONY HAD NOTHING IN THE GAMING BUSINESS UNTIL THEY WAVED THIER CHEQUE BOOK AROUND..... bottom line_________

You've got some issues dude.

Calm down Dr Phil.......

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Gobias said:
Ronster316 said:

Well, this is in the microsoft discussion section so im gonna add my views............... Lets go back to 1994 shall we when the Famicom-playstation launched......... SONY HAD NO DEVELOPERS...... and the only knowledge that they did have in gaming was stolen from nintendo by sonys precious ex president ken "thief" kutugari..... Sega and Nintendo were already gaming Hardware and Software PIONEERS.... who can argue with nintendos best games like mario, zelda and donkey kong ect.... and who could argue with Segas rich history in gaming? Sonic, Virtua fighter, shinobi ect.... the point im getting at here is i love how sony fanboys try to make out as though Microsoft are a company that pay for everything???? HOW DO YOU THINK TEKKEN AND WIPEOUT GOT ON TO PLAYSTATION CONSOLES IN THE FIRST PLACE???? yeah, thats right, the almighty dollar, sony PAID FOR THEM.... money talks.... Sega and Nintendo have more gaming talent in thier little finger than sony will EVER HAVE.... sony bought thier success.... Nintendo and Sega EARNED IT.... so next time you talk about microsoft "buying" a game...... consider this......... SONY HAD NOTHING IN THE GAMING BUSINESS UNTIL THEY WAVED THIER CHEQUE BOOK AROUND..... bottom line_________

You've got some issues dude.

Calm down Dr Phil.......

Amen...

I doubt Microsoft paid Square to make FFXIII for the 360. What they may have paid for is for it to be a simultaneous launch with the PS3 version. True to what Microsoft did with many other developers, they probably hounded Square to make a 360 version. I'm sure Square was watching the 360 vs. PS3 numbers in North America also. With the 360 numbers still much higher in this region (a key region for Square as well as many other devs), the move to the platform was likely motivated by those numbers.

@ronster - As much as I loved my Sega Genesis, Sega screwed the pooch at every step after. They confused the market with the 32X and SegaCD. When the Saturn came out, no one had confidence in Sega anymore. The Dreamcast was their heroic last stand as a console maker but still burdened by a bad reputation and with Sony, which had built a good reputation with the PS1, having a new console on the way, Sega never had a chance unless the DC did something spectacular. It didn't. It wasn't marketed well. The Sonic games rated well but they were not spectacular. It had what was without a doubt the worst designed controller in the industry. Sega killed Sega. Sony just put the nails in the coffin. I have always wanted Sega to rise again but they still do not make great business choices and within the next couple years I can see them being bought out but a bigger fish.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

When are people gonna move on about this, it's coming multi-platform and that's it who cares whom paid who. It's a business gaming industry where companies want to make money, not staying loyal to one and lose out on profits.

There is no way MS didn't give SE some money. No way.

It would make absolutely no sense for Square to hold on to a finished product and not release until the 360 version was done. Give me one reason why they would do this if money wasn't involved.

Normally I don't care when companies pay for titles, but this one kind of irks me simply because its delaying the title.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

microsoft, i think bill named his company after his *woops!*