By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

http://www.talkxbox.com/article2633.html

“I think the most obvious reason that they made the announcement is just looking at the success of our console...Square has done games for us in the past, and I think there’s a point where Square just has to look at the Xbox 360, the install base and attach rates that we’re seeing and actually has to make a decision on their own that it’s the right thing to do for them" said Pennello, speaking to MundoRare.

“I think it’s easy to assume that something’s going on behind the scenes, I think the more obvious answer is we’re doing really well and the game creators want their games to be where the most people and the most consoles [are], and right now that’s the Xbox 360.”

Square wanted this game on Xbox360.

Believe it.

Around the Network

Exactly. Theres no refuting it. The sad part is that they have to go and kiss Sony's behind now at TGS. They don't need to appologize for anything. This is all about money for these people. It always has been. Thats the main reason they brought the main FF franchise onto the PSX in the beginning. Nintendo has reaped nothing, so Sony fanboys should NOT be pissed if they understand Squares  history.

we already had a thread like this one.

better check it out.

The problem with words is that anybody can say them. Perhaps they're not always used well, and perhaps not always in all honesty or understanding of their meaning, but words have a very low barrier to entry. You should never assume that, because a single source states something, it is automatically true.

Not that I really consider this whole "FF13 goes multiplatform" thing to be worthy of so much attention, mind you. It's really much ado about nothing. I mainly just wanted to point out that honesty and public relations have no direct relationship, and it should not be assumed that one comes automatically with the other.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

"I think the most obvious reason that they made the announcement"

More than one reason?

He never actually denied that Microsoft paid them.

Around the Network

K read this carfully “I think it’s easy to assume that something’s going on behind the scenes, I think the more obvious answer is we’re doing really well and the game creators want their games to be where the most people and the most consoles [are], and right now that’s the Xbox 360.”

He can easly state his opinion but that doesn't mean it is true. They want the more obvious answer to be the console is doign well not that they spent MILLIONS to get the game!

@inyourmind

Actually I was reading it trying to find the denial as well. Instead it's more of a diversionary tactic without truly answering. Clever.

Sky Render said:
The problem with words is that anybody can say them. Perhaps they're not always used well, and perhaps not always in all honesty or understanding of their meaning, but words have a very low barrier to entry. You should never assume that, because a single source states something, it is automatically true.

Not that I really consider this whole "FF13 goes multiplatform" thing to be worthy of so much attention, mind you. It's really much ado about nothing. I mainly just wanted to point out that honesty and public relations have no direct relationship, and it should not be assumed that one comes automatically with the other.

Your post smells of the sentiment you talk of!!!

But to be straight here, from what MS have said you can be pretty much certain they are not telling porky pies.

Companies don't "lie" about financial matters...If they do..They get in hot water with shareholders.

I'm sure you know this.

They didn't deny a bribe.

they didnt deny it.
i highly doubt they didnt. i mean come on microsoft is rich and dey love to use dat money to their advantage.