By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

That`s why, PS3 and x360 versions of FFXIII in NA and Europe will come at same time, even if x360 version hasn`t been started yet. =)))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Microsoft never bribes anyone, its a payment for a service. Just like MS paying SE to not make any other RPG's on the PS3.

It could definitely have been Square Enix's own decision...it makes a lot of sense to put the game on both systems, and I've been arguing that third parties will go this direction since about 18 months ago when it became obvious that the HD systems weren't selling that well and the budgets were sky-high.

Then again, it could definitely have been a bribe. Microsoft has piles of money and have openly used it to buy a number of exclusives and timed exclusives like GTA 4 and Rock Band 2.

Actually, looking at my last statement, I guess maybe that's the best reason to think it's not a bribe: Microsoft usually admits it when it's a bribe.

well i guess we should believe them,

than again, they are the most credible company i know. (sarcasm)

couchmonkey said:
It could definitely have been Square Enix's own decision...it makes a lot of sense to put the game on both systems, and I've been arguing that third parties will go this direction since about 18 months ago when it became obvious that the HD systems weren't selling that well and the budgets were sky-high.

Then again, it could definitely have been a bribe. Microsoft has piles of money and have openly used it to buy a number of exclusives and timed exclusives like GTA 4 and Rock Band 2.

Actually, looking at my last statement, I guess maybe that's the best reason to think it's not a bribe: Microsoft usually admits it when it's a bribe.

If SE was worried about sales the game would be coming to each system and in each region.  SE is also keeping Star ocean as a 360 exclusive, even though it has a small userbase in Japan, SE's main market. The 360 also has a diminishing market share in the world.  SE is also producing many other JRPG'sexclusive to the 360, either timed or permanent.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
That`s why, PS3 and x360 versions of FFXIII in NA and Europe will come at same time, even if x360 version hasn`t been started yet. =)))

This. Not to mention the Last Remnant on 360 coming out when the PS3 version isn't done.

Yeah...M$ money is involved

Well,lets think.
Box version vill sell avout 2-3m i think?
Well it cost 69,9€ so sony would need to give them so much money as they would have got if it goes multiplat.

Take my love, take my land..

All Sony fanboys complaining about Microsoft throwing money should just remember this. Sony threw money and told stores if they carried Dreamcast games they would not allow them to carry Sony games. One of the greatest systems destroyed by Sony bully tactics, oh yah and my gf's dad used to work for Sega game design, after the DC died Sega stole his work and laid him off the company (if you say he's lazy and should've been kicked no it's because his main work wasn't actually on the game design but he did engine work and tools, the first people to get kicked out of Sega, right now he's working 15 hours a day on a program called keyhole tv which can stream live video with 3 second delay. So what great evil has Microsoft done by giving 360 owners a SE game if and only if they did bribe Squenix. Did MS make sure PS3 owners can't enjoy the game? Did Ms completely destroy a console, or make people's lives much harder? Anyone complaining should stop being so insanely spoiled.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Griffin said:
couchmonkey said:

If SE was worried about sales the game would be coming to each system and in each region.  SE is also keeping Star ocean as a 360 exclusive, even though it has a small userbase in Japan, SE's main market. The 360 also has a diminishing market share in the world.  SE is also producing many other JRPG'sexclusive to the 360, either timed or permanent.

exactly.

why to release them exclusive to a the smallest market?

its a shoot in the foot... they could make the multiplatform.

Lol, PS3 fanboys are having so hard a time understanding FFXIII is on 360 now...sad.

I don't remember 360 fanboys going ballistic when Bioshock was announced for PS3.

Oh...and check the signiture.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.