By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: we didn't bribe to get FFXIII

Gobias said:
Ronster316 said:

Well, this is in the microsoft discussion section so im gonna add my views............... Lets go back to 1994 shall we when the Famicom-playstation launched......... SONY HAD NO DEVELOPERS...... and the only knowledge that they did have in gaming was stolen from nintendo by sonys precious ex president ken "thief" kutugari..... Sega and Nintendo were already gaming Hardware and Software PIONEERS.... who can argue with nintendos best games like mario, zelda and donkey kong ect.... and who could argue with Segas rich history in gaming? Sonic, Virtua fighter, shinobi ect.... the point im getting at here is i love how sony fanboys try to make out as though Microsoft are a company that pay for everything???? HOW DO YOU THINK TEKKEN AND WIPEOUT GOT ON TO PLAYSTATION CONSOLES IN THE FIRST PLACE???? yeah, thats right, the almighty dollar, sony PAID FOR THEM.... money talks.... Sega and Nintendo have more gaming talent in thier little finger than sony will EVER HAVE.... sony bought thier success.... Nintendo and Sega EARNED IT.... so next time you talk about microsoft "buying" a game...... consider this......... SONY HAD NOTHING IN THE GAMING BUSINESS UNTIL THEY WAVED THIER CHEQUE BOOK AROUND..... bottom line_________

You've got some issues dude.

Yeah... though he is right. All Microsoft is doing is what Sony did when they broke in.

People either should except buying things (which microsoft likely didn't here) as an acceptable practice, or not an accpetable one.

If you choose the second...

You can't support any console and should just go to PC gaming.

Sure nintendo didn't buy any exclusives too my knowledge but they've used force to get them.

Sega amusingly didn't buy exclusives... and instead just created versions of the games they wanted... and those versions were often better.

The Sega Sports series were better then the PS1/EA sports games in every way.

Around the Network

Square wanted this game on Xbox360.

Believe it.

I believe it! They took a look at the awesome sales of JRPGs on the 360 such as Eternal Sonata (260k) and Lost Odyssey (750k) and there wasn't a doubt in their mind about going multi-plat. The interesting thing is lost odyssey had a big advertising push that went from the creator of Final Fantasy comes LO and it still sold under a million. Even the piracy plagued PSP managed to sell over a million FF Crisis Cores.

But I digress.

No surprise. Its a smart move by Square and a big win for Microsfot. Thank you MS for creating the best console this generation.

I don't get why it's such a big deal. Other than being yet another humiliating slap on the collectively red faces of Sony and their mindless drone fanboys. MS paid...so what if they did? They have the money, they want people to buy their console so they make the effort to get as many good games for it as possible. I imagine it works out cheaper to pay 3rd parties for games rather than buying up studios THEN funding development for games yourself.

And Square...asked to take money to allow for the future potential to market their game to twice as many potential players. Yeah, no brainer there. Frankly, the only people who can realistically have the right to be upset are Sony themselves, and even that is a stretch. Games that were exclusive or timed exclusive to Sony last gen now aren't because they dragged their feet and MS didn't. Tough shit, as we say in Glasgow. :D

Will you teach me to football?

bbsin said:
Ronster316 said:

blarhgahgalklsalkdjals rant rant rant bahrahasdhabs little finger galrarahrah HULK SMASH blahahashasdasdj rant etc.

Still not over the fall of Sega eh? I know (as a dreamcast owner), it was tough, but we have to move on... (sheds single tear)

Dude, you needs to chill with that disrespect. I nearly got banned for that crap.

Around the Network
Gobias said:
Sony raped my father and killed my mother.

Now I will avenge my parents by buying 300 Xbox 360's and Wii's!!!

Its genius I tell you, GENIUS!

Can I ask you one question? How is this post even remotely contributing to an MS thread in the MS forum? You are so skilled in the fine art of trolling on the 360. Thanks for providing such an awesome example for the class to look at and hurl over. /PHAIL.

OT: Why should MS have to bribe anyone? I wish people would wake up and realize the PS3 will NEVER, ever be the PS2. It just won't. It is a game player pimped out to push Blu Ray. That's it. Sony, a champ at creating winning formats (ATRAC, MiniDisc, BetaMax), wanted to win this fight. And they did it with little regard for the PS brand.

With sales that are making tiny gains at best on the No. 2 spot, Sony bots are in full defense mode. They are quick to sling allegations like it's welfare cheese. They are quick to say it was meh have Final Fantasy go Multiplat. They are quick to call the 20gb price cut a desperate move by MS. What I find hard to really believe is - folks really believe the dung and poo they are shoveling.

MS is putting Sony into a corner. Coming out a year earlier helped MS big time. So what folks in Europe are buying insane amounts of PS3s. Ok. Guess what? N.A. is keeping Sonydomination off track for the time being. NA wipes out PS3 gains in Europe and it's even getting traction in Japan.

MS will drop the Arcade and watch sales fly. Sony will be forced to play catchup and announce another price cut just to keep up. The $199 price in EU may not spark sales, but it sure will here in the U.S.

Strategyking92 said:
I don't care if they paid, or not.
The way I see it, if they did, microsoft just got their fanbase another game, which is almost always a good thing, instead of sony holding the game hostage.

It is available to all. (except wii, of course)

Really though, I think square made the decision. FFXIII is going to be big, so they need big money in the end, in terms of sales.

Microsoft lured Squaresoft in because of the success in creating a great installed base and the base had a greater game sales rate compared to the PS3. Squaresoft is scared that they pissed off Sony so stated that TGS will be in Sony's court and they kept Versus exclusive to keep the PS3 attractive. I'm getting  FFXIII on the PS3, because it makes no sense to split the games down the middle between PS3 and 360.  I'm living proof of the Enix gameplan to win back Sony's trust. (I don't know why. But meh)

God dang there are a lot of sony fayboys here dose it not make sence that square wants to make more money and sell more games. I mean what wrong with it going multiplatform exspecially sence it will be on the 360 to i think that very game that has been on both the PS3 and 360 has sold more on the 360 so it was a good choice.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

bbsin said:
Gobias said:
Ronster316 said:

You've got some issues dude.

He's just upset that Sony (the talentless company) single handedly wiped out Sega (the company with talent) to near bankruptcy.

now why haven't I seen this.. XD

at the end if doesn't affect us.

japan where half of the sells are going to be its a ps3 exclusive and comming there first.
expect the biggest sony jump in hardware sales to happen when that game is released there first.

and many gamers in europe usa will likely get the ps3, since VERSUS is going to be at the ps3 only.
why to play one but 2 FF13s?!.
and for some agito :)