By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales for Week Ending July 26, 2008

NNN2004 said:
but if there is a shortage in NA thats mean it should be also in europe ..................... better wait for NPD.

there are shortages in europe too, the 80gig is being released there aswell!

Around the Network

i just cant believe those PS3 sales. they make me sick!!!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
NNN2004 said:
but if there is a shortage in NA thats mean it should be also in europe ..................... better wait for NPD.

there are shortages in europe too, the 80gig is being released there aswell!

why they didnt release it in NA ?

Very low numbers for PS3 in America. WTF? Only 28000 PS3's sold for the week in NA. I thought ioi mistakenly typed a 2 instead of a 5. 58000 PS3's sold in NA sounds more reasonable.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Very low numbers for PS3 in America. WTF? Only 28000 PS3's sold for the week in NA. I thought ioi mistakenly typed a 2 instead of a 5. 58000 PS3's sold in NA sounds more reasonable.

But would be wrong.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
ioi said:
drkohler said:

What is irritating is the bouncing around of the X360 number. When the European numbers came in, X360 lost around 30k sales in the total. 2 hours later, the NA data appear and with 80k sold, the number jumped 120k...

There really should not be that constant number fiddling to try and match shipping numbers/NPD numbers. Make a thread at the end of every quarter where you "reset the numbers" once and once only.

(It is clear that the PS3 was overtracked a little - in Europe, not in NA, and the x360 is overtracked - in NA, not in Europe where it is undertracked).

It is our policy to handle data in this way - that is how we ensure that whenever you visit the site the data is as up to date and accurate as possible. Why keep data up that we know is incorrect? Adjustments most often come from internal corrections and adjustments as well as comparisons with external data points. I'm not sure what is so irritating about it?

It's irritating because most people want to live in a black and white world of absolute truth. They want to look at a question, establish The Truth, and move on to the next question.

They hate the complexity of a world full of uncertain probabilities, where shades of grey force us to visit and revisit every question to see if we've gotten closer to truth than we were before. It's a lot more work, especially if you lay a lot of decisions on what you had previously thought to be true.

Most people don't actually understand what statistics are or what they mean. Rather than seeing these adjustments as constantly moving closer to truth, they think you're moving from one lie to another.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I would really like people to go check and list where they live if they have ps3, since the "sortage" of MGS4 combos i have been out checking the stores most have ps3s. at the 122 stores ive been to in east tennessee average of about 6 a store, normally (as of last week) a 4, 2 split, 2 being mgs4. of these stores 42 within 60 miles of me are walmarts. which seems to have a dispaportiante number of mgs bundles.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

How do you have time to visit 122 stores?

FishyJoe said:
How do you have time to visit 122 stores?

lol, good question! who the hell would be bothered to check 122 stores just to see how many ps3's they can find?

Viper1 said:
masterb8tr said:
ok

i have checked every Elkjøp store in norway(100 stores) and none of them had a ps3. 2 were expecting shipments in 2 days.

I have checked 50 spaceworld stores in Norway no ps3's at all

i have checked 10 expert stores in Norway and 3 of them had a ps3 but are now sold out

i have checked 20 smaller stores and none of them had a ps3

i have checked 20 online stores and 1 had 1 ps3 left, edit it is now sold out

Well there is major shortages to the ps3 in Norway, but norway is to small to make a difference. I dont know if this is the case in other places in europe though.

Are there even that many stores in all of Norway?

There's 48 of them. http://www.spaceworld.no/wsp/spaceworld/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&func_id=1020&table=PUBLISH&l0=

There's about 800KM from the longest south to longest north. Probably 20 of them will be within 100KM of him, and I doubt he would go further than that away.

There's about 20 Ps3's at the Elkjøp next to me (as of yesterday). There were about 25 at my closest Spaceworld.

There was about 10 at the closest Expert.

And no, I didn't visit this many stores for games, but patrons for my printer.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS