By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales for Week Ending July 26, 2008

how could be 29k a shortage??? Sorry but for me, it's not!!

Around the Network
ZuZayLi said:

Because it's half of the normal week.

masterb8tr said:
ok

i have checked every Elkjøp store in norway(100 stores) and none of them had a ps3. 2 were expecting shipments in 2 days.

I have checked 50 spaceworld stores in Norway no ps3's at all

i have checked 10 expert stores in Norway and 3 of them had a ps3 but are now sold out

i have checked 20 smaller stores and none of them had a ps3

i have checked 20 online stores and 1 had 1 ps3 left, edit it is now sold out

Well there is major shortages to the ps3 in Norway, but norway is to small to make a difference. I dont know if this is the case in other places in europe though.

Are there even that many stores in all of Norway?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm surprised (well not really) that this thread is all about the low sales of the Ps and no mention of how wrong people are about the 360 getting another increase.

Both parties were just as off.

Some people said the 360 would get 120k this week 30k off.

Some people said Ps3 would stay around the 55k mark. 30k off...

LOL MATURE said:
I'm surprised (well not really) that this thread is all about the low sales of the Ps and no mention of how wrong people are about the 360 getting another increase.

Both parties were just as off.

Some people said the 360 would get 120k this week 30k off.

Some people said Ps3 would stay around the 55k mark. 30k off...

Because PS3 dropping to a yearly low is more brow raising than the X360 not hitting 100k mark again.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
masterb8tr said:
ok

i have checked every Elkjøp store in norway(100 stores) and none of them had a ps3. 2 were expecting shipments in 2 days.

I have checked 50 spaceworld stores in Norway no ps3's at all

i have checked 10 expert stores in Norway and 3 of them had a ps3 but are now sold out

i have checked 20 smaller stores and none of them had a ps3

i have checked 20 online stores and 1 had 1 ps3 left, edit it is now sold out

Well there is major shortages to the ps3 in Norway, but norway is to small to make a difference. I dont know if this is the case in other places in europe though.

Are there even that many stores in all of Norway?

yes.

wtf ??!!!!!! wow ..... i open the site and socked with the sales !!! iam still shocked ?

ZuZayLi said:

When you sell at least 70k consoles each week and then all of a sudden 29k, it has to be shortages.

Sales predictions end of 08' (2008-7-27)

• PS3: 20. million
  • X360: 23. million
  • WII: 40. million        

PS3 to surpass X360 WW sales by Q2 2009

I know amazon sales dont matter and all, but seeing the 80 GB PS3 at #2 and the 40GB for the top ten (for the first time in a long time), then to see these numbers...ummmm...huh?

I know they are a small percentage, but that still seems a bit off. The numbers aren't just low, they are ridiculously low. Are we sure this isn't just because the numbers had possibly been overtracked in the past, and this is how it's being corrected?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

again WTF ????!!!!!