By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales for Week Ending July 26, 2008

@fishyjoe, on paid vacation, didnt really want to use it, but if i dont i lose it, so 2 weeks off

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

ioi said:
Ail said:
FishyJoe said:
Amazon is not a reliable source for sales data.

Gamestop has bundles in stock too ( and is number 1 us retailer for video games, is that reliable enough ?).

so does BestBuy, Target, WallMart...

And they have had it in stock for at least 6 days...

SOME Gamestops, BB, Target, Walmart have SOME 80GBs THIS week. That is a totally different situation to a couple of months ago where all retailers had full supply of 40GBs and sales were hitting 50-60k per week. 40GBs are only now available online and 80GBs are coming in limited quantities. That said, this weeks sales (27th - 2nd Aug) are already higher since there was a decent restock at many stores on Monday

And yes, Amazon is not a reliable source!

Have you an idea of the repartition between 80 Gb and 40 Gb during that week ?

Devastating PS3 sales....after 37 weeks of outselling the 360, its all coming undone. Damn it Sony!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

FishyJoe said:
How do you have time to visit 122 stores?

Given his login name I bet he has plenty of time to do so

More seriously, maybe he checked online stock services for these shops?

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network

@ madskillz

So are you calling ioi a liar?

He's the one who said that it was supply capped.

And again, no one is saying that there are no PS3s, obviously there are, since it sold 30k, but apparently it's pretty hard to find one.

There is a 360 shortage also due to the price drop and clearence of the 20gb. I forsee the 360 outselling the PS3 for the remainder of the year.

ioi said:
Huge PS3 shortages this week guys

After doing a bit of research today i can confirm this is bullshit.

I trecked around London like a nut job walking into every electronics supplier and even Blockbuster ( i know, i know)

while my brother in NY did this too. He found the PS3's were everywhere and i found the same here in London. No evidence at all to believe there is a supply re-straint. Supply restraint means there are none nowhere, not the local gamestop that had only 4 in anyway has sold out. Restraint means like what happened with the Wii there were none to be had anywhere and you would have to go to a different country to get one. And the icing on the cake, i spoke to a worker at Amazon who explained to me they have loads of PS3's in stock and haven't had any signs of a shortage in fact sales have been normal with the 40GB version doing ok.

So i think you might need to re-evaluate what you mean by shortage

PS3 40 gb is actually out of stock at amazon.com until august 6...

I don't think your contact at amazon is very aware about ps3 shortage....

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
FishyJoe said:
How do you have time to visit 122 stores?

lol, good question! who the hell would be bothered to check 122 stores just to see how many ps3's they can find?