By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales for Week Ending July 26, 2008

Gamer4life said:
Looks like all the "extra" sales the PS3 received when MGS4 was released are all disappearing. Another mess up on Sony's part. Looks like MGS4 might be multiplat after all.

Obviously MGS4 isn't still moving consoles, but bundled or not there is a shortage. MGS4 will be multiplat because of this? The game itself is in full supply, what the fuck are you talking about man.

You haven't changed at all since your last ban, you should just stay off this site.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Wonder how next week will be.

ioi stated it could already be passed this weeks thanks to a shipment on Monday.

gaaaahh!!! will you stop with the giant quotes already??!!!

OT: nice week for everyone but PS3. I wondered if this would happen because I haven't seen like any PS3s around lately.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

*cough* final fantasy XIII no longer exclusive *cough*

RockSmith372 said:
*cough* final fantasy XIII no longer exclusive *cough*

Doesn't matter at all.

MGS 4 moved a few consoles, but not a lot. FFXIII will maybe move triple of that. Not a lot more. 

FFXIII is still available for Ps3. Regular people couldn't care a lot less whether it is exclusive or not.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Tbone said:
Wonder how next week will be.

ioi stated it could already be passed this weeks thanks to a shipment on Monday.

I'll be checking the channels throughout the week, but I'm still hearing of zero 40GB shipments while the 80GBs continue to get some supply here and there. Not that Amazon ever says much, but as we see the online retailers start to lose stock of the 40GBs as well this gives a better picture of what is going in the big box retail stores as well as GSs.

Gamer4life said:

Hey just noticed that 360 NA sales just overtook PS3 NA sales for this year. Yea so much for SONY domination!!!

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 26th Jul 2008:

Console PS3
America
Console X360
America

Nice numbers! Someone should post something like this at the end of the year for all territories.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Gamer4life said:

Hey just noticed that 360 NA sales just overtook PS3 NA sales for this year. Yea so much for SONY domination!!!

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 26th Jul 2008:

Console PS3
America

Console X360
America

Nobody said the PS3 was dominating the USA. Please be quiet

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Griffin said:
*Activates Fanboy goggles*

Another great week for the PS3, YoY sales increase 420%. The PS3 takes top spot again for the 48 week in a row, and next week the system will hit 32mil sold. And just 2more months before FF13 and GT5 hit the market

*passes extra goggles out to all the Sony fans*

Thanks Griffin, I needed the goggles to believe lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Waiting for Sony to issue a statement claiming a North American shortage.........

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"