By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 looking very close to CG teaser

The previous GoW games looked incredible, so I fully expect this to look brilliant

Around the Network

Seeing how gow2 looks on ps2 doubt that gow3 wont look great on ps3.

i'm excited
i want them to finish this game and start developing a whole new game :D

lame question: the developers are 1st party , right?

PhalanxCO said:
makingmusic476 said:

Take the detail of Killzone 2 and cram into a smaller environment with far less particle effects going on (no explosions :P), and you'll have an idea of what GoWIII will look like AT WORST. 

I think this game will look DAMN good, and put Killzone 2 to shame.   Just look at what Sony Santa Monica was able to do on the ps2:

And you could even unlock a 720p mode! That means at worst GoWIII will be 720p, and they can devote all of the ps3's extra horsepower to things like polygons and textures, since the resolution issue is already out of the way (unless they decide to go for 1080p).

GoW2 looks amazing for a PS2 game.  My only problem is that while the environments look grungy and dirty, Kratos looks like he just showered.....     with a luffa.....  and some Dove Moisturizing Body Wash.

That would probably be because his body is covered in the ashes of his wife and child

Check out my game about moles ^

blackstar said:
i'm excited

you mean Sony santa monica studio(dev team of GOWI/II/III),,,yea they are

Around the Network

If you saw what Sony Santa Monica did with GoW2, you'd know that they'd do even better on the triple.

SpartanFX said:
blackstar said:
i'm excited

you mean Sony santa monica studio(dev team of GOWI/II/III),,,yea they are

lol , that's why i said lame ,,

thanx ;)

IllegalPaladin said:
makingmusic476 said:

And you could even unlock a 720p mode! That means at worst GoWIII will be 720p, and they can devote all of the ps3's extra horsepower to things like polygons and textures, since the resolution issue is already out of the way (unless they decide to go for 1080p).

I believe it's not really a 720p mode, but really just having the game display higher texture resolutions.

Though yes, the game does look pretty darn nice and quite the improvement over the first God of War. I'm really excited to see what they can do with God of War 3.

Yes , it was only a bit higher resolution version ... but it still looked damn awesome :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

god of war 3 will be one awsome game. ive never played the other 2 but from what reviews ive read they are supposed to be awsome.

god of war 3 in fall 2009 will hit the gaming public hard, with extravagant visuals, full use of bluray and the cell processsor, 7.1 audio, massive boss battles , stunning story line to rival that of a major blockbuster movie,  and will sell literally like sweets.

major system seller for 2009 confirmed

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

GOWIII will look brilliant, especially after seeing what they did with GOWII. Plus, it's a lot easier to make that game pretty because of the fixed camera.