By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 looking very close to CG teaser

In the latest HotSpot podcast -from GameSpot- , numerous sources reported that "the level of realism as far as the graphics go in God of War 3" looks very close to the CG teaser. They actually said it is looking like Beowulf the movie. The discussion lasts 59 minutes.

http://www.n4g.com/events_e32008/News-172231.aspx

Around the Network

since it's 59 min. and I don't want to go through it all, and yer my buddy and I know you'll help me out ;P

Who exactly was it saying this, and how does he come by this info?

edit: ohhh....sources....hmmm

Who wouldn't think it's a CG trailer? I seriously doubt it's using a game engine in real-time. The thing was 30 seconds and nothing was really shown...it was just put together to show it's coming.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Who wouldn't think it's a CG trailer? I seriously doubt it's using a game engine in real-time. The thing was 30 seconds and nothing was really shown...it was just put together to show it's coming.

I don't think they're saying that. They're saying that the actual game looks almost as good as the CG. But I'd take it with a massive boulder of salt given it's coming from "sources"

They're talking about gameplay footage. I don't know where they showed it. Maybe it was the same place where they showed Heavy Rain. I'll listen in and tell you when they talk about it.

Around the Network

OMG....Beowulf?! No, that's too much. I'm sorry, I cant believe that, Beowulf is too much. I think that if it's able to do Beowulf like graphics, then it will prolly sell more than the other 2 because of the graphics and because its well known.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36463.html
For those who forgot.)
Very realistic, considering what KZ2, Naruto, GT5P and Ratchet have shown already. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

well i dont think it will look as good as beowulf, but killzone 2 doesnt max out the ps3, so i think it might look better than KZ2

I read this on GT. I still can't believe gamespot said that. I'm listening to the hotspot now to hear it for myself. I'd love to see whatever they saw.

*edit*

They didn't actually see anything we didn't for GOW3. One of them just said they heard from various sources that it looks that good.

It is a massive fall 09 title. I am sure all PS3's big fall 09 titles will look just as good, probably better than Killzone 2.