By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 looking very close to CG teaser

Take the detail of Killzone 2 and cram into a smaller environment with far less particle effects going on (no explosions :P), and you'll have an idea of what GoWIII will look like AT WORST. 

I think this game will look DAMN good, and put Killzone 2 to shame.   Just look at what Sony Santa Monica was able to do on the ps2:

And you could even unlock a 720p mode! That means at worst GoWIII will be 720p, and they can devote all of the ps3's extra horsepower to things like polygons and textures, since the resolution issue is already out of the way (unless they decide to go for 1080p).

Around the Network

this game us going to be sexy

Well I've heard that said before. I'll wait til they prove it haha.

makingmusic476 said:

And you could even unlock a 720p mode! That means at worst GoWIII will be 720p, and they can devote all of the ps3's extra horsepower to things like polygons and textures, since the resolution issue is already out of the way (unless they decide to go for 1080p).

I believe it's not really a 720p mode, but really just having the game display higher texture resolutions.

Though yes, the game does look pretty darn nice and quite the improvement over the first God of War. I'm really excited to see what they can do with God of War 3.

While I believe the graphics will turn out good, just like the previous two titles, we really have to wait and see for ourselves.

Around the Network

I cant wait !!!!!!

makingmusic476 said:

Take the detail of Killzone 2 and cram into a smaller environment with far less particle effects going on (no explosions :P), and you'll have an idea of what GoWIII will look like AT WORST. 

I think this game will look DAMN good, and put Killzone 2 to shame.   Just look at what Sony Santa Monica was able to do on the ps2:

Seriously, I can not wait for what they have to show.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

makingmusic476 said:

GoW2 looks amazing for a PS2 game.  My only problem is that while the environments look grungy and dirty, Kratos looks like he just showered.....     with a luffa.....  and some Dove Moisturizing Body Wash.

Thanks Blaiyan for telling us when the discussion starts. The description is misleading. It starts near the 59 minute mark. The whole podcast doesn't last 59 minutes.

I remember reading an interview with Guerilla Games about KZ2. They said Santa Monica helped them out in the graphics department.

better than beowolf? i doubt that. It came out only last year and the cgi was rendered on a render farm like the pixar movies. I think gow3 will blow away the competition in graphx if it pushed the ps3 like gow1 and 2 did with the p2 but comparing it to beowulf is a bit 2 far...