By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War 3 looking very close to CG teaser

My 2nd most anticipated game this gen.)
It will look fantastic.)
I wonder, how long they are developing it.. I hope since the end of 2006, when GoW2 was almost done.)
Then 2 years is a good time for AA game creation.) Looking Forward.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

at what time do they talk about it?

I think GOWIII will come close to CGI trailer just like KZ2 did.

I think this is quite an obvious question - If they have gameplay that looks close to the CGI, then why the HELL didn't they show that off istead?

Tease.

Mirson said:

In the latest HotSpot podcast -from GameSpot- , numerous sources reported that "the level of realism as far as the graphics go in God of War 3" looks very close to the CG teaser. They actually said it is looking like Beowulf the movie. The discussion lasts 59 minutes.

http://www.n4g.com/events_e32008/News-172231.aspx

Then they have issues...

Still I really want to see the final result...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Squilliam said:
I think this is quite an obvious question - If they have gameplay that looks close to the CGI, then why the HELL didn't they show that off istead?

Maybe because it would have gotten tons of hype and excitement for E3 and won tons of people over? Or maybe it's because it would have overshadowed everything else they were trying to present.

Or maybe that it's not true and just overblown?

I'm excited for it and I don't doubt it wont look great, but I'm going to sit on the 'wait and see' train for this one.

Squilliam said:

Because...........Dang, i have no answer.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i hope this one make the first 2 look like disney movies

I think the first two were good on the content. I don't have a problem with the gore, but the boobs are the problem I'd have when playing the God of War games at home.

masterb8tr said:
at what time do they talk about it?

0:58:53