By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has anybody noticed that the PS3 video store is up now?

wow they have a decent anime collection....any collection with Afro Samurai gets my vote.

Around the Network

It's not there for me.

i havent looked,ill check it later

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Sony owns over half of the movies ever made, so they should get a good selection once they go through the work of putting them out there.

Personally, I will stick with netflix. I like BR, and it cost me no disk space. (and no per movie cost).

Now if PSN did something like 10 bucks a month, all you can DL, then I am in! :)

Well this is interesting. The PS store is getting an exclusive anime called "Xam'd: Lost memories from the makers of Full Metal Alchemist and Eureka seveN'. Episode one is ready for Download, but that's it so far. Says it will begin it's exclusive broadcast from the Playstation store.

I found it under TV shows "what's new", in case anyone wants to have a look. 4 bucks to rent 1 episode in HD though. I might give it a shot to at least see one episode, but that's pretty freakin pricey.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
A little less impressed with the movie selection now. It seems to have alot of repeats in catagories. The anime selection is sparse, but it's a decent start. Let's have a look at TV shows...

What about the adult section? Crosses fingers.

Does it explain anywhere how long the rentals last for???

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

hmm....good selection, its kinda selection youd find at a mom&pop shop and not Blockbusters but Im gonna give it a go tomorrow and rent me Hitman(unrated)......YAY THEY HAVE THE ROBOCOP SERIES!!! may buy 1&2 (fuck 3) there at 1600mb and only SD

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
The_vagabond7 said:
wow, I'm very very impressed. Looking through movie rentals now, Action/adventure alone has 65 entries. 3.99 for SD, 5.99 for HD, or you can just purchase it. There is alot more content here than I originally expected. The size is big (a bit over 5000MB for HD cloverfield), but if I get something started before I go to bed it should be ready the next day.

I wonder how this rental thing works...

Well u can always set it to download and choose to watch it while its downloading. It'll be finished downloading by the time the movie is finished.

Might not have rolled out in all regions yet. Works for me in the US, east coast.

Some stuff seems pricey, but most movies are reasonably priced rentals. Like The_vagabond7 said, $4 for RENTING a single anime episode in HD is pricey (Xam'd, others are priced lower).

For those wondering how rental works, you have 14 days to start watching the video. Once you have started the video, you have 24 hours to finish it. Basically the same way XBox Live videos work. So you won't be able to watch half a movie one night, then finish it another night.