By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has anybody noticed that the PS3 video store is up now?

Im going to go check it out, Im Excited lol

^_^

Around the Network

I just noticed it was up when I was downloading a bunch of E3 videos....and I came to the conclusion that it was quite badass

Going by the number of titles in each letter in "View all by title" I'm getting 268 different movies for download. (I don;t think there would be overlap in this list) Not bad for a launch service....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

skeezer said:
Im going to go check it out, Im Excited lol

you should be excited, its pretty good.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Yeah, seems pointless but novel if you have a service like netflix already. For 10 bucks a month I get all the blu-ray movies I can watch, or I can spend 6.50 to rent one that I can watch tomorrow. My connection isn't good enough to DL 5 gigs in an hour an a half, so no way I'm watching a movie while it Dls, at least not in HD. It's cool, but I doubt I will use it much if at all.

Sorry, no Adult section. :)

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

this is awesome. can't wait till a few more shows come out though.
any recommendations?

So with this edition to the PSN, in game XMB, and trophies how far behind is the PSN vs Live?

LOL MATURE said:
So with this edition to the PSN, in game XMB, and trophies how far behind is the PSN vs Live?

I have not played with the in-game xmb yet, but if you can not be in any game, and talk to a buddy who is in any other game, then it's got a ways to go.

If you can do that, I think it's pretty much caught up.

I think what hurts PSN more then anything, is the headphone situation. I like that the 360 headphone plugs into the controller, and comes with the system. This ensures that everyone has one, and that it's charged.

Half the time I want to use my headset on my PS3, it's dead. When I do use it, it only lasts a few hours. If I want to game all day, I am screwed.

Side note: Does anyone know of a headset you can plug in, that will work?

I would like to see more HD stuff. Most of the movies are SD.

Pretty good selection in HD too. 53 movies available. (FYI you can rent in HD or SD but you can only buy in SD) Good/semi-good ones include The Princess Bride, Rambo, Rocky (I-IV), Spiderman 1 and 2, Legally Blond, Robocop (I-III), Dances with Wolves, The Terminator (!), The World is not Enough, Cloverfield, Die another Day... Looks like most of the content is from MGM... wierd. Anyway, I did see a few from Warner and lionsgate. Doesn't look like any from Disney yet. (All this is under the HD section, I haven't looked at the SD section in detail yet)

Also, 81 episodes of Family Guy!! (unevenly spread over seasons 1-6. $1.99/episode)
Other shows: Bones, Cops, Deadliest Catch, Futurama, Lost in Space, Most Shocking, Mythbusters (!), Prison break, The Unit, 24 - (looks like complete seasons 1-2, but nothing after).... A decent amount of other, less popular shows. Not a ton, but a respectable amount for a launch...

If anyone expresses interest, I am willing to compile a complete list of content that is at least semi-notable. Reporting for SDF underground, thiiiissss........

is Retrasado

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it