By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has anybody noticed that the PS3 video store is up now?

I got on it last night. Its OK, but not enough content yet.

I noticed that actually accessing the video store is a bit buggy. 1 out of 3 times I signed into the store, the video button was not there. So I left the store and came back, then it was there. It was like it signed me into the old store with no video option. Kind of weird. I also noticed that the search function didn't find a couple things that are in the store. Currently my PS3 is on a 27" CRT TV. The text in the store is small and difficult to read. Is there a way to change the font size for the store?

Overall I like the store. I think the prices are a little high. I don't understand why they are not cheaper than renting an actual disc. It needs more content, but its a decent start.

Around the Network

Can anyone tell me the number of movies and T V shows at launch, and point out any highlights (I live in the UK so can't find out myself but am still interested)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

i thought it would be up in like a few months

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

konnichiwa said:
I wonder what kind of movies will be released every week;..

Now they only need is a music store...

Yep, I'm really hoping and I don't see why they wouldn't implement that later on, maybe next year or something....

OT.

The good: GREAT selection for launch, lots of movies, lots of tv shows, lots of animes, something for everybody and it'll only grow.

The bad: lack of Universal titles, some movies you can either only buy or only rent, some movies are only SD

The ugly: The pricing, though it's the same as with Live, I was hoping for a monthly subscriber fee with unlimited rental downloads because I would have DEFINITELY signed up.

I hate this shit, why do we allways have to wait to get all the new content and shit, its not fair

Around the Network

This video store is going to be awesome for Sony's profitability....they finally have a direct online movie and TV show store, a prescence that they just didn't have beforehand.

This money could possibly go towards something like a price cut or more advertising, up to a 360-level of advertising for the PS3. Either way, good job Sony.

Downloaded an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" (they have every episode for all 3 seasons) It was wide screen SD, copied it over to my PSP. Both Videos worked great and I was pleased with the quality. A compressed TV show was 337 mb.

Not bad since all of my compressed TV shows on my Mediacenter are in Divx and are 500 to 600 mb and only slightly better in quality.

But at 1.99 an episode it can't beat Netflix, where I can get an entire season of a show for a monthy fee of 15 bucks, plus all the BRs I want. Give me a monthy fee and unlimited DLs and I would be more interested.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

iron_megalith said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
iron_megalith said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
They need to get a hold of Viz as well...I want me some Death Note. :)

That'd be pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!

Hell yes! And I called it. ;) But yeah...Xam'd looks interesting...and it's from the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. A PSN exclusive for right now...I should check it out.

Oh!! crap... Bones animated this one! If FMA was fantastic how much more was Coboy Beebop. They did that too. Though I'm thinking this one wouldn't be the same guy who made the story. Ahh.. Who gives a damn!! It's sold!!

Yeah...hang on, I want to make a bet with someone. Don't know who but I bet if it's rented/purchased enough, they're going to make a game out of it. It's exclusive to PSN for now...and I noticed a Japan Studios logo on a preview in the trailer for it. If Sony sees enough people interested in it I'm thinking a game might be made. Just kind of speculating on why it's a PSN exclusive though. >.>

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus