By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

Sony Playstation 2 by a mile. Followed by the PS3.

MGS4!

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Looks like what I am reading here is that 2 out of the 3 systems have to rely on the past to make up for the present gaps.

I think that's pretty much the case, yes. It's pretty much a fact that the 360 has the broadest line-up at the moment. (whether it's the best is up to personal preferences).
But I absolutely love the VC. For me these games are still brilliant. I'm playing Mega Man 2 right now, and it's superb. So it is a major asset.

now that i read the 1st post (lolz)....
i think it's mostly the Wii or maybe the Ps3 (now that Ps2 starts to be replaced by the new consoles)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

I really think the 360 takes this one. Great shooters XBLA some wonderful WRPGS and JRPGS several RTS titles racers like Forza 2 there is just great diversity to the 360's titles in all genres.

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

A BC PS3 will give you the biggest library in both quality and diversity.

Around the Network

Actually the PC has the greatest library considering that it can play pretty much 80% of all PC games ever released + PS2/PS1 + DS+PSP?*dunno* +Genesis/Master system+SNES+NES+N64

I think its no contest.

Tease.

360 out of current gen (headstart really helped)

PS2 last gen

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Squilliam said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

There is a reason I'm making this thread, but we'll save that for after it's gotten a few responses.

Which console do you personally believe has the most diverse line-up/library of quality titles? I do not mean the BEST line-up/library of quality titles, I mean the most diverse. 

Edit:  Out of current generation machines.

Ok, now that you have a few responces, and your answer (BC PS3 will play something like 12,000 games), what is the reason you are making this thread?

P.S. Just in case you wanted to look it up:
http://www.sonyindex.com/

GEAT REAL DUDE!

That level of choice just leads to a massive case of cognitive dissonance that paralyzes the victim. If anyone were to try to pick just 10 games from that list they'd go mad just from the sheer quantity of choice.

For the sake of everyone, we must leave the PS2 out of it!

Actually, a good reason to is because most people here actually own a PS2 so the games are already accounted already.

Why would you want to remove a capability of a console when comparing it's capabilities?

I am sure the reason SC posted this thread, is to say if you want to buy a console for nothing other then games, you are an idiot for buying the PS3. I am just demonstrating why a consumer with a PS3, who plays nothing but games, is not one :)

Oh, and I sold my PS2 for an X-Box early in it's life, so I missed the second half of the PS2 library. It was one of the things I bought the PS3 for. That and it plays PS2 games better then the PS2 (upscaling), so even if you had played PS2 games, you might want to play them again :)

There was really no reason to justify his post with a response Squilliam.

If he'd actualy read the thread he'd know I already answered his original question.

You know, the answer is in every one of your posts if one was to gaze their eyes downward to see it. Everytime you post, you give the answer really (Until you change your signature)

Tease.

Obviously the Xbox 360, but you knew that Starcraft ;)

Its got quantity AND quality - at least relative to the others...still not as high as what I'd like but far better than the competition

...Most multi-platform games play better and look better on the 360 and it also has more exclusives of at least equal quality to anything Sony has...

The reasons for owning a PS3 won't turn up until after Christmas for me (FFXIII\GT5) and then only if they are as good as the hype (could go either way)...do love me RPGs tho...but 360 will have LOADS of them by then.

Burgles said:

Obviously the Xbox 360, but you knew that Starcraft ;)

Its got quantity AND quality - at least relative to the others...still not as high as what I'd like but far better than the competition

...Most multi-platform games play better and look better on the 360 and it also has more exclusives of at least equal quality to anything Sony has...

The reasons for owning a PS3 won't turn up until after Christmas for me (FFXIIIGT5) and then only if they are as good as the hype (could go either way)...do love me RPGs tho...but 360 will have LOADS of them by then.

People keep telling me its a subjective thing.

But its good to see the majority of people in this thread have objectively arrived at the same conclusions:

Home consoles: Xbox 360

Portables: DS

Overall: PC

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS