By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Sure, many people talked about headstarts (DS/Xbox 360) or massive headstarts (PC).  But in the end does it matter WHY a console has a superior level of diversification when it comes to buying one, or does it just matter that it does?

Being that you are taking BC out of the equation, I guess it matters why.

I own both consoles, so I don't really care, but if I am going to drop a large amount of money on a piece of consumer electronics, I take more then one factor into account, and then make my choice.

If you are trying to cherry pick one aspect of the 360 that's better, and then somehow say the console is a better choice, your extremely misguided.

I cherry-picked nothing.

I offered up a question, without giving my personal opinions so as to avoid leading the responses.

If you have an issue with said responses, feel free to take it up with the posters individually via PM or in another thread, or too offer a broad response here in this thread targeted at them.  If you feel you have a more appropriate question to ask than the one I did, start another thread of you're own.

Is that the response MS tells you to say, or are you allowed to deviate from the company line? Saying that this was some sort of subjective poll by you is laughable. I am sure you had your conclusion written before you even posted this thread.

It's beyond me why you ever come here. Never you you engage in discussion about anything. You don't talk about games for the sake of games. You are a corporate puppet for MS. Everything you post is, in some form, MS marketing material.

If MS does not pay you, they should.

Around the Network

If the main reason for buying a console is playing last gen games, why are you even bothering?

Shameless said:
If the main reason for buying a console is playing last gen games, why are you even bothering?

A lot of people never buy a product for only the main reason. If your main reason for buying a new car is gas milage, just buy one over the internet. No need to drive one, just get a Prius.

The reason not everyone drives a Prius, is because many other factors play into a purchase.

I bought my 360 to play games, and to be a media center extender.

I bought the PS3 to play games, BD movies, and to play around with Linix CELL development.

If I had to say what console has the most divers current gen game library, it's the 360. If I had to say what console I would keep if I could only have 1? It would be the PS3.

waron said:
Kurakasa said:
waron said:

yeah you as a 100% 360 fanboy always know better. yeah 360 is better in everything except any game that isn't tps, fps, racer, wester rpg.

so Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Eye of Judgment, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PAIN for ps3 and Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Kameo: Elements of Power, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Culdcept Saga, Ridge Racer 6, Beautiful Katamari for 360 and multiplatform games with average score of 70-80/100 cannot be considered as a quality titles as well. so then 360 have only fpp and tpp shooters, few racers and sport games plus 1-2 fighting, strategy, wester rpg and guitar hero kind of games.

why do you keep saying this bull****? I don't want to interfere with you and kuraskies argement, but come on, use something besides that. it simply isn't true anymore.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

The Wii has the most diverse quality titles, mario party 8, mad world, Mario galaxy, no more heroes, sonic, manhunt 2 super paper Mario fatal frame lV, godfather and scarface nothing comes close to Nintendo.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Playstation 3 i will give current diverse games with one liners. Echochrome not a graphics whore puzzle game on perspective Everyday shooter variety of 7 levels with an addicting guitar music Pixel junk monsters " HURRY BUILD THE TOWERS, THE MONSTERS ARE COMING.' PS1 classics SPYRO Warhawk fly, shoot, melee, grenades, customize and War in a Hawk MGS4 BEST INTERACTIVE MOVIE OUT THIS SUMMER complete with online chokeholds! TEKKEN nothing can beat DEVIL JIN a ton of multiplats. Resistance ZOMG AND A SHOOTER?1 Ratchet ZOMG EVEN A PLATFORMER, THATS FUN??!! And Backwards compatibility (where applicable) that supports 1000+ titles, like God of War, Jak and Daxter, Final Fantasy, Socom, MGS series??!! DONE

Torillian said:
if the massive headstart of the 360 doesn't factor in, then why is it unfair to count the BC abilities of the Ps3? that's basically the same thing, Ps3 got a headstart because of PS2, and as you say, who cares why it has all those games, just that it does.

If we were counting BC, Nintendo would win.

While we are at it why don't we count marketplace games.  And then hell, lets count downloadable movies, since the thread heading is "titles" not games.

At the end of the day, the thread is about current generation games avaliable for current generation systems.  Even though Nintendo has by far the best backward compatibility, its mainly SONY fans bringing BC up in this thread when it clearly isn't relevant.

I wonder why?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Andir said:
Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

What on earth are you going on about?

You came into this thread BEFORE there was a hint of hostility from anyone and began trolling.  Why on earth would I talk about BC in a thread about current-generation gaming?  As for the PC?  I myself claimed that in any overall scaling of title quality and diversity it wins.

Just calm down and read threads before you start attacking people.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Andir said:

LOL.  If you don't like what he thinks, ok, leave him be.  I tend to be of the mind set that if I buy a new console I want to spend my money on new games.  If I want to play old games, I will use an emulator and play them on pc.  I just revisited Earthbound the other day on an emulator.