By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

There is a reason I'm making this thread, but we'll save that for after it's gotten a few responses.

Which console do you personally believe has the most diverse line-up/library of quality titles? I do not mean the BEST line-up/library of quality titles, I mean the most diverse. 

Edit:  Out of current generation machines.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

PS2.

yeah ps2 for sure but i should so it been out for 7 years

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

It's pretty obvious that the answer is the xbox 360. It has the most games and has massive 3rd party support; something that the other 2 systems don't have. The Wii has a lot of games, but only the ones produced by Nintendo are any good. Th PS3 just has a weak line up all around. What the PS3 does have is a lot of "potential", so the fanboys say; the proof is in the sales. The 360 is targeted at the average gamer so that include an array of titles of all kinds.

FPS: Halo 3, Gears, Bioshock and so on.
RPG: Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, and soon to be Star Ocean and Tales of Vespa
My personal favorite, Fighting: DoA 4, Virtual Fighter 5, Burst Limit
Adventure: Ninja Gaiden II, Iron Man
Sports: all kinds but I don't play them lol

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Oh, of the current ones? Probaly 360 gets that title - Although having an extra year's worth of games defenitly helps.

My previous post is excluding the PS2, thinking of only next gen consoles. However, the PS2 does win if included.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

It is the DS!

As far as I'm concerned the PS2 is still being updated and sold... so I think it falls in the equation. I am almost 99.99% sure the Gamecube was discontinued and the XBox I know for sure was.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

fkusumot said:

It is the DS!

Spot on.

2D Platformer: NSMB and Sonic

3D Platformer: Super Mario 64DS

FPS: Metroid Prime Hunters and CoD4

Puzzles: Tetris DS, Prof Layton and Puzzle Quest

Music: Guitar Hero DS and EBA

Action: TWEWY

Adventure: Phantom hourglass

RPG's: FF3, FF4, soon to be DQ9