By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

PC, or DS

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
The Wii has the most diverse quality titles. Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes are on the same system. Enough said.

Not really. Ratchet & Clank and Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3, or Kameo and Saints Row for the 360 (not counting GTA4). Then again, you might consider No More Heroes not to be Sandbox, in which case it might fall into one of those non-descript genres that the PS3 and 360 have tons of anyways.

Kowenicki and Bobo: Stop fighting or you're both going to be in trouble.

godfather and scarface say Hi!

Xbox 360

waron said:
MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:
The Wii has the most diverse quality titles. Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes are on the same system. Enough said.

Not really. Ratchet & Clank and Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3, or Kameo and Saints Row for the 360 (not counting GTA4). Then again, you might consider No More Heroes not to be Sandbox, in which case it might fall into one of those non-descript genres that the PS3 and 360 have tons of anyways.

Godfather is on the PS3 and 360 as well. As for Scarface, it can be played on the PS2, Xbox, or PS3 with backwards compatibility. And neither games got scores as high as Saints Row or the main GTA games.

waron said:

yeah you as a 100% 360 fanboy always know better. yeah 360 is better in everything except any game that isn't tps, fps, racer, wester rpg.

so Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Eye of Judgment, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PAIN for ps3 and Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Kameo: Elements of Power, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Culdcept Saga, Ridge Racer 6, Beautiful Katamari for 360 and multiplatform games with average score of 70-80/100 cannot be considered as a quality titles as well. so then 360 have only fpp and tpp shooters, few racers and sport games plus 1-2 fighting, strategy, wester rpg and guitar hero kind of games.

Blahblah. Does it make me a fanboy if I state a fact? :) My point was that if you consider a score as low as 70 to be quality, 360 kicks wii's ass 210-70 or something like that. 360 is better on everything, except platformers which can stay on wii for good. They are not for 360 owners. :)

Well you can choose any score and 360 will still win.

That is actually quite funny, there are about 90 games on 360 which score 80 or more on metacritic. I think that there are a bit more genres there than those "shooters,racers,sports,fighting,strategy,wrpg and rhythm games". But of course,you can't be bothered to take a look. You just go on with your fanboy rants. I understand that it is much easier to check wii games (20 or something) than 360..

Around the Network
waron said:
MontanaHatchet said:
amp316 said:

Multi-Platform says "hi". 

If you're going to name games, make sure they're not multi-plat.  It makes you look silly, and only strengthens the argument that the Wii doesn't have the most diverse line-up.

Honestly, they're all lacking diversity in the quality titles they provide ...

I would say that the Wii has a slight edge in diversity at the expense of depth in a lot of genres; this is mainly caused by the diversity that Nintendo brings to the library alone ... Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, and Mario Kart are all games which are all very good games in different genres.

Basically, if you eliminate Shooters, Sports games and racing games the HD console's line-up becomes pretty sparse; in contrast you can't really decimate the Wii's line-up with the removal of a couple of genres, but they probably only have a couple of good games in each genre.

MontanaHatchet said:
Fkusumot: No, no I don't.

That's a shame. There's the two Jump! Super Stars titles, Bleach and Mortal Kombat. I'm not a fan of fighting games but as far as fighting games go those ones are just fine.

Am Gonna say

DS > PS3 > Wii > PSP > 360

360 may have the most for home consoles, but most of it in generall looks really similar. Heck thier western rpg exclusives look like thier shooters!

4 ≈ One

HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, they're all lacking diversity in the quality titles they provide ...

I would say that the Wii has a slight edge in diversity at the expense of depth in a lot of genres; this is mainly caused by the diversity that Nintendo brings to the library alone ... Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, and Mario Kart are all games which are all very good games in different genres.

Basically, if you eliminate Shooters, Sports games and racing games the HD console's line-up becomes pretty sparse; in contrast you can't really decimate the Wii's line-up with the removal of a couple of genres, but they probably only have a couple of good games in each genre.

Well, I did that. Picked up 80+ games on metacritic and removed shooters,sports games and racing games. (Can't be sure about all of them, but this should be close enough to prove a point):

1     Grand Theft Auto IV 
2     Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The    
3     Rock Band    
4     Guitar Hero II
5     Mass Effect    
6     Rez HD    
7     Castlevania: Symphony of the Night    
8     Burnout Revenge    
9     Virtua Fighter 5        
10   Ikaruga        
11     Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords    
12     Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, The    
13     Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved        
14     Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine, The        
15     Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock    
16     Dead or Alive 4    
17     Dead Rising    
18     Bomberman Live    
19     Viva Pinata    
20     Devil May Cry 4    
21     Civilization Revolution    
22     Pac-Man Championship Edition    
23     N+        
24     Crackdown    
25     Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix        
26     Marvel: Ultimate Alliance    
27     Hitman: Blood Money    
28     Prince of Persia Classic        
29     Football Manager
30     Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars    
31     Sonic the Hedgehog 2        
32     Condemned: Criminal Origins        
33     Football Manager 2006    
34     Assassin's Creed    
35     Saints Row    
36     LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy        
37     Ninja Gaiden II    
38     Soulcalibur    
39     Uno    
40     Roogoo        
41     Poker Smash    
42     Condemned 2: Bloodshot    
43     Catan        
44     WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007    
45     Cloning Clyde    
46     Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation    
47     Bully: Scholarship Edition        
48     Tomb Raider: Legend    
49     Peter Jackson's King Kong        
50     LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Do the same for the wii and remove platformers, adventure games and shooters. Which one had the sparse lineup again? :)