By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

wii or ds for sure
WII:
(only 70+/100 score on metacritic)
fighting - super smash bros brawl, guilty gear XX, naruto: clash of the ninja, dragon ball z: budokai tenkaichi 2 & 3, mortal kombat armageddon,
plaformer - super mario galaxy, lost winds, death jr.,
party game - warioware, rayman raving rabbids,
music(or rhythm) game - guitar hero 3, dance dance revolution
fps - metroid prime 3, medal of honor heroes 2,
shooter - blast works, geometry wars: galaxies, resident evil umbrella chronicles, metal slug anthology,
action - resident evil 4, no more heroes, bully, godfather, elebits, super monkey ball, scarface,
adventure - legend of zelda: twilight princess, okami, zack & wiki, tomb raider anniversary, prince of persia rival swords
racing - mario kart, excite truck, mx vs atv untamed
puzzle - boom blox, mercury meltdown, puzzle quest,
rpg - super paper mario, marvel ultimate allinace,
jrpg - chocobo's dungeon,
simulation - trauma center 1 & 2, final fantasy: my life as a king, endless ocean,
sports - mlb power pros, PES 2008, NFL 07 and 08, wii fit, mario strikers charged, wii sports, we love golf, ssx blur, tiger woods 07 & 08, super swing golf, sega super stars tennis, super swing golf 2,
strategy - fire emblem, battalion wars 2, harvest moon,

DS:
(only 75+/100 score on metacritic)
fighting - jump ultimate stars, bleach games,
plaformer - new super mario bros, kirby canvas curse, super mario 64, sonic rush games, yoshi's island,
party game - wario ware,
music(or rhythm) game - elite beat agents, guiter hero on tour,
fps - metroid prime hunters,
shooter - bangai-o spirits, space invaders extreme, geometry wars,
action - ninja gaiden dragon swords, mega man games, contra 4,
adventure - legend of zelda phantom hourglass, castlevania games, professor layton games, dragon quest spinoffs, phoenix wright games,hotel dusk,
racing - mario kart, race driver, speed racer,
puzzle - meteos, tetris, picross, puzzle quest, soul bubbles, puyo pop fever,
rpg - mario & luigi partners in time, animal crossing games, pokemon games,
jrpg - world ends with you, etrian odyssey games, lunar knights, final fantasy games, rune factory,
sports - tony hawk games, tiger woods games, fifa soccer games,
strategy - advance wars games, final fantasy tactics, worms open warfare 2, age of empires, 1701AD, yu-gi-oh world championship,
simulation - nintendogs, trauma center games

i didn't even add all the games to those lists.

Around the Network

DS.

PC > DS > 360 > wii > ps3

Its funny that the two top aren't "home consoles".

PS3 with wii a close second:

FPS: PS3/360 (Resistance 1+2, Killzone 2/Halo 3, Bioshock)
TPS:PS3 (Socom, MGS4)
RPG: 360/PS3 (Tales, IU, Fable 2, Star Ocean/FF 13, FF vs. 13, White Knight Chornicles, Disgaea 3
Adventure:Wii (Zelda)
Strategy: Wii/PS3 (Fire Emblem/Disgaea 3, Pixeljunk Monsters OH YEAH!)
Platform: PS3/Wii (Littlebigplanet/Galaxy)
Racing: PS3 (Motorstorm 1+PR, Gran Turismo Prologue+HD)

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

i think Wii as well, the only Ps2 game i had interest in was SoulCalibur 3 and GTA San Andreas, and for GC the Tales of Symphonia

now with Wii i have more interest in gaming than before, so i think Wii has the best games, most Wii games could suck on Ps2 but on Wii their are far better because of the controls....

the Wii has the most crappy games as well, but it also has the best!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Around the Network

Ahh...Diversity, AKA, the only race 360 can win, since it's been out the longest. Cuz it sure as hell ain't sales.

OT: 360

Leni said:
i think Wii as well, the only Ps2 game i had interest in was SoulCalibur 3 and GTA San Andreas, and for GC the Tales of Symphonia

now with Wii i have more interest in gaming than before, so i think Wii has the best games, most Wii games could suck on Ps2 but on Wii their are far better because of the controls....

the Wii has the most crappy games as well, but it also has the best!!

Wow, did you even attempt to read the first post?

60gig ps3 = ps3 games + ps2 games + ps1 games = >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

Currently DS, 360 is currently second due to its year extra but I dont think that will last to long soon it will be DS Wii/PS3 then 360.

kowenicki said:
anyway..whats was your point starcraft?

Someone in another thread said the PS3 had a far superior diversity of games than the Xbox 360 and the Wii.

Certainly with MGS4 and GTAIV the PS3 has now got some good games.  But more diverse?

I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me that thought that was complete crap without leading the discussion and prejudicing the results.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS