By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

Its clear its the PS3.

It has pretty much the same games as the 360 bar some RPGs.

On the other hand it has way more diversity with games as Singstar ,Buzz ,Eco Chrome ,Ratchet and Clank (360 hasnt got a single plattformer) or the unique Eye of Judgement.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Its clear its the PS3.

On the other hand it has way more diversity with games as Singstar ,Buzz ,Eco Chrome ,Ratchet and Clank (360 hasnt got a single plattformer) or the unique Eye of Judgement.

Don't lie, 360 has at least few platformers, according to vgchartz. :) Simpsons, lego star wars. I think acme arsenal was a platformer too.. :) 360 has "buzz" too, it is called scene it.

The DS has a lot of diversity but it lacks in quality.

I'll probably say the 360.

HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, they're all lacking diversity in the quality titles they provide ...

I would say that the Wii has a slight edge in diversity at the expense of depth in a lot of genres; this is mainly caused by the diversity that Nintendo brings to the library alone ... Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, and Mario Kart are all games which are all very good games in different genres.

Basically, if you eliminate Shooters, Sports games and racing games the HD console's line-up becomes pretty sparse; in contrast you can't really decimate the Wii's line-up with the removal of a couple of genres, but they probably only have a couple of good games in each genre.

I cant believe how  biased you are.

Lets see :

Super Mario Galaxy..........Ratchet and Clank

The Legend of Zelda ........Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Metal Gear Solid 4

Super Smash Bros .............Virtua Fighter 5,Tekken DR ,Dragonball Z Burst Limit

Metroid Prime 3..................COD 4 ,Resistence ,Army of Two,Unreal III,Battlefield Bad Company

Mario Strikers Charged...............Fifa 08 ,PES2008

Fire Emblem............................Oblivion

Batallion Wars........................Civilization Revolution

Mario Kart..............................Burnout Paradise ,Motorstorm ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Now tell me the Wii has more diversity that the PS3.Take in count Eco Chrome ,Warhawk ,Heavenly Sword ,Devil May Cry 4,Time Crisis 4 ,GTA IV ,Eye of Judgement ,Buzz the MegaQuiz ,Singstar.

The Wii has the worst lineup by miles.The PS3 and 360 are pretty even(most of the difference in gamerankings is because of older version of EAs sports games that had two iterations on the 360 before the PS3 arrived and some Live Arcade games) but I would give the diversity edge to the PS3 even if the 360 has a slighty superior library right now.THe PS3 just has genres as Singstar ,Buzz ,Eye of Judgement ,Trials of Topoq and many other PS Eye games.

Kurakasa said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Its clear its the PS3.

Don't lie, 360 has at least few platformers, according to vgchartz. :) Simpsons, lego star wars. I think acme arsenal was a platformer too.. :) 360 has "buzz" too, it is called scene it.

I think we were speaking of good games.The PS3 has too Lego Star Wars ,Indiana Jones Lego and The SImpsons ,but these games are very average.The quality comes with Ratchet and Clank ,and the 360 hasnt got a plattaformer that can compete with this.And the 360 has Scene It ...but its just a pale version of Buzz ,without the charm and the online features of the Sony game.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Leni said:
i think Wii as well, the only Ps2 game i had interest in was SoulCalibur 3 and GTA San Andreas, and for GC the Tales of Symphonia

now with Wii i have more interest in gaming than before, so i think Wii has the best games, most Wii games could suck on Ps2 but on Wii their are far better because of the controls....

the Wii has the most crappy games as well, but it also has the best!!

Wow, did you even attempt to read the first post?

for god's sake, i didn't.....  my mistake!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Diomedes1976 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, they're all lacking diversity in the quality titles they provide ...

I would say that the Wii has a slight edge in diversity at the expense of depth in a lot of genres; this is mainly caused by the diversity that Nintendo brings to the library alone ... Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, and Mario Kart are all games which are all very good games in different genres.

Basically, if you eliminate Shooters, Sports games and racing games the HD console's line-up becomes pretty sparse; in contrast you can't really decimate the Wii's line-up with the removal of a couple of genres, but they probably only have a couple of good games in each genre.

I cant believe how  biased you are.

Lets see :

Super Mario Galaxy ..........Ratchet and Clank

The Legend of Zelda, Okami, Zack & Wiki ........Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Metal Gear Solid 4

Super Smash Bros, Bleach, DragonballZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 .............Virtua Fighter 5,Tekken DR ,Dragonball Z Burst Limit

Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, Resident Evil UC ..................COD 4 ,Resistence ,Army of Two,Unreal III,Battlefield Bad Company, etc, etc, etc

Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, PES08, Power Pros 08 ...............Fifa 08 ,PES2008

Fire Emblem ............................Oblivion, Folklore

Batallion Wars, Fire Emblem ........................Civilization Revolution

Mario Kart, Excite Truck ..............................Burnout Paradise ,Motorstorm ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

non, they are all crap

If you're only considering consoles, and considering backwards compatibility, the 80GB PS3 is the clear winner, as you can play the entire PS2 library (the games you cannot play are *really* rare these days, as Sony continues to improve its BC), plus PS3 games.

I'd put the Wii in the #2 spot for a similar reason: the GC had a lot of great games, which you can find cheap, and frankly, they aren't much different from current-gen Wii titles.

The 360 has the best "current-gen" lineup, but its BC selection would be medicore even if the entire XBox library was supported, which is isn't... not even close. Overall I'd have to put it in a near 3rd, right behind the Wii.

Nothing even comes close to the BC PS3s, if you consider their vast PS2 library diversity.