By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

Right now the 360, but that is only because its been on the market longer. Also in some genres it fails, such as platformers 3d and 2d, or puzzles. At the end of this generation I see the wii to have a more diverse lineup, similarly to the DS'. The only thing I don't see the wii getting is FPS, TPS, Wrpgs. Everything else I see coming though.

Around the Network
waron said:
wii or ds for sure
WII:
(only 70+/100 score on metacritic)
fighting - super smash bros brawl, guilty gear XX, naruto: clash of the ninja, dragon ball z: budokai tenkaichi 2 & 3, mortal kombat armageddon,
plaformer - super mario galaxy, lost winds, death jr.,
party game - warioware, rayman raving rabbids,
music(or rhythm) game - guitar hero 3, dance dance revolution
fps - metroid prime 3, medal of honor heroes 2,
shooter - blast works, geometry wars: galaxies, resident evil umbrella chronicles, metal slug anthology,
action - resident evil 4, no more heroes, bully, godfather, elebits, super monkey ball, scarface,
adventure - legend of zelda: twilight princess, okami, zack & wiki, tomb raider anniversary, prince of persia rival swords
racing - mario kart, excite truck, mx vs atv untamed
puzzle - boom blox, mercury meltdown, puzzle quest,
rpg - super paper mario, marvel ultimate allinace,
jrpg - chocobo's dungeon,
simulation - trauma center 1 & 2, final fantasy: my life as a king, endless ocean,
sports - mlb power pros, PES 2008, NFL 07 and 08, wii fit, mario strikers charged, wii sports, we love golf, ssx blur, tiger woods 07 & 08, super swing golf, sega super stars tennis, super swing golf 2,
strategy - fire emblem, battalion wars 2, harvest moon,

i didn't even add all the games to those lists.

Yeah, you left like 8 games out of that list. If you use metacritic 70+ games as "quality titles", your post fails. I think only category which wii has more "quality titles" than 360 are the platformers. Well, I don't know about fighters but I guess most of those you listed are as much fighters as ninja gaiden. :/

The DS DEFINITELY is not the system with diversity. In my opinion, diversity in videogame consoles would be having the different genres spread as evenly as possible amongst your gaming library. I've only heard people name a couple of shooter games on the DS, and let's face it, they don't match up to the number of platformers or pet games anyways.

Discounting the PC, I'd go with...the PSP! It has tons of shooters like Tom Clancy, Killzone, SOCOM, and Star Wars Battlefront. With platforming it has Ratchet & Clank, Daxter, Patapon, and Loco Roco. For racers it has Need for Speed, Midnight Club, and Burnout. On the Adventure front it's lacking, but it still has Myst, Lego Indiana Jones, King Kong, and MediEVil Resurrection. On the fighting front (which I don't think it even exists on the DS) it has Tekken, WWE Smackdown, Mortal Kombat, and Naruto. With Sports games, it has a huge number of them with many that you probably wouldn't find on the DS. With Strategy games, I'd say it's definitely weaker than the DS. It still has games like Metal Gear Acid however, and a couple of Strategy RPGs. With Puzzle games it has Lumines, Lemmings, Echochrome, Crush, and a bunch of other games which I'd have to look up instead of using the database (the DS definitely wins in this category though).

I could run down a whole list, but the PSP managed to appeal to audiences who would like to play their console games on the go, which is why it got a lot of ports of shooters and some sports games. Not only that, but the PSP had humongous third party support at first which later dwindled (which allowed it to have a large back library of games), and the DS is the exact opposite (developers took a while to come but they did in huge numbers).

Not that the DS isn't diverse (it has lots of different games in tons of different genres) but its library is dominated by casual games, puzzle, or minigame titles whereas the PSP's library is a bit more even across the board.

kowenicki said:
Bobo012893 said:

PS3 with wii a close second:

FPS: PS3/360 (Resistance 1+2, Killzone 2/Halo 3, Bioshock)
TPS:PS3 (Socom, MGS4)
RPG: 360/PS3 (Tales, IU, Fable 2, Star Ocean/FF 13, FF vs. 13, White Knight Chornicles, Disgaea 3
Adventure:Wii (Zelda)
Strategy: Wii/PS3 (Fire Emblem/Disgaea 3, Pixeljunk Monsters OH YEAH!)
Platform: PS3/Wii (Littlebigplanet/Galaxy)
Racing: PS3 (Motorstorm 1+PR, Gran Turismo Prologue+HD)

Failed post... half of those titles arent even out yet.  you are the only one to have said PS3 so far and are clearly deluded.

he said line-up/library which means presently released games and games coming out in the future. So in actuality your post failed.

WHO'S DELUDED NOW BIOTCH

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

The Wii has the most diverse quality titles. Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes are on the same system. Enough said.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Bobo012893 said:
kowenicki said:
Bobo012893 said:

PS3 with wii a close second:

FPS: PS3/360 (Resistance 1+2, Killzone 2/Halo 3, Bioshock)
TPS:PS3 (Socom, MGS4)
RPG: 360/PS3 (Tales, IU, Fable 2, Star Ocean/FF 13, FF vs. 13, White Knight Chornicles, Disgaea 3
Adventure:Wii (Zelda)
Strategy: Wii/PS3 (Fire Emblem/Disgaea 3, Pixeljunk Monsters OH YEAH!)
Platform: PS3/Wii (Littlebigplanet/Galaxy)
Racing: PS3 (Motorstorm 1+PR, Gran Turismo Prologue+HD)

Failed post... half of those titles arent even out yet.  you are the only one to have said PS3 so far and are clearly deluded.

he said line-up/library which means presently released games and games coming out in the future. So in actuality your post failed.

WHO'S DELUDED NOW BIOTCH

you are.  as you are still the only PS3 advocate.

you're an advocate of taking it in the ass

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

amp316 said:
The Wii has the most diverse quality titles. Super Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes are on the same system. Enough said.

Not really. Ratchet & Clank and Grand Theft Auto 4 for the PS3, or Kameo and Saints Row for the 360 (not counting GTA4). Then again, you might consider No More Heroes not to be Sandbox, in which case it might fall into one of those non-descript genres that the PS3 and 360 have tons of anyways.

Kowenicki and Bobo: Stop fighting or you're both going to be in trouble.

MontanaHatchet said:
The DS DEFINITELY is not the system with diversity. In my opinion, diversity in videogame consoles would be having the different genres spread as evenly as possible amongst your gaming library. I've only heard people name a couple of shooter games on the DS, and let's face it, they don't match up to the number of platformers or pet games anyways.

Discounting the PC, I'd go with...the PSP! It has tons of shooters like Tom Clancy, Killzone, SOCOM, and Star Wars Battlefront. With platforming it has Ratchet & Clank, Daxter, Patapon, and Loco Roco. For racers it has Need for Speed, Midnight Club, and Burnout. On the Adventure front it's lacking, but it still has Myst, Lego Indiana Jones, King Kong, and MediEVil Resurrection. On the fighting front (which I don't think it even exists on the DS) it has Tekken, WWE Smackdown, Mortal Kombat, and Naruto. With Sports games, it has a huge number of them with many that you probably wouldn't find on the DS. With Strategy games, I'd say it's definitely weaker than the DS. It still has games like Metal Gear Acid however, and a couple of Strategy RPGs. With Puzzle games it has Lumines, Lemmings, Echochrome, Crush, and a bunch of other games which I'd have to look up instead of using the database (the DS definitely wins in this category though).

I could run down a whole list, but the PSP managed to appeal to audiences who would like to play their console games on the go, which is why it got a lot of ports of shooters and some sports games. Not only that, but the PSP had humongous third party support at first which later dwindled (which allowed it to have a large back library of games), and the DS is the exact opposite (developers took a while to come but they did in huge numbers).

Not that the DS isn't diverse (it has lots of different games in tons of different genres) but its library is dominated by casual games, puzzle, or minigame titles whereas the PSP's library is a bit more even across the board.

You don't seem to be very familiar with the DS lineup.

Or maybe you just don't play Japanese games.

Fkusumot: No, no I don't.

Kurakasa said:
waron said:
wii or ds for sure
WII:
(only 70+/100 score on metacritic)
fighting - super smash bros brawl, guilty gear XX, naruto: clash of the ninja, dragon ball z: budokai tenkaichi 2 & 3, mortal kombat armageddon,
plaformer - super mario galaxy, lost winds, death jr.,
party game - warioware, rayman raving rabbids,
music(or rhythm) game - guitar hero 3, dance dance revolution
fps - metroid prime 3, medal of honor heroes 2,
shooter - blast works, geometry wars: galaxies, resident evil umbrella chronicles, metal slug anthology,
action - resident evil 4, no more heroes, bully, godfather, elebits, super monkey ball, scarface,
adventure - legend of zelda: twilight princess, okami, zack & wiki, tomb raider anniversary, prince of persia rival swords
racing - mario kart, excite truck, mx vs atv untamed
puzzle - boom blox, mercury meltdown, puzzle quest,
rpg - super paper mario, marvel ultimate allinace,
jrpg - chocobo's dungeon,
simulation - trauma center 1 & 2, final fantasy: my life as a king, endless ocean,
sports - mlb power pros, PES 2008, NFL 07 and 08, wii fit, mario strikers charged, wii sports, we love golf, ssx blur, tiger woods 07 & 08, super swing golf, sega super stars tennis, super swing golf 2,
strategy - fire emblem, battalion wars 2, harvest moon,

i didn't even add all the games to those lists.

Yeah, you left like 8 games out of that list. If you use metacritic 70+ games as "quality titles", your post fails. I think only category which wii has more "quality titles" than 360 are the platformers. Well, I don't know about fighters but I guess most of those you listed are as much fighters as ninja gaiden. :/

yeah you as a 100% 360 fanboy always know better. yeah 360 is better in everything except any game that isn't tps, fps, racer, wester rpg.

so Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Eye of Judgment, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PAIN for ps3 and Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Kameo: Elements of Power, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Culdcept Saga, Ridge Racer 6, Beautiful Katamari for 360 and multiplatform games with average score of 70-80/100 cannot be considered as a quality titles as well. so then 360 have only fpp and tpp shooters, few racers and sport games plus 1-2 fighting, strategy, wester rpg and guitar hero kind of games.