By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

starcraft said:

There is a reason I'm making this thread,

Trolling would be my first guess.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

If you are going for diversity AND quality look no further than the wii. What other console offers games so far apart on the diversity spectrum?
Who else can offer Super Mario Galaxy, No more Heroes, Red Steel, Smash Brothers Brawl, Warioware: Smooth moves, Twilight Princess, Excite truck, Metroid Prime 3... all of these games are AAA and very diverse.

PS3 has a far superior diversity of games than the Xbox 360 and the Wii.

Andir said:
starcraft said:

Thankyou for trying to contribute to my thread.

IF you would like to speculate as to the most diverse library in the current generation of machines please do so.

If not, please discontinue posting here.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The PC.

If this is a usual "PC doesn't count!" thread, then either the DS or the 360, but both benefit from having been out the longest. Or do they not count because they've had considerably more time on the market? I always get confused what the rules are in these types of threads. Usually it just depends on the who the original poster is, and what point he's trying to make.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

The PC.

If this is a usual "PC doesn't count!" thread, then either the DS or the 360, but both benefit from having been out the longest. Or do they not count because they've had considerably more time on the market? I always get confused what the rules are in these types of threads. Usually it just depends on the who the original poster is, and what point he's trying to make.

I would consider the PC a given.  Truthfully this thread is looking at home consoles more than anything else though, so I'll note you down for 360.  Let's face it, in handhelds there is no competition.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Of all current platforms the DS is the only answer.

For the home consoles probably 360, but Wii comes close in diversity, not in quantity.

FPS: 360 (by far)
3PS: 360 (Gears)
RPG: 360 (only platform with RPG's)
Adventure: Wii (Zelda, Zack & Wiki)
Strategy: Wii or PS3 (depends if you prefer Fire Emblem or Disgaea)
Puzzle: Wii (Mercury Meltdown, Monkey Ball etc)
Platform: Wii (Galaxy)
Racing: 360 (but PS3 comes close)

So that's equal, but since Wii seriously lacks in the FPS/3PS department, 360 wins, cause it has good games in every genre.

PS2 for sure its have so many quality titles.

starcraft said:
Andir said:
starcraft said:

Thankyou for trying to contribute to my thread.

IF you would like to speculate as to the most diverse library in the current generation of machines please do so.

If not, please discontinue posting here.

I already posted my opinion... though since I didn't say 360 I'm sure you completely ignored it.  Also, nice way to completely change someone's vote from PC to 360.  They are so much alike ... /rolleyes

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

My finally answer is Xbox 360. No doubt, its everything ''Xbox'' wasnt.
Big library that grows fast. The only genre that isnt well filled is platformers, but with Banjo (Well huh), and some other games thats not full platformers, imo, its a library for everyone.
FPS, RPG, RTS, Racing, TP/Action,/Horror and it goes on.

And yeah, if DOA 5 comes, and makes the real step, i concider the figthing genre as strong also.