By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

^^Actually if you are considering that, Wii would be because of the VC.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

The VC games on the Wii don't even come close to filling the gap between the number of PS3+PS2+PS1 games and the number of Wii+GC games.  Not by a longshot.  In addition, the GC and PS2's game libraries are pretty decent to this day, whereas the PS1 and VC games are really... aging.

If you wanted to purchase a console for maximum diversity for all available games... you would buy a 80GB PS3, without question.  There is no comparison.  There are a lot of great GC games... but... the PS2's game library outnumbers/outdiversifies the Wii+GC+VC library even without the addition of PS3 and PS1 titles.

Mifely said:
JaggedSac said:

The VC games on the Wii don't even come close to filling the gap between the number of PS3+PS2+PS1 games and the number of Wii+GC games.  Not by a longshot.  In addition, the GC and PS2's game libraries are pretty decent to this day, whereas the PS1 and VC games are really... aging.

If you wanted to purchase a console for maximum diversity for all available games... you would buy a 80GB PS3, without question.  There is no comparison -- I have a good 30 GC games for my Wii (and maybe 10 Wii games), but the number of PS2 games I have (and don't have) for my PS3 is downright staggering by comparison.

You DO KNOW that SNES+NES+Genesis+N64+... games > PS+PS2+PS3 games right? And in diversity of course.

routsounmanman said:
Mifely said:
JaggedSac said:

If you wanted to purchase a console for maximum diversity for all available games... you would buy a 80GB PS3, without question.  There is no comparison -- I have a good 30 GC games for my Wii (and maybe 10 Wii games), but the number of PS2 games I have (and don't have) for my PS3 is downright staggering by comparison.

You DO KNOW that SNES+NES+Genesis+N64+... games > PS+PS2+PS3 games right? And in diversity of course.

Are all the SNES,NES,Genesis,N64 games available on the VC of the Wii?  Last I checked the number of those titles *actually* available was... pretty slim relative to the entire available libraries of those systems.

Almost the entire PS2 and PS1 libraries are already available on any BC PS3.  I don't think we can discuss "future availability" on this topic.

ils411 said:
60gig ps3 = ps3 games + ps2 games + ps1 games = >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all

This is, without question, the correct answer. being you did not specify current gen games, only current gen consoles, there is nothing on the market that plays the same number of diverse, quality games, as a BC PS3.

Around the Network
Shameless said:

The DS has a lot of diversity but it lacks in quality.

This is a shameless untruth!

starcraft said:

There is a reason I'm making this thread, but we'll save that for after it's gotten a few responses.

Which console do you personally believe has the most diverse line-up/library of quality titles? I do not mean the BEST line-up/library of quality titles, I mean the most diverse. 

Edit:  Out of current generation machines.

Ok, now that you have a few responces, and your answer (BC PS3 will play something like 12,000 games), what is the reason you are making this thread?

P.S. Just in case you wanted to look it up:
http://www.sonyindex.com/

im going to have to go with wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The Wii has the most.

The PS360 has a lot of diversity too, but they're overshadowed but shooters and a few others.

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

There is a reason I'm making this thread, but we'll save that for after it's gotten a few responses.

Which console do you personally believe has the most diverse line-up/library of quality titles? I do not mean the BEST line-up/library of quality titles, I mean the most diverse. 

Edit:  Out of current generation machines.

Ok, now that you have a few responces, and your answer (BC PS3 will play something like 12,000 games), what is the reason you are making this thread?

P.S. Just in case you wanted to look it up:
http://www.sonyindex.com/

GEAT REAL DUDE!

That level of choice just leads to a massive case of cognitive dissonance that paralyzes the victim. If anyone were to try to pick just 10 games from that list they'd go mad just from the sheer quantity of choice.

For the sake of everyone, we must leave the PS2 out of it!

Actually, a good reason to is because most people here actually own a PS2 so the games are already accounted already.

Tease.