By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

Squilliam said:

You know, the answer is in every one of your posts if one was to gaze their eyes downward to see it. Everytime you post, you give the answer really (Until you change your signature)

There are some that will fight tooth and nail to tell you why every title listed by Metacritic for the Xbox 360 in my signature is based on flawed logic, but that the PS3 games represented and many not represented are there by god-given right.

Strange people

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Burgles said:

Obviously the Xbox 360, but you knew that Starcraft ;)

Its got quantity AND quality - at least relative to the others...still not as high as what I'd like but far better than the competition

...Most multi-platform games play better and look better on the 360 and it also has more exclusives of at least equal quality to anything Sony has...

The reasons for owning a PS3 won't turn up until after Christmas for me (FFXIIIGT5) and then only if they are as good as the hype (could go either way)...do love me RPGs tho...but 360 will have LOADS of them by then.

People keep telling me its a subjective thing.

But its good to see the majority of people in this thread have objectively arrived at the same conclusions:

Home consoles: Xbox 360

Portables: DS

Overall: PC

Amazing that you can look at this thread, and come to that conclusion... You could have gotten a thousand Wii/PS3 responses to 10 360, and you would have posted the same conclusion. Your a piece of work. I really do hope MS pays you well.

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
Burgles said:

Obviously the Xbox 360, but you knew that Starcraft ;)

Its got quantity AND quality - at least relative to the others...still not as high as what I'd like but far better than the competition

...Most multi-platform games play better and look better on the 360 and it also has more exclusives of at least equal quality to anything Sony has...

The reasons for owning a PS3 won't turn up until after Christmas for me (FFXIIIGT5) and then only if they are as good as the hype (could go either way)...do love me RPGs tho...but 360 will have LOADS of them by then.

People keep telling me its a subjective thing.

But its good to see the majority of people in this thread have objectively arrived at the same conclusions:

Home consoles: Xbox 360

Portables: DS

Overall: PC

body{margin:8px}.tr-field{font:normal x-small arial}Amazing that you can look at this thread, and come to that conclusion... You could have gotten a thousand Wii/PS3 responses to 10 360, and you would have posted the same conclusion. Your a piece of work. I really do hope MS pays you well.

Many people included responses along the lines of "but it has BC, I swear that counts."  I haven't actually done a thread count, but I'm pretty sure even if I did count those BS responses I'd still come up with the above results.

Sure, many people talked about headstarts (DS/Xbox 360) or massive headstarts (PC).  But in the end does it matter WHY a console has a superior level of diversification when it comes to buying one, or does it just matter that it does?

I'd have to say that the PS360 are pretty even. I'd prolly have to lean a little bit toward the 360 but they both offer great games and even greater exclusives. The Wii just doesn't have the diversity of the HD consoles. But that also doesn't mean that their game lineup is bad by any means. The software totals can tell us that

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

starcraft said:

Sure, many people talked about headstarts (DS/Xbox 360) or massive headstarts (PC).  But in the end does it matter WHY a console has a superior level of diversification when it comes to buying one, or does it just matter that it does?

Being that you are taking BC out of the equation, I guess to you it matters why.

I own both consoles, so I don't really care, but if I am going to drop a large amount of money on a piece of consumer electronics, I take more then one factor into account, and then make my choice.

If you are trying to cherry pick one aspect of the 360 that's better, and then somehow say the console is a better choice, your extremely misguided.

Around the Network
Tigawoods said:

I'd have to say that the PS360 are pretty even. I'd prolly have to lean a little bit toward the 360 but they both offer great games and even greater exclusives. The Wii just doesn't have the diversity of the HD consoles. But that also doesn't mean that their game lineup is bad by any means. The software totals can tell us that

Lol.

@Kurakasa and Diomedes1976

I thought everyone was insisting that the games were exclusive games released on disc ... why don't you redo your lists without the games that were released on another console or PC (and without the games released for download) and see how 'diverse' the line-ups are.

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

Being that you are taking BC out of the equation, I guess it matters why.

I own both consoles, so I don't really care, but if I am going to drop a large amount of money on a piece of consumer electronics, I take more then one factor into account, and then make my choice.

If you are trying to cherry pick one aspect of the 360 that's better, and then somehow say the console is a better choice, your extremely misguided.

I cherry-picked nothing.

I offered up a question, without giving my personal opinions so as to avoid leading the responses.

If you have an issue with said responses, feel free to take it up with the posters individually via PM or in another thread, or too offer a broad response here in this thread targeted at them.  If you feel you have a more appropriate question to ask than the one I did, start another thread of you're own.

if the massive headstart of the 360 doesn't factor in, then why is it unfair to count the BC abilities of the Ps3? that's basically the same thing, Ps3 got a headstart because of PS2, and as you say, who cares why it has all those games, just that it does.

all 3 consoles have a diverse range of games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...