By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

starcraft said:

I wonder why?

I wonder why too? Are you looking to buy a 360 and were just curious?

I wonder why this thread even exists. What was the point? If I started a thread out of the blue, and asked. What HD console has the best graphics, and then 5 posts later said PS3 wins, would that not be a troll post?

Around the Network

@squilliam, oh wait its starcraft, i swear they are clones...

Regardless, your both trolls hired by the m$ conglomerate. Go play Halo 3 if all your gonna do is post flamebait threads just so you can bash people that bashed you to begin with. At all, go play Starcraft, that titlte alone is diverse with the custom maps and rules. Go play some Sunken D games.

Alucard and Andir, exit the thread immediately. This is your final warning. No matter your hatred of Starcraft, he made a perfectly reasonable thread and discussed his opinion in a non-offensive manner. You two have strayed off topic and just continue to flame him.

Both of you leave if you can't behave yourselves. And Starcraft, ignore them and continue with the thread.

Andir said:
Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

Can you explain to me why you are complaining, but haven't reported anything?

If you disagree with a post you can report it.

god this thread is ridiculous.
"That is actually quite funny, there are about 90 games on 360 which score 80 or more on metacritic. I think that there are a bit more genres there than those "shooters,racers,sports,fighting,strategy,wrpg and rhythm games". But of course,you can't be bothered to take a look. You just go on with your fanboy rants. I understand that it is much easier to check wii games (20 or something) than 360.."

so please tell me how many of this games is on another platform(especially when games were released on past gens and x360 in the same time)? oh and i took a look at metacritic when i was writing my words.

"Well, I did that. Picked up 80+ games on metacritic and removed shooters,sports games and racing games. (Can't be sure about all of them, but this should be close enough to prove a point):

1 Grand Theft Auto IV - tps
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The - port from pc
3 Rock Band
4 Guitar Hero II
5 Mass Effect
6 Rez HD - live game
7 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - port game from psx or ps2 i don't remember
8 Burnout Revenge - racing game
9 Virtua Fighter 5
10 Ikaruga - port from dreamcast
11 Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - live game
12 Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, The - add-on
13 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved - live game
14 Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine, The - add-on
15 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
16 Dead or Alive 4
17 Dead Rising
18 Bomberman Live - live game
19 Viva Pinata
20 Devil May Cry 4
21 Civilization Revolution
22 Pac-Man Championship Edition - live game
23 N+ - live game
24 Crackdown
25 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - live game and another remake of super puzzle fighter
26 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
27 Hitman: Blood Money - tps
28 Prince of Persia Classic - port from pc/nes
29 Football Manager
30 Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
31 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - port from genesis
32 Condemned: Criminal Origins - shooter
33 Football Manager 2006
34 Assassin's Creed - tps
35 Saints Row - tps
36 LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
37 Ninja Gaiden II
38 Soulcalibur - port from dreamcast
39 Uno - live game
40 Roogoo - live game
41 Poker Smash - live game
42 Condemned 2: Bloodshot - shooter
43 Catan - live game
44 WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007
45 Cloning Clyde - live game
46 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
47 Bully: Scholarship Edition - port from ps2
48 Tomb Raider: Legend
49 Peter Jackson's King Kong
50 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - oh so you listed the same game twice great. original trilogy is part of complete saga.

Do the same for the wii and remove platformers, adventure games and shooters. Which one had the sparse lineup again?"

do you really want me to crush you with wiiware/VC games and ps2/gc/psp ports?

"Lets see :

Super Mario Galaxy..........Ratchet and Clank R&C is not even a platformer, but action game with some platform elements.

The Legend of Zelda ........Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Metal Gear Solid 4 yeah really a tps game and stealth game are really similar to zelda

Super Smash Bros .............Virtua Fighter 5,Tekken DR ,Dragonball Z Burst Limit

Metroid Prime 3..................COD 4 ,Resistence ,Army of Two,Unreal III,Battlefield Bad Company

Mario Strikers Charged...............Fifa 08 ,PES2008 - which better version is on the wii

Fire Emblem............................Oblivion yeah let's compare srpg to western rpg

Batallion Wars........................Civilization Revolution

Mario Kart..............................Burnout Paradise ,Motorstorm ,Colin Mc Rae Dirt ,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Now tell me the Wii has more diversity that the PS3.Take in count Eco Chrome ,Warhawk ,Heavenly Sword ,Devil May Cry 4,Time Crisis 4 ,GTA IV ,Eye of Judgement ,Buzz the MegaQuiz ,Singstar.

The Wii has the worst lineup by miles."
did you even read what you've written? i won't even try to correct rest of this.

this thread is so pathetic and full of ps360 fanboys who are trying to tell wii/ds owners that only ps360 have good games - and we all know it's not true.

Around the Network
Andir said:
Will one of the mods please explain to me why starcraft isn't banned yet? I mean seriously: He starts these threads trying to stir up people on all sides of the console battle, ignores what he wants and comes up with the same conclusion he already decided he was going to come up with when the thread started. It's blatant trolling. He ignores the fact that the PS3 20/60/80(for the most part) play every previous game in the PS library, but he claims they don't count because it doesn't match his favored system. He ignores the fact that the PC CAN be a home console if you just plug the stupid thing into your TV. He also constantly starts threads like this. He continues to incite these threads which I'm sure have already been discussed many many times (likely by starcraft himself) and somehow you let him continue?

I'm sure it's the page hits that ioi wants you to keep coming in though. Gotta keep that ad revenue streaming!

Sure, glad to explain.

He isn't banned because he is perfectly allowed to ask all manner of questions including creating threads that deal with hotly debated issues. Its quite simple really.  There is a difference between starting a contentious debate and trolling.

Starcraft, nor any user, is required to keep an open mind about such topics.  He, and all other users, are required to remain civil and respectful to the views of others.  If you feel he is not being civil and respectful you can simply report the offending post and let the moderators deal with it.  Choosing to take matters into your own hands is only going to get you in trouble, and that leads us to where we are now.

You came into this thread and started taking shots at Starcraft and, with this most recent post, you've gone so far as to insinuate that the moderators are conspiring to indulge users in bad behavior for personal gain which is frankly pretty insulting, in addition to being completely false.

Which brings me to your warning.  If you wish to be a part of this or any other topic of discussion you will abide by the forum rules including those which require you to stay on topic and rules which require you to substantiate any attack on this website.  If you find any part of these rules to be unclear please PM a mod and we will assist you in ascertaining their meaning.  If you find any part of these rules unreasonable I strongly suggest that you exercise your right not to post at all.   If the point isn't clear yet, this is a warning and your comments and actions will not be tolerated. Persist at your own peril.

To Each Man, Responsibility

This is how great the moderating team is; 3 different responses to an offense! Oh, and I'll say it again: It's the PSP!

MontanaHatchet said:
This is how great the moderating team is; 3 different responses to an offense!

lol QFT

We might need to start having a claim system for mod jobs if we are all going to respond so swiftly =)

To Each Man, Responsibility
HappySqurriel said:

@Kurakasa and Diomedes1976

I thought everyone was insisting that the games were exclusive games released on disc ... why don't you redo your lists without the games that were released on another console or PC (and without the games released for download) and see how 'diverse' the line-ups are.

If we are talking about some consoles game library, how on earth you should not count games that are multiplatform? :) Games that have been released on other consoles (xbox,ps1/2/nes/snes/n64/cube) are another thing. They haven't been made for 360/ps3/wii.. but if you insist on counting them,  ps3 is teh winner. I think both of them are capable of running emulators (ps3 linux) -> GB/GBA/NES/SNES/N64/Master system/Megadrive/PS1/PS2/Neo Geo/Saturn/Amiga/c64/whatever.. almost every game is playable on ps3 then. :P

Yea all i proved was how rude i was, i'll leave, but, at least i reccomended Starcraft the game has a diverse title lol. It was a fun game, also i didn't bash no one in my first post, i'll improve.