By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps2 sold 120 million units.

The PS2 is part of the sixth generation era, and has become the fastest selling home console in video game history, with over 120 million units shipped worldwide by May 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2 

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

In before someone says the Wii is gonna outsell it...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I dont believe Wii can outsell PS2. I think it's more the question if Wii will break the 100m-barrier. But DS could be sell better than PS2. But at least for the next two years the PS2 is the best selling console of all time.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ckmlb said:

ckmlb, I'm serious...you're getting as bad as any other troll...stop.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And the damn thing is still going strong, something like a good 400k a month in sales world wide.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

It won't Wii doesn't break like the PS2s did

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

Even if it does no-one is going to pay for it more than once...

... let's both quit stupid comments for a better tomorrow.

And two of them are in my basement! One old, one new.

Odd fact: I owned over 40 ps2 games before I owned the system.

I currently own 4 Wii games without owning the system. 36 more and I can justify buying one!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
And two of them are in my basement! One old, one new.

Odd fact: I owned over 40 ps2 games before I owned the system.

I currently own 4 Wii games without owning the system. 36 more and I can justify buying one!

read your post and think about sanity.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ckmlb said:

For goodness, sake! No proof of that has ever been given, so can we please stop flaming?

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk