By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

SleepWaking said:
what will TF2 wil be cross-platform OMG. hehehe that is gonna be awesome, which reminds me is unreal tournament gonne be cross-platform to? than i will really be owning the shit out of them, what would really by awesome? Counter-strike i'm a "pro" and that would be the best idea ever. (sarcasme)

This will only be awesome for a few hours. what the hell i want some competition. counter-strike would be really idiotic, the game is al about pixel perfect aiming en looking to all sides in nano seconds. (and of course lots of tactics, but that wouldn't be really needn't any more for pc players.)

Btw Bodhesatva
TF is very different from TF2 so i would think your pro status doesn't say that much (only that you are indeed very good with mouse aiming). still you will be owning them al ofcourse, hmm i would really want to play against you. (mouse on mouse)

TF is very different than TFC is very different than TF2, I agree. But a lot of fundamentals are the same: same classes, same goals. I'm going to have to get used to lacking grenades, and I'm sure the Scout's double jump is going to be strange, but overall, I expect the skills to translate fairly well.

There's really two broad types of FPS: Counter Strike style, where single shots can and do kill, and no one lasts more than 2-3 bullets; Unreal Tournament style, where people can be bounced around by many bullets, and someone can theoretically engage in extended dogfights with enemy players. Despite all the differences, TF/TFC/TF2 all fall into that latter category. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

TF?

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

z64dan said:
I think alot of developers are simply scared that they won't be able to use "cutting-edge graphics" as a reason for people to buy their horrible games. They will actually need to develop GOOD GAMEPLAY to make the game fun.

Best post of thread, sir.

Instead of using the expensive graphic engines and developing systems they tossed so much money into as they geared towards PC and the newer generation of games, they're now like deer in the headlights, scrambling to figure out what the hell they're going to do when the Wii controls top slice of the market pie. In my opinion, making good games for the Wii will ultimately be harder than the other two systems until developers get over that initial hump of using motion controls. How do we use them? What do we use them for? Do we develop a game and add the controls into it or try working from the ground up around them?

Once they figure out what works, then they actually have to come up with ideas (Or, do what I mentioned elsewhere, merely mimic other trends on the Wii and hope for quick bucks with little innovation involved.) Once that's done, then it's only a matter of working with what they have and prodding developers along to make sure they get things right. When a game has a shoddy or tacked-on control feel, it's not so much the game that suffers, but the Wii itself, as it's so much easier to be critical of a new style of control than it is an old one.

Blue3 said:
He just said the truth. Did not even say anything bad just, just a worrying opinion for the future. An opinion which is based on legit info of wii being underpowered.

And what does the wii being underpowered have to do with this? Is that your justification for bashing the Wii then turning around to cry foul on those who do the same to Sony? Face it, you Sony trolls are just trying to enforce yet another double standard to your favor. You're essentially saying its justified to bash the Wii but not the PS3. We have legit info that Sony is a malicious and unethical corporation yet somehow that's never enough to convince you that the PS3 is but the tip of the iceberg. Instead you just simply look at the technology and pretend anything Sony does that is bad, never happened. The fact of the matter is you can't condone anyone's opinion that the PS3 is bad yet you expect us to eat up every little negative trivial tidbit you can dig up on the Wii. If this is the way you are going to act on this forum then I'll relish watching the Wii send your type of gamer back to the PC where you belong.

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:

1. I never said using the Sega VIP was "Stupid". Furthermore I using those companies to illustrate the anti-Ps3 stories you never seem to cover, not to do the same back to you as this thread did to us. Though while I'm at it I'm sure anyone here could agree any of those companies are a more worthwhile source than Sega. If misreading my text is all you have going for your argument then this is going to be a long ride for you.

2. Oh of course, and they're all going to be the best games in the world too because Sony says so. "Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!... Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!"

3. I never said I wasn't biased, but then again the point wasn't who was more biased than the other, the point was you're trying to post these kind of threads as an unbiased forum member when in fact the trend of your threads' subject matter seem to imply you're just looking to bash Nintendo. Though while we're on the topic since when have I ever posted anti-Sony or anti-Ms News threads? Again, try reading the text sometime and stop jumping to sensationalism.

4. Actually I don't, look at points 1. and 3. to see why.

5. Oh, I'm absolutely sure you fought against the PS2 fanbase the same vigor as you do the Wii's like a good non-conformist underdog advocate. *rolls eyes*

Pitty all of your points involve either misreading my words or dodging the issue.

2. Cause you know a lot of sequels of great franchises are going to suddenly start suckin right? But Nintendo's new stuff you can say it's going to be good, but I can't point out the great games coming to PS3 right? Great argument you made there about how the PS3's games are all shitty even though you haven't even fuckin played them yet. Maybe I should just assume all new Wii games are going to be crap too and suddenly Brawl gets shitty out of nowhere...

3. This is not an anti-Wii news post, it is what hte fuckin sega vp said I posted the fuckin article get the fuck over it. I didn't make this up and the news about Namco and others problems with PS3 has been posted in this forum before. I guess someone complaining about the Wii should be ignored.

5. I didn't attack or defend shit in the PS2 days I wasn't even on gaming forums. Where do you come up with this shit? Did you find me somewhere praising the PS2's shitty games?

There's no way to discuss anything with you when you claim the people who bought the PS3 are sheep while completely ignoring former PS franchises and new ones and claiming they are all shit and that I am following Sony like a sheep... yet you owned a PS2 supposedly, you played no games on it? What happened to those games? they're all shitty now right? since they are going to PS3, they all got crappy out of the blue...

1. What happened to point 1?

2. By sequels and franchises you mean Gran Turismo, Tekken6 and FFXIII, oh yeah, what a line up, three whole exclusive franchise games, fantastic. Funny how you try to spin this but the fact of the matter is you have all along nay-sayed the Wii's game philosiphy despite them having strong franchises which you claim is the reason the PS3 is worth defending*rolls eyes*. This is just becoming another case of a fanboy enforcing the doublestandard of opinion. "Sony's games are awesome because they're all proven sequels", oh wait the vast majority coming out for the PS3 aren't. "Nintendo's has nothing but mini-games and bad ports", despite the fact they have even more proven franchises and sequels comming out exclusively for their console than the PS3. You just spin it to however it suits Sony in the end. It's not even a matter of objectivity or bias, you just simply want to think what you so desperately want to believe, that graphics make the game.

3. Everytime something negative about the PS3 is said, it's attacked as being Sony bashing, everytime something negative about the Wii is said, you defend it by claiming you're entitled to your opinion. Again, a lovely double standard. Funny, how come I never see you post anything positive about the Wii? And why did you dodge my point that you never post anything negative about Sony?

5. And where do you see me ever claiming you said anything specifically about the PS2? I merely said that I doubt you would have taken the same stance against the PS2 as you have with the Wii, a point, which you still have yet to deny or confirm. Instead you just dance around it claiming there's no evidence of one thing or another, as if that's what this was about to begin with. Why are you dodging the issue? If you're so for the underdog, did you fight against the PS2 on principle as well last gen? Hmmm? Well? 

If you can't debate without making gross generalization and outlandish exagerations then you maybe you shouldn't be debating at all.

- You called supporters of Nintendo sheep based on nothing but your own personal opinion of why you don't like their business philosiphy and their system. I showed you just as easily how name calling could be applied to supporters of Sony... which you attacked hypocritically trying to use very same logic you called the Nintendo supporters sheep for to try and justify the purchase of a PS3.

- You claim there is nothing wrong with this thread and its not Anti-Nintendo but then defend it by attacking Nintendo supporters. When I ask you why you never posted any positive news about Nintendo or negative news about Sony, you dodged the question trying to put me under the spotlight instead. You still have yet to answer that quesiton by the way.

- You claim you support the underdog yet when I said I doubt you had the same opinion for the PS2 you dodged the issue altogether and began attacking specific claims I rightfully never made.

I'm glad we finally see you show your true colors of being a Nintendo-Hater. This entire debate was nothing but you scrambling to dodge the issue and try to redirect the argument at me, a pathetic display. Congratulations, you are now the troll. 

The Ultimate truth here is that you want this entire forum to be your own personal Sony support group as an escape from the reality of your lack luster console. Only on forums like this will you find people so delusional to think anything Sony has done since the PS2 is going to be the future trend of gaming. And damn the person who gets in your way and shatters that illusion. Call me a troll, call me a Sony hater, but if that's case why am I the one standing my ground and you the one whose dodging questions and scrambling to try and turn the argument against on me?

SEGA is in a real sorry state...out of handheld, console buisness and lacklustre games as a 3rd party..virtua tennis on wii makes perfect sense but not to them it seems..skies of arcadia was excellent,a sequel maybe? again no..all we get is monkey ball and sonic with control issues..then this shot my own foot statement...

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Sullla said:
robjoh said:
Newsflash: Wii already looks dated!

I can't understand this thing about Within some years now xbox360 and PS3 titles will look so much better so Wii will look dated. I mean isn't Gears miles a head of any Wii game already now?

robjoh wins the award for most intelligent post in this thread.

Consumers clearly don't seem to care that games for the Wii don't look as good as those on the 360/PS3 right now. For that matter, the HD consoles can't outsell the PS2 right now, or even come close to it (in America, anyway). And for good measure, consumers don't seem to care that DS games don't look as good as those on the PSP. But somehow, next year, that's all going to change and there will be a seismic shift in the market away from Wii/DS towards 360/PS3?!

I hope everyone realizes that this theory makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Not next year, over the coming years. Hand held is very different from console too, everyone is much more forgiving of hand held graphics by logic because it is a hand held. There won't be a seismic shift but there might be a slow shift it's not impossible. Also the hardcore crowd (except for the all 3 console adopters and Nintendo fans) are big buyers of software and they are going to stay away from the Wii this generation it is looking like more and more (unless things change).

The kind of people who buy Wii for the novelty (Casual non gamer types) are going to buy like 2-3 games a year or maybe 5 tops (holidays and b-days and such). But if there are such a huge amount of casual gamers that get interested in the Wii then that won't matter that is still an unknown in the long run if the innovation of the Wii will still attract non gamers in 2 years or whatnot.

I am sorry I am late to the party, had very little time to post the last days have been replaying FE (GC) and the sun has been shining here in Sweden. So thats the reason why I am dragin up an old post.

First I would like to make a clarification: I have in severel threads asked why graphics will be so important within 2 years so that Wii will look dated, when it already looks dated TODAY! Now please ckmlb can you please answer that question? I mean it looks like you have that belif.

So to the evidence that graphics has is inferior on Wii compared to PS3 or xbox360:

Excite Truck vs Motorstorm, well quite a clear victory to Motorstorm I think, do you disagree?

Red Steel vs Resistance(sp?) or Gears of War, same here seems like PS3 and xbox360 is wining that match to.

Tiger Woods (Wii) vs Tiger Woods (xbox360, PS3), again a clear vicotry for the HD-consol.

Wii Sport vs Fight Night, sorry Wii seems to get you ass kicked today.

Wii Sport vs MLB 2K7, well not much to state their is it?

I think I can go on like this for ever, Wii is already dated when it comes to graphics so why should it matter if it still is dated in 2009?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said:
ckmlb said:
Sullla said:
robjoh said:
Newsflash: Wii already looks dated!

I can't understand this thing about Within some years now xbox360 and PS3 titles will look so much better so Wii will look dated. I mean isn't Gears miles a head of any Wii game already now?

robjoh wins the award for most intelligent post in this thread.

Consumers clearly don't seem to care that games for the Wii don't look as good as those on the 360/PS3 right now. For that matter, the HD consoles can't outsell the PS2 right now, or even come close to it (in America, anyway). And for good measure, consumers don't seem to care that DS games don't look as good as those on the PSP. But somehow, next year, that's all going to change and there will be a seismic shift in the market away from Wii/DS towards 360/PS3?!

I hope everyone realizes that this theory makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Not next year, over the coming years. Hand held is very different from console too, everyone is much more forgiving of hand held graphics by logic because it is a hand held. There won't be a seismic shift but there might be a slow shift it's not impossible. Also the hardcore crowd (except for the all 3 console adopters and Nintendo fans) are big buyers of software and they are going to stay away from the Wii this generation it is looking like more and more (unless things change).

The kind of people who buy Wii for the novelty (Casual non gamer types) are going to buy like 2-3 games a year or maybe 5 tops (holidays and b-days and such). But if there are such a huge amount of casual gamers that get interested in the Wii then that won't matter that is still an unknown in the long run if the innovation of the Wii will still attract non gamers in 2 years or whatnot.

I am sorry I am late to the party, had very little time to post the last days have been replaying FE (GC) and the sun has been shining here in Sweden. So thats the reason why I am dragin up an old post.

First I would like to make a clarification: I have in severel threads asked why graphics will be so important within 2 years so that Wii will look dated, when it already looks dated TODAY! Now please ckmlb can you please answer that question? I mean it looks like you have that belif.

So to the evidence that graphics has is inferior on Wii compared to PS3 or xbox360:

Excite Truck vs Motorstorm, well quite a clear victory to Motorstorm I think, do you disagree?

Red Steel vs Resistance(sp?) or Gears of War, same here seems like PS3 and xbox360 is wining that match to.

Tiger Woods (Wii) vs Tiger Woods (xbox360, PS3), again a clear vicotry for the HD-consol.

I think I can go on like this for ever, Wii is already dated when it comes to graphics so why should it matter if it still is dated in 2009?

I have never played any golf game more than half an hour in my life....before i played tiger on wii(hours on end)...guess that says something right there...

Gballzack said:
Blue3 said:
He just said the truth. Did not even say anything bad just, just a worrying opinion for the future. An opinion which is based on legit info of wii being underpowered.

And what does the wii being underpowered have to do with this? Is that your justification for bashing the Wii then turning around to cry foul on those who do the same to Sony? Face it, you Sony trolls are just trying to enforce yet another double standard to your favor. You're essentially saying its justified to bash the Wii but not the PS3. We have legit info that Sony is a malicious and unethical corporation yet somehow that's never enough to convince you that the PS3 is but the tip of the iceberg. Instead you just simply look at the technology and pretend anything Sony does that is bad, never happened. The fact of the matter is you can't condone anyone's opinion that the PS3 is bad yet you expect us to eat up every little negative trivial tidbit you can dig up on the Wii. If this is the way you are going to act on this forum then I'll relish watching the Wii send your type of gamer back to the PC where you belong.

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:

1. I never said using the Sega VIP was "Stupid". Furthermore I using those companies to illustrate the anti-Ps3 stories you never seem to cover, not to do the same back to you as this thread did to us. Though while I'm at it I'm sure anyone here could agree any of those companies are a more worthwhile source than Sega. If misreading my text is all you have going for your argument then this is going to be a long ride for you.

2. Oh of course, and they're all going to be the best games in the world too because Sony says so. "Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!... Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!"

3. I never said I wasn't biased, but then again the point wasn't who was more biased than the other, the point was you're trying to post these kind of threads as an unbiased forum member when in fact the trend of your threads' subject matter seem to imply you're just looking to bash Nintendo. Though while we're on the topic since when have I ever posted anti-Sony or anti-Ms News threads? Again, try reading the text sometime and stop jumping to sensationalism.

4. Actually I don't, look at points 1. and 3. to see why.

5. Oh, I'm absolutely sure you fought against the PS2 fanbase the same vigor as you do the Wii's like a good non-conformist underdog advocate. *rolls eyes*

Pitty all of your points involve either misreading my words or dodging the issue.

2. Cause you know a lot of sequels of great franchises are going to suddenly start suckin right? But Nintendo's new stuff you can say it's going to be good, but I can't point out the great games coming to PS3 right? Great argument you made there about how the PS3's games are all shitty even though you haven't even fuckin played them yet. Maybe I should just assume all new Wii games are going to be crap too and suddenly Brawl gets shitty out of nowhere...

3. This is not an anti-Wii news post, it is what hte fuckin sega vp said I posted the fuckin article get the fuck over it. I didn't make this up and the news about Namco and others problems with PS3 has been posted in this forum before. I guess someone complaining about the Wii should be ignored.

5. I didn't attack or defend shit in the PS2 days I wasn't even on gaming forums. Where do you come up with this shit? Did you find me somewhere praising the PS2's shitty games?

There's no way to discuss anything with you when you claim the people who bought the PS3 are sheep while completely ignoring former PS franchises and new ones and claiming they are all shit and that I am following Sony like a sheep... yet you owned a PS2 supposedly, you played no games on it? What happened to those games? they're all shitty now right? since they are going to PS3, they all got crappy out of the blue...

1. What happened to point 1?

2. By sequels and franchises you mean Gran Turismo, Tekken6 and FFXIII, oh yeah, what a line up, three whole exclusive franchise games, fantastic. Funny how you try to spin this but the fact of the matter is you have all along nay-sayed the Wii's game philosiphy despite them having strong franchises which you claim is the reason the PS3 is worth defending*rolls eyes*. This is just becoming another case of a fanboy enforcing the doublestandard of opinion. "Sony's games are awesome because they're all proven sequels", oh wait the vast majority coming out for the PS3 aren't. "Nintendo's has nothing but mini-games and bad ports", despite the fact they have even more proven franchises and sequels comming out exclusively for their console than the PS3. You just spin it to however it suits Sony in the end. It's not even a matter of objectivity or bias, you just simply want to think what you so desperately want to believe, that graphics make the game.

3. Everytime something negative about the PS3 is said, it's attacked as being Sony bashing, everytime something negative about the Wii is said, you defend it by claiming you're entitled to your opinion. Again, a lovely double standard. Funny, how come I never see you post anything positive about the Wii? And why did you dodge my point that you never post anything negative about Sony?

5. And where do you see me ever claiming you said anything specifically about the PS2? I merely said that I doubt you would have taken the same stance against the PS2 as you have with the Wii, a point, which you still have yet to deny or confirm. Instead you just dance around it claiming there's no evidence of one thing or another, as if that's what this was about to begin with. Why are you dodging the issue? If you're so for the underdog, did you fight against the PS2 on principle as well last gen? Hmmm? Well?

If you can't debate without making gross generalization and outlandish exagerations then you maybe you shouldn't be debating at all.

- You called supporters of Nintendo sheep based on nothing but your own personal opinion of why you don't like their business philosiphy and their system. I showed you just as easily how name calling could be applied to supporters of Sony... which you attacked hypocritically trying to use very same logic you called the Nintendo supporters sheep for to try and justify the purchase of a PS3.

- You claim there is nothing wrong with this thread and its not Anti-Nintendo but then defend it by attacking Nintendo supporters. When I ask you why you never posted any positive news about Nintendo or negative news about Sony, you dodged the question trying to put me under the spotlight instead. You still have yet to answer that quesiton by the way.

- You claim you support the underdog yet when I said I doubt you had the same opinion for the PS2 you dodged the issue altogether and began attacking specific claims I rightfully never made.

I'm glad we finally see you show your true colors of being a Nintendo-Hater. This entire debate was nothing but you scrambling to dodge the issue and try to redirect the argument at me, a pathetic display. Congratulations, you are now the troll.

The Ultimate truth here is that you want this entire forum to be your own personal Sony support group as an escape from the reality of your lack luster console. Only on forums like this will you find people so delusional to think anything Sony has done since the PS2 is going to be the future trend of gaming. And damn the person who gets in your way and shatters that illusion. Call me a troll, call me a Sony hater, but if that's case why am I the one standing my ground and you the one whose dodging questions and scrambling to try and turn the argument against on me?

Another load of BS... and I am tired of correcting your made up shit about what I say.

But most importantly I didn't say anything about Nintendo people being sheep, I said if you keep knocking down any questioning of anythign Wii then you are asking people to be sheep...

Read before you fuckin talk.

Also no matter how I point out the flawed logic that you use you still type back a fuckin book load of stuff and I am tired of this childish back and forth nonsense.

I have all three consoles and I will enjoy all the games on them if it makes you feel good to say the PS3 is lackluster and there are only 3 franchises on it that are also crappy by the way then keep telling that to yourself you obviously need it to feel good.

Cause you know Nintendo is your religion and you need to get back at Sony for 10 years of leading in video games lol... so fuckin sad and vindictive over a video game console debate. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ale666 said:
robjoh said:

I have never played any golf game more than half an hour in my life....before i played tiger on wii(hours on end)...guess that says something right there...

Well never said that the game was bad,I just said that itwas inferior in graphics compared to the xbox360 version.

@cklmb 

seems like that you didn't want to answer my question above or you missed it, mayby you could do answer it next time you post? 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

ckmlb said:

1. Another load of BS... and I am tired of correcting your made up shit about what I say.

2. But most importantly I didn't say anything about Nintendo people being sheep, I said if you keep knocking down any questioning of anythign Wii then you are asking people to be sheep...

3. Read before you fuckin talk.

4. Also no matter how I point out the flawed logic that you use you still type back a fuckin book load of stuff and I am tired of this childish back and forth nonsense.

5. I have all three consoles and I will enjoy all the games on them if it makes you feel good to say the PS3 is lackluster and there are only 3 franchises on it that are also crappy by the way then keep telling that to yourself you obviously need it to feel good.

6. Cause you know Nintendo is your religion and you need to get back at Sony for 10 years of leading in video games lol... so fuckin sad and vindictive over a video game console debate. 

1. Oh really? Made up shit you say? Would you like to offer some substance to that claim or don't you have the courage to do anything more than spout baseless allegations and in doing so making shit up?

2. And by Questioning you mean a free ticket for Bashing/naysaying, the very same act when done to Sony warrants a tongue lashing, how convenient is that. Tell me can I use this argument next time you or someone else tries to scold me for bashing Sony? I can just say, you're being sheep if you don't question Sony? And if this is really the case why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of taking that long detour of rhetoric and attacking me?

3. The only person not reading is you. Time and time again you dodge my points and try and supplement a compensatory argument in place of the one I was actually adressing. Don't try and simply turn this around on me without even single cited example to support your flaming.

4. Book load? Sorry but good logic and reasoning can't be sumized in just one sloppy scentence as you've been attempting to do for every response. Is it that hard for you to read all the stuff I type? Is that why you've been grossly misinterpretting my claims and ignore the bulk of my points, the text is too long to read? LOL!!! So are you just skimming the argument then assuming my stance after the fact? You also claim you've pointed out my flawed logic yet all I see is you dodging my questions and shoving these baseless allegations at me. Perhaps you would like to offer some substance to your claims.

5. It takes more than owning all systems and liking a few games for each to be unbiased. Only a child would think such credentials without context are satisfactory. You're also dodging the issue altogether again. How come you never post positive news about Nintendo or negative news about Sony? Here's a Link to a news item that you conveniently avoided posting then attacked as a thread after it was posted, and you want us to believe this thread of yours was purely for News purposes? How come you never responded directly to me pointing out that there were only three well known exclusive franchises coming out for the PS3 anytime soon when you had claimed it was the sole reason you knew all of the PS3's games would be a sure thing?

6. I'm an aethiest actually. :) There's no need to get back at Sony, they're already paying the price. And to be honest, the PS2 and PS1 weren't sins against the consumer outside of quality control, they helped show Nintendo the way for david to beat goliath. The PS3 is a sin without redemption though, its a sin against the casual gamer and the company behind it, Sony, we have known for a long time is an unethical and foul company. Funny how you avoid responding directly to any claims of Sony's terrible track record by simply just accusing me of having a vendetta, lol.

Look at what you've been reduced to, making outlandish claims with no substance or evidence in the slightest. Putting words in the other person's mouth. Backtracking your arguments. Continuing to dodge points and change the issues. Have you no shame? Have you no self respect? You're even to the point of accusing me of writing too much, lol! How does it feel to be a troll?