By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

Bodhesatva said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

But when you are developer you dont want to be limited.

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Then why aren't they making games for the PC? The PC has better controls, better graphics, and profoundly better online capabilities.

I'll give you the answer: because you (presumably) can make more money selling PS3 titles than you can PC titles, even making the games for the PS3 limites your abilities. Which is precisely the same reason that many will choose to make for the Wii instead of the PS3.

The truth is PC gaming is in decline in a lot of areas and that's why consoles are gaining old PC only games and because they can handle some graphics now. The PC userbase is the largest of all so why aren't they all making PC games? Because the people who have the specs on their PC to handle high graphics games are a small amount and the PS3 and 360 userbases are bigger than that userbase.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

True. You don't want to be limited to, especially, selling games for a console with less market share than the Wii.

I was talking about hardware. Just because the fanbase is bigger does not guarantee that your game will sell better. Not fun to compete with Nintendos first party games.

Then why aren't they making games for the PC? The PC has better controls, better graphics, and profoundly better online capabilities.

I'll give you the answer: because you (presumably) can make more money selling PS3 titles than you can PC titles, even making the games for the PS3 limites your abilities. Which is precisely the same reason that many will choose to make for the Wii instead of the PS3.

The truth is PC gaming is in decline in a lot of areas and that's why consoles are gaining old PC only games and because they can handle some graphics now. The PC userbase is the largest of all so why aren't they all making PC games? Because the people who have the specs on their PC to handle high graphics games are a small amount and the PS3 and 360 userbases are bigger than that userbase.

I know that's the reason, Ck. That's precisely the point I'm making.

Why wouldn't people develop for the PC, even if high end ones are technically superior to the PS3? Because the user base is smaller.

Okay, that's a reasonable answer. Now, why wouldn't people develop for the PS3, even if it's technically superior to the Wii? 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I bet he even got corporal punishment after the interview.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

Why wouldn't people develop for the PC, even if high end ones are technically superior to the PS3? Because the user base is smaller.

Okay, that's a reasonable answer. Now, why wouldn't people develop for the PS3, even if it's technically superior to the Wii?

So why aren't the big 3rd party games coming to Wii?

Please don't list me a bunch of games that I already know about, they're not the big boys. 

johnlucas said:

I just realized that Mario & Sonic at the Olympics will be huge this year! People leave that out of the big holiday games but that will be just as much a monster as Galaxy and Brawl I believe.

John Lucas

Don't forget about Halo

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

1. You say that me saying the Sega VP says this is stupid and biased and then you throw at me the same exact argument with Ubisoft and Namco and whatnot LOL simply ingenious... you defeated your own argument.

2. 'Of course Sheep mentality could never apply to something like, let's say, fans sinking 600 dollars into a console with an unproven propriotary disc format just because of the brand name stuck on it... now could it Hmmm? :)'

Cause you know there are no fuckin games coming out on the PS3..... right? everyone bought it cause it had the name PS3 on it... yes that's exactly what I was thinking, I'm going to sit here and watch the name on the console it gives me pleasure....

3. and then you have the audacity to accuse me of bias when you basically said PS3 owners are sheep and that there are no games on the PS3...

4. Amazing how you attack something and then go ahead and do the exact same thing and worse....

5. Do you know anything of what I said in the days of the PS2? did you even know me back then? No so stop making shit up. 

1. I never said using the Sega VIP was "Stupid". Furthermore I using those companies to illustrate the anti-Ps3 stories you never seem to cover, not to do the same back to you as this thread did to us. Though while I'm at it I'm sure anyone here could agree any of those companies are a more worthwhile source than Sega. If misreading my text is all you have going for your argument then this is going to be a long ride for you.

2. Oh of course, and they're all going to be the best games in the world too because Sony says so. "Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!... Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!"

3. I never said I wasn't biased, but then again the point wasn't who was more biased than the other, the point was you're trying to post these kind of threads as an unbiased forum member when in fact the trend of your threads' subject matter seem to imply you're just looking to bash Nintendo. Though while we're on the topic since when have I ever posted anti-Sony or anti-Ms News threads? Again, try reading the text sometime and stop jumping to sensationalism.

4. Actually I don't, look at points 1. and 3. to see why.

5. Oh, I'm absolutely sure you fought against the PS2 fanbase the same vigor as you do the Wii's like a good non-conformist underdog advocate. *rolls eyes*

Pitty all of your points involve either misreading my words or dodging the issue.

He just said the truth. Did not even say anything bad just, just a worrying opinion for the future. An opinion which is based on legit info of wii being underpowered.

ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
Yojimbo said:
NJ5 said:

Yojimbo said:

So why aren't the big 3rd party games coming to Wii?

Please don't list me a bunch of games that I already know about, they're not the big boys.

For starters, because everyone expected the PS3/360 to dominate, obviously. Many, if not most, of the major titles were already well into development.

But my real point isn't that 360/PS3 will have zero games, because I believe they will have many good titles, especially if you combine the two into a single "core gamer" demographic.

My point was that making games for the Wii is really not different than making games for the PS3. If you care about unfettered development and free artistic lisence, I do agree that you aren't going to make games for the Wii, but you won't make them on the PS3, either. Here's an entire thread I made on this topic a while back:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2805

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:

1. I never said using the Sega VIP was "Stupid". Furthermore I using those companies to illustrate the anti-Ps3 stories you never seem to cover, not to do the same back to you as this thread did to us. Though while I'm at it I'm sure anyone here could agree any of those companies are a more worthwhile source than Sega. If misreading my text is all you have going for your argument then this is going to be a long ride for you.

2. Oh of course, and they're all going to be the best games in the world too because Sony says so. "Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!... Ba-ah-ah-ah-ah!"

3. I never said I wasn't biased, but then again the point wasn't who was more biased than the other, the point was you're trying to post these kind of threads as an unbiased forum member when in fact the trend of your threads' subject matter seem to imply you're just looking to bash Nintendo. Though while we're on the topic since when have I ever posted anti-Sony or anti-Ms News threads? Again, try reading the text sometime and stop jumping to sensationalism.

4. Actually I don't, look at points 1. and 3. to see why.

5. Oh, I'm absolutely sure you fought against the PS2 fanbase the same vigor as you do the Wii's like a good non-conformist underdog advocate. *rolls eyes*

Pitty all of your points involve either misreading my words or dodging the issue.

2. Cause you know a lot of sequels of great franchises are going to suddenly start suckin right? But Nintendo's new stuff you can say it's going to be good, but I can't point out the great games coming to PS3 right? Great argument you made there about how the PS3's games are all shitty even though you haven't even fuckin played them yet. Maybe I should just assume all new Wii games are going to be crap too and suddenly Brawl gets shitty out of nowhere...

3. This is not an anti-Wii news post, it is what hte fuckin sega vp said I posted the fuckin article get the fuck over it. I didn't make this up and the news about Namco and others problems with PS3 has been posted in this forum before. I guess someone complaining about the Wii should be ignored.

5. I didn't attack or defend shit in the PS2 days I wasn't even on gaming forums. Where do you come up with this shit? Did you find me somewhere praising the PS2's shitty games?

There's no way to discuss anything with you when you claim the people who bought the PS3 are sheep while completely ignoring former PS franchises and new ones and claiming they are all shit and that I am following Sony like a sheep... yet you owned a PS2 supposedly, you played no games on it? What happened to those games? they're all shitty now right? since they are going to PS3, they all got crappy out of the blue...

Funny I should run into this, given the topic.

http://www.gamewad.com/infinity-ward-politely-insults-windows-live-anywhere-3879-p.html

It's an article where the Call of Duty 4 developers said they did not want to do "Live Anywhere," which allows players to compete cross-system with PS3/360/PC versions of the game, because they believe the PS3/360 players would be at an unfair disadvantage. 

Which is to say, 360/PS3 players would get blown to bits by PC owners with superior controls.