By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

Bodhesatva said:

Funny I should run into this, given the topic.

http://www.gamewad.com/infinity-ward-politely-insults-windows-live-anywhere-3879-p.html

It's an article where the Call of Duty 4 developers said they did not want to do "Live Anywhere," which allows players to compete cross-system with PS3/360/PC versions of the game, because they believe the PS3/360 players would be at an unfair disadvantage.

Which is to say, 360/PS3 players would get blown to bits by PC owners with superior controls.

I don't know...I can see that happening in a lot of games, but if it's designed well enough, it can be balanced between PC and consoles.

I played Shadowrun the other day...I had no clue who was on PC and who was on 360...I guess they could turn around faster, but otherwise that was it.  If I died, I usually just said, "ah, they're probably using a mouse" hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

oh well you can't win them all; and it is about time that developers started showing their love for the PS3.

Tell me in 2 years when the Wii "fad" will supposedly be over and the Wii has the most games as it is (kinda like the comparison between PS2 and Gamecube games wise). Why on Earth wouldn't the Wii still be dominant. Are the developers suddenly gonna ignore a 20 million lead? are they suddenly gonna cancel all of their games that were in production for it?

Even if you could call it a fad, by the time it is done being a fad it will be too big to stop. You can use that argument to say that the Wii 2 won't dominate, but not the Wii. I say the Wii blows away the old records and beats out PS2 sales. They have hit the biggest blue ocean yet and if you aren't on board you are gonna go down.

I think alot of developers are simply scared that they won't be able to use "cutting-edge graphics" as a reason for people to buy their horrible games. They will actually need to develop GOOD GAMEPLAY to make the game fun.

Bodhesatva said:

http://www.gamewad.com/infinity-ward-politely-insults-windows-live-anywhere-3879-p.html

It's an article where the Call of Duty 4 developers said they did not want to do "Live Anywhere," which allows players to compete cross-system with PS3/360/PC versions of the game, because they believe the PS3/360 players would be at an unfair disadvantage.

Which is to say, 360/PS3 players would get blown to bits by PC owners with superior controls.

I don't like that either I think there is no way of balacing auto aim versus keyboard and mouse...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:

I don't like that either I think there is no way of balacing auto aim versus keyboard and mouse...

I know it's evil of me, but I can't wait for TF2, which is cross-system. Not only do I have a keyboard/mouse to work with, but I have 3+ years of TF experience, some of it professional. I plan on eating newbs with gamepads for breakfast for a couple days, before I get bored!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Blue3 said:
He just said the truth. Did not even say anything bad just, just a worrying opinion for the future. An opinion which is based on legit info of wii being underpowered.

That is really not the point, an opinion is fine, but not to be expressed that openly in that manner by a person in his position, as about 50 people on this thread have already pointed out. I kindly repeated it, just in case you missed it

what will TF2 wil be cross-platform OMG. hehehe that is gonna be awesome, which reminds me is unreal tournament gonne be cross-platform to? than i will really be owning the shit out of them, what would really by awesome? Counter-strike i'm a "pro" and that would be the best idea ever. (sarcasme)

This will only be awesome for a few hours. what the hell i want some competition. counter-strike would be really idiotic, the game is al about pixel perfect aiming en looking to all sides in nano seconds. (and of course lots of tactics, but that wouldn't be really needn't any more for pc players.)

Btw Bodhesatva
TF is very different from TF2 so i would think your pro status doesn't say that much (only that you are indeed very good with mouse aiming). still you will be owning them al ofcourse, hmm i would really want to play against you. (mouse on mouse)

SEGA?

They won't develop Virtua Fighter for Wii anyway so who cares... 

Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:

I know it's evil of me, but I can't wait for TF2, which is cross-system. Not only do I have a keyboard/mouse to work with, but I have 3+ years of TF experience, some of it professional. I plan on eating newbs with gamepads for breakfast for a couple days, before I get bored!

I hope I don't run into you when Crysis comes out :)

What about two rotating analogue joysticks and motion sensing? ;)

Now that's what I call a valid point.

In reference to why were developers working on the PS2, when the other consoles had more power,it's probably because there wasn't a MAJOR difference in power. Yes maybe a few MB or RAM, and a few more Mhz, but not the GB of storage space difference and the Ghz of processing difference we're seeing this gen.

Also, the thing with developing for PCs, is that very often they are not made specifically for gaming, they are often made for word processing etc. Yes I know that PS3 and 360 can do a lot of stuff aswell, but nowhere near as much as a PC. The point is, anybody who owns a PC is going to buy less games for it, because it's likely they didn't get it for games, whereas a console woener is going to buy several gammes for his console. I'll put it this way, while the PS2 collection ended up with over 30 games, I got less than 10 PC games during the same time. So basically developers know if they put a game on a console, they know it will sell at least moderately well, whereas if they put it on PC, they don't really know whether anyone will buy it. On top of that, the PC market is flooded with good games anyway, so it is getting harder and harder to make your game stand out.  I mean, wtf was up with 'Excite Truck', I mean if someone could put a GT or Forza, or even Toca style game on the Wii, that would seriously stand out, so why don't they do it? Especially as driving with a Wiimote is supposed to be so great? Personaly, (for me, so don't bash me for my opinion-importance notice there), unless there's at least a few GT/Forza style racing games, it's not worth getting the console.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk