By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
Oh no, Sega doesn't like the Wii, better not buy the Wii. Oh no. I guess we can just add this to the list of "not real news anti-Wii" threads that keep popping up around here.

What next? "IGN reports that a janitor for Atari game studios doesn't own a Wii. Does this mean Atari won't support the Wii? Only time will tell..."

Cause you know Marketing VP and Janitor are totally equivilant.... very smart :)

Oh crap now I'm going to get the usual: I was exaggerating to make a point stuff.... this is news get over it. Every gaming site has this on the headlines yesterday and today....

The statements of company leaders are news, all the threads made about Sony said this and that are headlines but this isn't somehow???

Yes because I've seen you post so many threads about people dissing the PS3. :) Though I'm sure you'd claim such a thing never happens, *cough* Capcom *cough* Namco *cough* Ubisoft *cough*, sorry, must've had something in my throat.

Oh sorry, I forgot you don't like exaggerations, you often mistake them for alleged facts now don't you? Then get into long drawn out arguments about semantics that result in you having to retreat from the argument.

ckmlb said:

That's exactly the moral.... exactly it. Basically you're saying 'STFU and don't crticize my console cause it's selling so good'.

Sounds a lot like a sheep mentality you are asking for out of people which is pretty disgusting.

Oh you mean just like how things were whenever someone tried to complain about the PS2 during the last generation or the PS1 before that? Of course Sheep mentality could never apply to something like, let's say, fans sinking 600 dollars into a console with an unproven propriotary disc format just because of the brand name stuck on it... now could it Hmmm? :)

I think we're starting to see your anti-nintendo bias seep out here. Careful, you don't make the best of arguments when you lose your cool. :)

Around the Network

I like how his "clarification" basically involved just saying basically exactly the opposite of what he said previously. This doesn't clarify anything. In fact, it does the opposite, now I am less sure about what he thinks.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
I like how his "clarification" basically involved just saying basically exactly the opposite of what he said previously. This doesn't clarify anything. In fact, it does the opposite, now I am less sure about what he thinks.

Careful what you say partner, you might be accused of being a Nintendo sheep.

vizunary said:
Sorry guys but I am VERY glad there are no games from Sega planned for the PS3, after Shadow the Hedgehog crap, I'll never buy another Sega game.

I largely agree. I'm holding out some hope for NiGHTS, since the original was so good and has not yet been spoiled, but... yikes, they've had a bad history.

Actually, Rocketpig made an interesting comment recently. The only Sega title he's interested in playing is "The Club" for 360/PS3. For one reason: Sega is NOT developing it. They're only publishing it :p 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Gballzack said:
ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:

Yes because I've seen you post so many threads about people dissing the PS3. :) Though I'm sure you'd claim such a thing never happens, *cough* Capcom *cough* Namco *cough* Ubisoft *cough*, sorry, must've had something in my throat.

Oh sorry, I forgot you don't like exaggerations, you often mistake them for alleged facts now don't you? Then get into long drawn out arguments about semantics that result in you having to retreat from the argument.

ckmlb said:

That's exactly the moral.... exactly it. Basically you're saying 'STFU and don't crticize my console cause it's selling so good'.

Sounds a lot like a sheep mentality you are asking for out of people which is pretty disgusting.

Oh you mean just like how things were whenever someone tried to complain about the PS2 during the last generation or the PS1 before that? Of course Sheep mentality could never apply to something like, let's say, fans sinking 600 dollars into a console with an unproven propriotary disc format just because of the brand name stuck on it... now could it Hmmm? :)

I think we're starting to see your anti-nintendo bias seep out here. Careful, you don't make the best of arguments when you lose your cool. :)

You say that me saying the Sega VP says this is stupid and biased and then you throw at me the same exact argument with Ubisoft and Namco and whatnot LOL simply ingenious... you defeated your own argument.

'Of course Sheep mentality could never apply to something like, let's say, fans sinking 600 dollars into a console with an unproven propriotary disc format just because of the brand name stuck on it... now could it Hmmm? :)'

Cause you know there are no fuckin games coming out on the PS3..... right? everyone bought it cause it had the name PS3 on it... yes that's exactly what I was thinking, I'm going to sit here and watch the name on the console it gives me pleasure....

and then you have the audacity to accuse me of bias when you basically said PS3 owners are sheep and that there are no games on the PS3...

Amazing how you attack something and then go ahead and do the exact same thing and worse....

Do you know anything of what I said in the days of the PS2? did you even know me back then? No so stop making shit up. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

People...anybody who says we're encouraging sheep mentality, we're not.

People high up in companies should not speak against a console that they're developing for, plain and simple. A VP or even a typical game developer from inside the studio is an idiot if he starts criticizing the company that's keeping them alive...

This opinion makes SEGA look bad. Nintendo doesn't want one of their developers saying how the Wii sucks, and if SEGA officially thought that, they wouldn't have professional relations for much longer...and that'd be fatal for SEGA.

It's ok if some higher ups in SEGA or heck, even in Nintendo, don't fully like the Wii...maybe they think it's too weak or online sucks or whatever. But you don't start talking mindlessly when there's a lot riding on one console.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

"How deep is the pool" you need to drown that guy?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said:
"How deep is the pool" you need to drown that guy?

Someone just did the undoable, surpassing John Lucas in Nintendo fanaticism. That's quite a feat.

Welcome to the forums Sullla.  I'm more of a Marius kind of guy but good to have as many people as possible who understand video games are a business and that hard core gamers are not the market.

I agree with everyone who said the obvious, VP of a 3rd party dev can think whatever he wants about systems but no matter how much he hates a system he should never reveal it in any capacity unless its part of some corporate strategy (e.g. Epic similarly ragging on the Wii just before Gears of War 2 is released).  Although this correction wasn't as amusing as that EA programmer who had to meekly beg forgiveness the day after using an expletive to describe the 2 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

I'd like to point out that the reason Nintendo didn't go gun-ho on the graphics front was that the market has reached an technology barrier called HD.  To take advantage of HD required such a leap in console power that it could not be done at mass market prices.  Even without mass market prices Sony and MS lost record amounts on their consoles.  Add to that the reality that HDTV's won't be standard until the end of this generation and that means most of that extra power everyone is forced to pay for is being wasted.  Further add the reality that most people who buy consoles don't care about the extra power and/or aren't interested in spending the money to get an HDTV before they reach mass market prices and most of the market for the system vanishes.

What we are left with is a video game market somewhat neatly divided in 2.  On one side, those with HDTV's, the disposable income to blow $500+ at one time on video games, the inclination to blow $500+ on video games at one time, and the interest to let their opinions be known on gaming sites and forums.  Then there is the other 80-90% of the market.  2 companies are bleeding themselves white fighting over the smaller half, Nintendo decided being all alone making tons of money in the other half was the better idea.  In 5 years things will change, HDTV's will be cheap and universal as will the technology to take advantage of the greater graphics on them.  

Hate the Wii all you want but more than just 20 something single men with way too much money to waste play video games as Nintendo's financial reports clearly shows.  Nintendo's financial reports also shows they made the right decision.  Sega's financial reports shows they can't figure how to not make a bad decision.  Their VP's comments shows that tradition is alive in well in the house that Sonic built.

I want to thank Sulla and Albionus for excellent posts.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Yojimbo said:

But when you are developer you dont want to be limited.

Then why aren't they making games for the high end PCs? The PC "controller" has over a hundred buttons and an incredibly accurate mouse, better graphics capabilities, and profoundly better online capabilities. I'll give you the answer: because you usually can make more money selling PS3 titles than you can PC titles, even if making games for the PS3 limits your technical possibilities.

Which is precisely the same reason that many will choose to make for the Wii instead of the PS3.