By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega doesn't like the Wii...

ckmlb said:

Cause you know Nintendo is your religion and you need to get back at Sony for 10 years of leading in video games lol... so fuckin sad and vindictive over a video game console debate.

hey thats a good 13 years of Sony handing out a can of whoop ass. 

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:

Cause you know Nintendo is your religion and you need to get back at Sony for 10 years of leading in video games lol... so fuckin sad and vindictive over a video game console debate.

Guess all good things have to come to an end though right? :)

Gballzack said:
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:

not for long.

like the guy said wi life will be short.

Blue3 said:
Gballzack said:
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:

not for long.

Please, please tell me english isn't your first language.

Blue3 said:
Gballzack said:
Blue3 said:
ckmlb said:

not for long.

Because despise of the sales, the price and the games (the good ones, the bad ones and the casual ones) the VP said it...

I guess he is right...  ¬¬  The Wii is going to fail.

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Tispower said:
TF?

Tispower: Team Fortress. It's a class-based first person shooter, where each class plays a specific role in helping your team win. There are a multitude of different play types, such as Capture the Flag, Invade/Defend (one team has territory they try to defend, the other tries to capture it), and Hunted (one team has a single player they need to keep alive, the other team tries to kill it).

Like Unreal Tournament, the game has unrealistic physics, where Rockets bounce your character around and you can get hit dozens of times in some cases. It's been developed, at different times, by id (Doom, Castle Wolfenstein) and Valve (Half Life). The upcoming iteration is be developed by Valve. You can see some clips of the game here:

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=free&tab=videos&cc=US

Look under "Team Fortress." The "Meet the Heavy" trailer is particularly awesome -- please note that all those trailers are done with in-game graphics. Even the facial animations.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
Tispower said:
TF?

Tispower: Team Fortress. It's a class-based first person shooter, where each class plays a specific role in helping your team win. There are a multitude of different play types, such as Capture the Flag, Invade/Defend (one team has territory they try to defend, the other tries to capture it), and Hunted (one team has a single player they need to keep alive, the other team tries to kill it).

Like Unreal Tournament, the game has unrealistic physics, where Rockets bounce your character around and you can get hit dozens of times in some cases. It's been developed, at different times, by id (Doom, Castle Wolfenstein) and Valve (Half Life). The upcoming iteration is be developed by Valve. You can see some clips of the game here:

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=free&tab=videos&cc=US

Look under "Team Fortress." The "Meet the Heavy" trailer is particularly awesome -- please note that all those trailers are done with in-game graphics. Even the facial animations.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :) I'll look at it when I create an account...

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

I think this would be a good statement... if Wii graphics weren't incredibly dated already. The systems that are going to look dated in 2 years are the PS3 and 360 (Crysis anyone?). Since the Wii never depended on graphical prowess to sell itself in the first place this can only benefit them. As for the uses of motion control, I remember similar statements back in the day about the analog stick not changing gaming much... yeah...

Did graphics matter to gamers for the PS2? Not really. Will graphics matter to gamers for the Wii? At least not for the majority of gamers.

The Wii serves as an excellent tool of demonstrating how gameplay is trumping graphics as the most valued factor of gaming. And to be honest, graphics have ultimately plateaud, let's be honest. They look beautiful in what they can do, but the only step forward the 360 and PS3 have really made outside of polishing the last gen's 3D capabilities is HD. Graphically this is the smallest leap forward of any generation, and while yes, the Wii's graphics are behind the competition, its a subjective issue of aesthetics, if graphics really matter to you that much, then play on a PC.

Oh, but you say its the games that are the problem, the Wii only has mini-games and crappy ports after all. I beg to differ. The Wii indeed does have those now but it also has all the core games and franchises that the Gamecube did and then some and this is only in its first year. The shitty ports are something that will pass as they did for the DS. The mini-games for the Wii are no different than the mind training and puzzle games for the DS which accented the console's game library, not take away from it. Do you honestly think Nintendo is going to stop making games for the Wii after December 31st 2007? Sorry that they're not forced to brag up the next three years of projected game titles to entice consumers to buy their console. Do you honestly think this slow start, which is typical of most consoles, is going to be the trend of what's to come? Such naivity can only exist in the minds of those who fear change.

Is the Wii what gamers want? Let the sales speak for themselves.

Is the PS3 what gamers want? Let the sales speak for themselves.

Is the 360 what gamers want? Let the sales speak for themselves.

If you don't like the Wii, that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they want gaming to be, but first acknowledge that this is only your opinion and preference, not a fact so stop trying to force it on others like you're the Nostradamus of gaming.

naznatips said:
I think this would be a good statement... if Wii graphics weren't incredibly dated already. The systems that are going to look dated in 2 years are the PS3 and 360 (Crysis anyone?). Since the Wii never depended on graphical prowess to sell itself in the first place this can only benefit them. As for the uses of motion control, I remember similar statements back in the day about the analog stick not changing gaming much... yeah...

Agree, and it was the first thing I stated in this thread.

Now Blue3 or ckmlb, can you explain why graphics will mean so much within 2 years from now when Wii already now is way behind everything PS3 and xbox360 has shown so far.

Note: I am not saying that PS3 and xbox360 wont start to sell more when the price drops comes, I am just stating that I have a big problem with that Wii just will stop selling. Looking at Japan were the games that drives the DS or Wii aren't those with the best graphics, and Japan has a much higher HD usage then USA or Europe. I mean Wii Sport has probarbly sold as much as every PS3 or xbox360 titles has done combined soon. That game has graphics that most probarbly could be done on a PS1.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!