By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

What first got you into videogames? For me it was probably Mortal Kombat / Super Mario Kart on the SNES - going round to my mates on a saturday afternoon. Then he got a PS with Tekken / Ridge Racer and I was hooked!

Around the Network

Atari. Started with a few basics like tank and pac man and others. What really did me in was the NES. Going to my aunt/unlce's and watching them play SMB. Then it was allover.

Well I have played video games before but super mario was the start of the relationship. Games like ,Ninja gaiden, batman, TMNT and codename viper made it permanent.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

My dad gave me an Atari in preschool...boy does he regret turning me into a gamer now haha. Games like Tank, River Raid, Frogger, Pitfall, PacMan. I was playing before I could read hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can just remember playing Pong, at the very start. But it was the NES that hooked me - and the magic that was SMB, Metroid, Kid Icarus & Castlevania. Somewhere in-between I got exposed to PCs (playing Yaught Race on the Microbee 32k at school), then I decided that I needed to try and make some games, as they looked like fun. Now 21yrs later... :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

staticneuron said: Well I have played video games before but super mario was the start of the relationship. Games like ,Ninja gaiden, batman, TMNT and codename viper made it permanent.
TMNT EH? B A B A UP DOWN B A LEFT RIGHT B A START Ring any bells? :P

I remember Atari, but it was the Commodore 64 that hooked me on gaming. :D

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

My parents didn't want me to get a home console till I was older, so I grew up on the gameboy, and didn't get a NES till everyone had Genesis/snes and were selling their Nes's at garage sales. But oh my gameboy days.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

vanguardian1 said: I remember Atari, but it was the Commodore 64 that hooked me on gaming. :D
I must admit I used to own a Commodore 64. Can't really remember what games I played on it though - BombJack ring any bells?

DreamsCast said: vanguardian1 said: I remember Atari, but it was the Commodore 64 that hooked me on gaming. :D I must admit I used to own a Commodore 64. Can't really remember what games I played on it though - BombJack ring any bells?
Atari 2600 was my first. That got me started -- pitfall, space invaders, etc., but the commodore 64 was really the first machine that had the power to play good games (and put the atari controllers to use). First game? Summer Games made by Epyx. I played for many, many hours with friends... Amiga followed that which had some incredible games.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.