By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

btw River Raid fans there's a DS version coming =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

I don't remember not playing games. My mother is a gamer and my parents owned a 2600 before I was born. For PC gaming, while my dad owned an Osborne One, it wasn't until he bought an XT that I got into that.

My parents, who got me an Atari 2600 for birthday. I didn't even ask for it, since I had never heard of videogames before.

Wii # 4594 3226 7132 0861 (please PM me your if you add me, so I can add you too!)

Taltosh

Early Ultima series and Warcraft 1 spawned my interest, then Betrayal at Krondor and Wolfenstein sent it soaring!

zelda nes and dune2 was the two games that got me into videogames ...
i think this two games explain my taste for adventure/rpg and rts .

my first console was a nes and my first computer was an old exel100

sorry my english is baaadd

Around the Network

I rented a NES with Super Mario Bros., Castlevania and Ice Climber summer of 1989. Later that year I played Zelda 1+2 and Kid Icarus on my own console. Best year of gaming. Ever. Fact.

I want you!

Definitely the Coleco Vision for me. I played way too much Pepper II and Qbert at my cousins house.

Then I was blown away by playing SMB at the mall, so my sister and I bought a NES.

But I have to say that Warcraft II was the first game that really sucked me into PC Gaming. The online experience (Kali and The Zone) was just so new. It's funny what we went through to play online games then. IPX/SPX emulation over TCPIP anyone?

I started with games like Joust and Pac Man in the arcades. I saw an Nes in Wal-Mart in the mid Eighties that let you play any game for a limited amount of time. My mom saw how much I liked those games, and got me an Nes for Christmas. It's been my life ever since. Now I have 3 younger sisters ( now 21, 19, and 17) who can kick your ass in Halo or Mario Kart, and a 6 year old daughter who cheats in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and plays DS games better than me. The Force is strong in this one.....

Playing Duck Hunt when I was 4 at a relative's house.

SUPER MARIO WORLD - --------SNES

Donky kong country ----- SNES

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million